06/03/09 10:24 PM
06/03/09 10:24 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
plasticfantastic  Offline
top fuel

toledo, ohio

Guess what, your "Mopar" is now made in Canada. Your HEMI has a mercedees transmission behind it and Toyota is now using the frame and rear coilover suspension from the Ram on the Tundra.....I wonder where the "FIAT" symbols will go on that 4 DOOR Charger you drive?
I have raced Mopar all my life and always will. I pull with an '08 Ram. I still say TODAYS Chrysler is CRAP. To "ME" Mopar is the old stuff... By the way, based on looks alone, a new Toyota 4Runner or a new Dodge Durango....yea, keep on bleeding.

i know where they are built, like the heavy duty rams are built in Mexico... BMW is made in South Carolina, Honda in Ohio, Toyota in Kentucky, California, Indiana AND Mississippi, its not as simple as buy american anymore, and that wasnt my point to begin with...

i like the looks of the 2009 durango, more then a tundra, you can spend your money anywhere you want on what you want... I'm not putting you down for what you choose to buy and drive...
but i personally, think its amusing that someone like you, would offer excuses up like, well the original charger was never a 4 door, so that is why i cant buy it... and then justify why you buy something other then a mopar but then say that you are a a mopar guy...

Dont like the Durango? look at the Aspen, Oh wait, the aspen was never an SUV, it was originally a 2 door F body, so you cant buy that, its not staying true to the name...
you should go get a Honda Pilot then???

I'll keep on bleeding, Mopar or no car, (except when ..... put your excuse here ..... )

I'm like a super hero, with no powers or motivation.
Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. So [Re: plasticfantastic] #335873
06/03/09 10:35 PM
06/03/09 10:35 PM
USA
Ron Silva Offline OP
top fuel
Ron Silva  Offline OP
top fuel

USA
440NewPort,
"I'm not sure you have the right to insult anyone's intelligence when you flushed 10K down the toilet for nothing.
You jumped the gun big time selling it and you know it."

You don't know how right you are. Thats why I want to get another one. I am so lucky I had the money to waste.
Thanks, Ronald Silva.

SRT DEMON ONE SEAT
Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. So [Re: Ron Silva] #335874
06/03/09 11:35 PM
06/03/09 11:35 PM
long island new york
K
kingdust Offline
kingdust  Offline
K

long island new york
i can't believe this is still going on!

LIFE IS A LESSON,YOU LEARN IT WHEN YOUR THROUGH!
Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: Ron Silva] #335875
06/04/09 12:40 AM
06/04/09 12:40 AM
California
L
Leojmcca Offline
Leojmcca  Offline
L

California
Go to the Carmax in Torrance near LAX. They own the Dodge dealer that is located right behind the carmax dealership off the 405.

You can test drive the car and see if you can get it going off the line before buying it.

P.S. try an auto this time

Last edited by Leojmcca; 06/04/09 12:43 AM.

1968 Charger 383/auto 1967 Firebird 400/auto
Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: Leojmcca] #335876
06/04/09 01:11 AM
06/04/09 01:11 AM
N.E. Ohio
K
KillerBee Offline
master
KillerBee  Offline
master
K

N.E. Ohio
Sorry to hear Fiat/Dodge/Daimler let you down, I think they are letting many other employees and consumers down in other ways right now.... not the same company as our beloved Mopar of the past and never will be again.

You should have went to the track and found a good running R/T or SRT and offered to trade them your turd SRT, I would have done a partial trade with you on a vintage street/strip R/T Challenger that you could have made a runner at the track out of

Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: KillerBee] #335877
06/04/09 02:16 AM
06/04/09 02:16 AM
Vacaville/ El Dorado Hills ,Ca
440FISH Offline
super gas
440FISH  Offline
super gas

Vacaville/ El Dorado Hills ,Ca
It is sad that some of you are questioning dragrcr97 ability to drive a car or his ability to work/diagnose one. If you have ever seen one of his cars in person and the workmanship that he put into them, you would be amazed. A few years ago I saw Ron’s Demon at Las Vagas and the workmanship in that car. Talked to him for a few mins. about the car and was very impressed. I only know him from that few minute talk and the posts on this board. I still talk about that Demon to this day. I’m sure his valiant is just as nice.

Ron, Get a 70-71 Challenger and drop the new hemi drive train in that car. I bet you could get it to run fast enough...

Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. So [Re: plasticfantastic] #335878
06/04/09 07:41 AM
Down South
DaKuda Offline
super stock
DaKuda  Offline
super stock

Down South
Quote:

Guess what, your "Mopar" is now made in Canada. Your HEMI has a mercedees transmission behind it and Toyota is now using the frame and rear coilover suspension from the Ram on the Tundra.....I wonder where the "FIAT" symbols will go on that 4 DOOR Charger you drive?
I have raced Mopar all my life and always will. I pull with an '08 Ram. I still say TODAYS Chrysler is CRAP. To "ME" Mopar is the old stuff... By the way, based on looks alone, a new Toyota 4Runner or a new Dodge Durango....yea, keep on bleeding.

i know where they are built, like the heavy duty rams are built in Mexico... BMW is made in South Carolina, Honda in Ohio, Toyota in Kentucky, California, Indiana AND Mississippi, its not as simple as buy american anymore, and that wasnt my point to begin with...

i like the looks of the 2009 durango, more then a tundra, you can spend your money anywhere you want on what you want... I'm not putting you down for what you choose to buy and drive...
but i personally, think its amusing that someone like you, would offer excuses up like, well the original charger was never a 4 door, so that is why i cant buy it... and then justify why you buy something other then a mopar but then say that you are a a mopar guy...

Dont like the Durango? look at the Aspen, Oh wait, the aspen was never an SUV, it was originally a 2 door F body, so you cant buy that, its not staying true to the name...
you should go get a Honda Pilot then???

I'll keep on bleeding, Mopar or no car, (except when ..... put your excuse here ..... )

Whats so FUNNY about you is you have no idea who I am. You are the type that sits on the couch and gets all tingley inside when you see a chrysler commercial talking about the "lifetime warranty". Who is going to warranty them if they are not here??? They have made some of the worst looking vehicles in the last few years I have ever seen. If it wasnt for the RAM I think they would be gone. I have ran and have in my shop now more TRUE Mopar racecars and street cars than you can even name. Its people like you that make the "NEW" Chrysler think its OK to make all these UGLY cars. Case in point, that stupid looking Aspen you named. Tell you what Bleedy, is it OK with you if I go today and buy me an '09 Stratus?? What do you think about when I pop the hood and the top of the engine says "Mitschubischi"??? I am more TRUE Mopar than you will ever be......you have no IDEA.

Last edited by DaKuda; 06/04/09 07:47 AM.
Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: KillerBee] #335879
Down South
DaKuda Offline
super stock
DaKuda  Offline
super stock

Down South
Quote:

Sorry to hear Fiat/Dodge/Daimler let you down, I think they are letting many other employees and consumers down in other ways right now.... not the same company as our beloved Mopar of the past and never will be again.

You should have went to the track and found a good running R/T or SRT and offered to trade them your turd SRT, I would have done a partial trade with you on a vintage street/strip R/T Challenger that you could have made a runner at the track out of

WELL PUT....glad too see others understand my point.

SORRY for all the arguing. Back to your point on the Challenger.

Last edited by DaKuda; 06/04/09 07:48 AM.
Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: Ron Silva] #335880
06/04/09 07:55 AM
06/04/09 07:55 AM
the boonies
aarcuda Offline
I Live Here
aarcuda  Offline
I Live Here

the boonies
Quote:

"sometimes, it's not the car but the driver"

AARCUDA/Steve, why be such a jerk? What are you suggesting? Did you even read all of this thread? You seem somewhat intelligent, but I think you blew it making that comment. ESPECIALLY since it was suggested already.

im not being a jerk. im serious.. listen, my buddy built a 440 for a friends roadrunner. We went racing a few weeks ago at our local 1000' track. My freind ran the 1000' at 10.5 which really sucked for the motor build. It should have easily run mid to high 9's. He ran it three times and could never get the car to hook up and run and never made it better than 10.3.

Well my buddy who built the motor said he wanted to drive. this guy used to race seriously and had b1 motors, aluminum KB hemi motors in late model daytonas and could drive.

So we line up together cause i have a low 10 second car. and he proceeds to blow my doors off running a 9.8.

