Hi all,

I posted in the general mopar Q&A but maybe someone here will have more insight. I'm planning to put an A833 behind a 6.4l Gen3 Hemi in my 66 Charger. My motor was originally mated to a TR6060, and I still have that stock flywheel. However, I'm open to a new billet one. That said, I'm planning on the Lakewood Al bell (LK7000) and while shopping for flywheels it seems a lot are marked as right/passenger side starter while others are marked left/drivers, and some don't mention at all. After talking to RAM, it looks like there's a .375" difference on the ring gear location forward-back (at least on the RAM models). The passenger side version sits flush with the crank flange, and the driver's side version is pushed 3/8 back towards the trans.

The Lakewood bell listing, however, states "early truck flywheel required" - but if I don't recall there ever being an 8-bolt, 130t truck flywheel. I certainly can't seem to find mention of one anywhere.

In any case, does anyone have experience with the Lakewood bell on one of these swaps? If so, any thoughts/insight? Would the .375" of the closer flywheel bee too close (before I get it mocked up and start measuring clearance)? Would it be possible to just shim the starter back if needed?

Thanks!