Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
I have had good luck with Petronix in the past. If you are looking for some wow factor when the hood goes up then I would say the MSD or similar might add some appeal

Re: Upgrading to electronic ignition - what's best? [Re: MoparforLife] #345304
06/14/09 09:44 PM
06/14/09 09:44 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

I would want a dist that has easy(ier) access to the springs/curve. An adjustable MP dist w a MP chrome box will work good & if the msd is a higher quality dist I would want to go with that but I am wondering if msd dist are being outsourced over there & if are they less quality now. You said a stock resto & what he said a perronix conversion would look almost stock.

What is the big deal about changing the advance curve. Most of the time a switch of the springs will do it and it is not somethhing that is done every day or very often. Parts are available about any place. I have done the switch and have talkec to others that have had the same experience that have made the switch to a so called hi performance distributor and box Crane, Msd etc and what did we gain for the money nothing but maybe a rev limiter. We sure didn't et any better. Oh well it is your money. I get kind of PO'd if When I spend that kind of money and gain nothing but the right to say it is "Crane equiped" or I have an MSD distributor. I get asked if it was worth it and my answer is H*** NO it wasn't worth it and wouldn't do it again now that I know better.

don what blows about the MP dist , at least untill they started having mallory make them is the 30 DEGREES of mechanical advance that is a pain to change , ie: WELDING the slots closed , full disassembly of the dist . you get the idea , For a company that had some of the baddest cars to ever rip the pavement their high performance parts division sold some of the poorest designed parts.

Page 2 of 2 1 2