Thats why i said it. buddy #1 couldnt get out of the hole to save his life and certainly couldnt run in the 9's until buddy #2 showed him how. the car wanted something special and buddy #2 gave it what it needed to run hard.

btw, i didnt type all this out before cause i did it from my iphone and its a pita to type on. but had i been on my puter, i would have. didnt mean to sound like a jerk. its just the first thing I thought of when i read your post.

btw, for all i know, my car runs in the 9s too but i cant drive it there. who knows, no one else ever drove it but me

Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: 440FISH] #335881
06/04/09 11:36 AM
06/04/09 11:36 AM
Mesa, AZ
B
Bill_T Offline
mopar
Bill_T  Offline
mopar
B

Mesa, AZ
Quote:

It is sad that some of you are questioning dragrcr97 ability to drive a car or his ability to work/diagnose one. If you have ever seen one of his cars in person and the workmanship that he put into them, you would be amazed. A few years ago I saw Ron’s Demon at Las Vagas and the workmanship in that car. Talked to him for a few mins. about the car and was very impressed. I only know him from that few minute talk and the posts on this board. I still talk about that Demon to this day. I’m sure his valiant is just as nice.

Ron, Get a 70-71 Challenger and drop the new hemi drive train in that car. I bet you could get it to run fast enough...

x2 and then some. The Demon was just plain awesome. Looked like a 13.50 car but would carry the front tires four feet in the air through the 60 foot timers and et at 9.9x letting off early. At LVMS (altitude). Running a small block.

The personal attacks are just ignorant and chase good people off the board.

Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: aarcuda] #335882
06/04/09 11:37 AM
06/04/09 11:37 AM
USA
Ron Silva Offline OP
top fuel
Ron Silva  Offline OP
top fuel

USA
Steve, I will admit, you hit a nerve. I would love to drive your car someday!

SRT DEMON ONE SEAT
Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: Ron Silva] #335883
06/04/09 12:17 PM
06/04/09 12:17 PM
the boonies
aarcuda Offline
I Live Here
aarcuda  Offline
I Live Here

the boonies
Quote:

Steve, I will admit, you hit a nerve. I would love to drive your car someday!

and i admit i didnt read all the posts for the same reason for my initial short response- i used my iphone and thats not easy screen to read

Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: aarcuda] #335884
06/04/09 01:46 PM
06/04/09 01:46 PM
Airdrie, AB
Mills Offline
pro stock
Mills  Offline
pro stock

Airdrie, AB
To the topic at hand...there was something wrong with the car. A Challenger should be around the 106-108 mph mark showroom stock. As said, I could care less what the ET was. A "normal" one puts out more then teh 425 SAE HP they are rated for.

The programming in these cars is HORRIBLE. My SRT Charger, while a really fast car stock, was crappy in so many ways. As said, the torque managment in these cars is nuts. The ESP dash button does NOT turn it off, regardless what people say. The R/T does not have a 3 step button I believe, but even the SRT holding for the chime does NOT turn it off.

The Diablo Predator made my car fell like it had gained 50 HP / 50 lb ft...even thou is was mostly feel. Data logging proved the stock tune would pull timing to virtually NOTHING on a stand still punch...torque managment...with of without ESP dash button. Torque managment between shifts...crap.

You can turn the key (attempt to start the car again) while slowing moving the car which will turn the ESP AND BAS system off as the brakes WILL attempt to apply when they sense "excessive" torque applies to the wheels which could result in a loss of control. Still, disable the ENTIRE ESP system with the Diablo and you feel like you just bought a new car.

All this said, Chrysler really messed up in the programming. I'm not too sure of the # of people that bought an SRT because they thought it was the top of the line model and cared about an ESP system and all the other crap that goes into it. Give me a 6.4L SRT with a bare bones "roadrunner" type thinking and I'll be happy. You are no longer DC...think like the old Mopar!

I have a "few" mods in my car now, and it is a BLAST to drive. I could care less what it runs at the track as that was not the reason I bought the car. On the street, there is not much that will keep up...unless you start meeting some really serious iron. I'd say it's an easy low 12 @ ~118mph car in street trim....which when you figure a race weight of ~4500 lbs, is a bunch of HP at the wheels for a 370 ci motor. Show me a 4500# 383 powered car run those #'s....and then how streetable is it?

1967 Satellite, CNC Eddy Headed 500ci Street Mauler
(Dyno'ed @ 600 HP / 650 ft-lbs)

2016 Challenger Hellcat - Holy Hell
2012 Hemi Ram Sport Crew Cab
2011 Avenger, Pentastar V-6
2007 SRT-8 Charger (Dyno'ed @ 470 RWHP)
1986 Caravelle, 318, aka "Rosco", Back Road Burner!

