I recently replaced my 2018 Ford Escape with the time bomb 1.5L Ecoboost engine with a 2019 Kia Sorento 3.3V6 AWD. Now I own one of the most currently popular car brands to steal, because up to 2020 Kia did not feature standard ignition immobilizer technology. Guess its pretty easy to get in and rip open the steering column and access the circuits to get the car started and driving. I see part of the issue as always locking your vehicle (I always do, even on my own driveway), always keep it in the garage, etc. But to further make stealing my Kia more difficult I'm installing a starter relay immobilizer, which in effect acts like a main power disconnect switch.

This got me thinking. Up to this year I've never owned a vintage street vehicle like my 56 Dodge pickup. My 2001 Dakota will be the donor chassis and the old Dakota has a basic theft immobilizer tehcnology that I think will shut the truck off if started without using the key/fob idnetified by the ECM. Old Dakota pickups are not usually attracive to steal. But, a vintage daily driver 56 Dodge pickup may be attractive to some in more ways that just admiring the old classic, like the vermin of society may be inspiried to break in and steal it. So, does anyone have a main power cutoff switch under the dash or eslewhere on the chassis to keep someone from hotwiring it amd making off with your classic? Or perhaps install a starter relay immobilizer so the vehicle be started by using the actual key for the ignition?

Last edited by Andyvh1959; 03/03/24 06:31 PM.

My 56 C3-B8 Dakota build