The only constant in the universe is that it will always be 'something'. '02 Mag 360: Swapping in new lifters, going to button up the rockers etc, following the service manual...and it says to install the alignment yokes (lifter retainers) with the ARROW towards the camshaft......but...what 'arrow'?...and ARROW is in BIG CAPITAL LETTERS...like it's important n stuff m'kay... confused

[Linked Image]

...but naturally...I don't see any arrow on the yokes - I see numbers...but not arrows...not on the pushrod or cam side - nada except for numbers, and the yokes only seem to go one way (or upside down)...which naturally begs the question of...is this a thing? or not a thing?? Everything was OE in this engine, and while I can't see any difference between up or down or slaunchwise...I was planning to install them with the numbers reading up...otherwise I don't see any kind of arrows. Anyone know what's up? They look like all the other yokes I'm seeing online - don't appear to be Chevy or Ford etc....

[Linked Image]

Meanwhile, the new Top Line V10 lifters are nice - even have the HD retainer snap ring from the factory. Soaked 'em in oil, and dropped 'em in - really hoping these make a nice reduction in the the sewing machine 'chatter' I've been hearing in this engine, and if not well at least I'll have that much more confidence in the lifters.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

71 Demon (project): 318, A-833od, 8-3/4, 3.23's
14 Wrangler JKU M-380 "Kilroy" (under construction): Magnum 360, 46rh, Atlas4, D60/14b-5.38s-Grizzlys, 40s
07 Ram 3500 MegaDually 4x4 "Big Mack": 5.9 6BT, G56 'Toy Hauler'
52 Willys M-38 "Poncho"