ALL Black...Bad Boys always wear Black!
Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: Mills] #335885
06/04/09 02:43 PM
06/04/09 02:43 PM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
The programming "sucks" because Chrysler doesn't want the car coming in on a rollback, owner complaining he broke the differential "driving normally" instead of sidestepping it at 7 grand...on slicks at the track.

But potential warranty claims really don't apply here since the OP's warranty was void the first time he raced it.... so he might as well have given it a "stock" tuneup at the same time. Race it once, presto...no more warranty!

Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: ZIPPY] #335886
06/04/09 02:50 PM
06/04/09 02:50 PM
Pacifica, CA
Devilbrad Offline
top fuel
Devilbrad  Offline
top fuel

Pacifica, CA
Quote:

The programming "sucks" because Chrysler doesn't want the car coming in on a rollback, owner complaining he broke the differential "driving normally" instead of sidestepping it at 7 grand...on slicks at the track.

But potential warranty claims really don't apply here since the OP's warranty was void the first time he raced it.... so he might as well have given it a "stock" tuneup at the same time. Race it once, presto...no more warranty!

Well, they have to prove you raced it and its still up to the dealer whether they let the manufacturer know it was abused or not. Working on Mazdas for a living, I see a lot of Speed 3's and 6's. They get beat on hard, lots of them modified. I just close my eyes and do everything under warranty, because I am cool like that. I also have some very very loyal customers because of it.

Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: ZIPPY] #335887
06/04/09 03:22 PM
06/04/09 03:22 PM
Airdrie, AB
Mills Offline
pro stock
Mills  Offline
pro stock

Airdrie, AB
Quote:

They shouldn't build a SRT that can't stand up to the motor under normal operating conditions (and yes, bag driving it IS / should be normal for an SRT)...end of story. They want to limit things, then don't put an SRT badge on it. If someone thinks side stepping at clutch at 7k is normal, then he needs to give his head a shake.

All I'm saying is you would not believe the difference (on an auto anyway) with a before and after Diablo tune. Disable the torque managment completely with the Diablo, and you have the way the car should have left the factory...as an SRT...the reason wht people buy an SRT.

Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: ZIPPY] #335888
06/04/09 03:25 PM
06/04/09 03:25 PM
the boonies
aarcuda Offline
I Live Here
aarcuda  Offline
I Live Here

the boonies
Quote:

wow! is that true? Is that in the warranty? I would like to know the exact wording of the warranty. If anyone has it (only the part about racing is needed), could you post it?

Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: Mills] #335889
06/04/09 03:50 PM
06/04/09 03:50 PM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
Quote:

All I'm saying is you would not believe the difference (on an auto anyway) with a before and after Diablo tune. Disable the torque managment completely with the Diablo, and you have the way the car should have left the factory...as an SRT...the reason wht people buy an SRT.

I would belive it because I've experienced it, and recommended a "stock" Diablo tune several posts ago.

The point I was trying to make is the torque management programming is probably done to reduce warranty costs, but I guess that point was totally lost somehow. At any rate it's easily defeated and the warranty just as easily voided so it's nothing to get too worked up about.

Hopefully nobody tied into Chrysler will see this thread

Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: ZIPPY] #335890
06/04/09 05:24 PM
06/04/09 05:24 PM
Airdrie, AB
Mills Offline
pro stock
Mills  Offline
pro stock

Airdrie, AB
Chrysler turned into a bunch of Pufta's. Last time I checked, Ford and GM didn't care what you were doing with a GT500 or Z06 Vette...as they know EXACTLY what customers buy those cars and what they plan to do with them.

If they are going to void the warranty if they found out you raced it, even in 100% stock, they shouldn't advertise / sell the cars the way they do. I mean, go to a SRT experience event and what are they doing?....racing the cars. Oh, but Mr. John Q. Public...you buy one, you can't do this...we are simply trying to show you the potential of the cars.

Re: DODGE let me down........CHALLENGER. Kinda LONG. Sorry [Re: Mills] #335891
06/04/09 05:56 PM
06/04/09 05:56 PM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
Sorry for my attempt to explain why things are the way they are

Please continue the complaining, at this point it's the only thing keeping this thread alive

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9