06/02/09 08:14 AM
06/02/09 08:14 AM
south central,Pa
mopar_to_ya Offline OP
pro stock
mopar_to_ya  Offline OP
pro stock

south central,Pa
Does anyone here run a Edelbrock Quik Data system?
Been playing with one on my Brothers car, and not real sure if we are getting the data correctly.
When uploading to the laptop after making 3 passes, it shows uploading 1 of 5 sessions.

1st question;
how long will it record? or is there a timeout, and this being the reason for more sessions than runs?

2nd question;
how do you erase or delete all the historical or old data? this was used on another car before. we went thru the steps to set it up on his car but it still shows all the old data in the historical data.

3rd question;
we can show all data in word format or graph, which word format is way over our illiterate heads, lol. I pull all data from the historical data from the toolbar. Is this the right way to do it?

4th and final question;
when uploading to your laptops, does it take forever, or am I totally doig this wrong? lol

sorry so long, and I already know I am an old school dummey, so I don't need reminded,lol
I'm new, I'm new (aka Joe Dirt)

Thanks guys for any and all help

Re: Edelbrock Quik Data question [Re: mopar_to_ya] #336076
06/02/09 11:21 AM
06/02/09 11:21 AM
Sterling Heights, MI
John_T_Brown Offline
John_T_Brown  Offline

Sterling Heights, MI
Question: how long will it record? or is there a timeout, and this being the reason for more sessions than runs?

Answer: Go Here for Answer How Long

Up to 64 sessions can be stored in the box. After historical data is logged, it must be uploaded from the QwikData box to the PC before it can be viewed. Make sure the QwikData box is powered up and connected to your PC. Select “Upload Data” from “File” menu.

The system will first upload the setup information. It will then determine how many data sessions there are (Every time the start/stop criteria are met, a new data session is created.). A standard Windows File Save Dialog box will then open. Choose where the data will be stored and a file name. If there are multiple sessions, the system will automatically append a unique 2-digit number to the file name.

Question: how do you erase or delete all the historical or old data? this was used on another car before. we went thru the steps to set it up on his car but it still shows all the old data in the historical data.

Answer: Once Data is uploaded, you can clear the memory by selecting “Download Setup” from the “Setup” menu or by clicking on the “Erase Memory” button on the realtime graph display.

Note: If the memory is not cleared, new data will simply be appended to the old. The next time you “Upload” you may then have some duplicated data.

Question: we can show all data in word format or graph, which word format is way over our illiterate heads, lol. I pull all data from the historical data from the toolbar. Is this the right way to do it?

Answer: Use the Qwikdata program to view your data (graphs). If you want to analyze further use the “export the data to .txt” and open the file with Microsoft Excel… then format the columns that have the scientific format to number with two decimal places.

Question: when uploading to your laptops, does it take forever.

Answer: It depends on speed of the computer and speed of the connection. Other variables are the length of data recorded per session and how the data was set to be recorded (this is done at setup).

Hope this answers your questions.

If it ain't broke fix it anyway!
Re: Edelbrock Quik Data question [Re: John_T_Brown] #336077
06/02/09 01:43 PM
06/02/09 01:43 PM
south central,Pa
mopar_to_ya Offline OP
pro stock
mopar_to_ya  Offline OP
pro stock

south central,Pa
Hey John,
Thanks a bunch for taking the time to answer my questions.
I'm heading to the garage to work with tonight.

Thanks again
By the way, I love your car