06/02/09 09:23 PM
06/02/09 09:23 PM
PA
J
Jack Zupan Offline OP
Jack Zupan  Offline OP
J

PA
After reading a number of posts, I sure I will have an interference problem with my hemi installation in my '69 RR. I am using Schumacher conversion mounts. I have Indy heads with the aluminum valve covers and from what I can tell there are several possible solutions. Based on experience which would you recommend.

1. Use tall Schumacher mounts. These are 3/8" taller than the standard Schumacher mount. Will solve the shock tower problem but cause other issues. The hood is not a problem because I have a 6-pack hood.

2. Cut a section out of the shock tower and weld in a flat plate. This creates several problems for me since I don't have the cutting equipment and can't weld but I know someone who can do this.

3. Get a set of the new Indy valve covers that are indented to clear the shock tower. This is a possibility but I would have to be able to sell my present covers.

4. Use the Mopar stamped steel valve covers. Will these fit? Same issue with selling old valve covers.

Thanks for you help.

Jack

Re: Shock Tower Interference with Aluminum Hemi Valve Cover [Re: Jack Zupan] #336666
06/03/09 05:54 AM
06/03/09 05:54 AM
PA
J
Jack Zupan Offline OP
Jack Zupan  Offline OP
J

PA

Re: Shock Tower Interference with Aluminum Hemi Valve Cover [Re: Jack Zupan] #336667
06/03/09 06:28 AM
06/03/09 06:28 AM
Richmond Va, KeislerTKO 60...
V
VanishPt Offline
master
VanishPt  Offline
master
V

Richmond Va, KeislerTKO 60...
I have the problem with Stage V heads and covers. I used option #2 but was not quite agressive enough on the cut.,

#3 is the one that gets my attention. They were not available when i put mine in.

#1 is my least favorite because, even though you have a six pak hood, you could easly get into to T Bar/ header issues. Especialy with TTIs. You will also cause the back of the trans to hang lower than you want. Drive line issues will appear. You can even have these problems with the stock schumaker mounts as i understand they raise the engine.

Re: Shock Tower Interference with Aluminum Hemi Valve Cover [Re: Jack Zupan] #336668
06/03/09 07:44 AM
06/03/09 07:44 AM
ILL
M
MLR426 Offline
master
MLR426  Offline
master
M

ILL
Quote:

After reading a number of posts, I sure I will have an interference problem with my hemi installation in my '69 RR. I am using Schumacher conversion mounts. I have Indy heads with the aluminum valve covers and from what I can tell there are several possible solutions. Based on experience which would you recommend.

1. Use tall Schumacher mounts. These are 3/8" taller than the standard Schumacher mount. Will solve the shock tower problem but cause other issues. The hood is not a problem because I have a 6-pack hood.

2. Cut a section out of the shock tower and weld in a flat plate. This creates several problems for me since I don't have the cutting equipment and can't weld but I know someone who can do this.

3. Get a set of the new Indy valve covers that are indented to clear the shock tower. This is a possibility but I would have to be able to sell my present covers.

4. Use the Mopar stamped steel valve covers. Will these fit? Same issue with selling old valve covers.

Thanks for you help.

Jack

Need to watch the shroud clearance.

logan426