05/16/09 02:06 PM
05/16/09 02:06 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I have a 70 Charger equiped with power steering, and a center console. My current key start column was damaged in the restoration process, and I need to re-build another column. I have located a column shift column from a 70 b body. can I utilize my existing column and take the shaft, crush tube, ect.. and use those parts to fix my existing column, or is there a difference between the two that would inhibit such an attempt? Thanks for the help.

Re: 70 Charger power steering column #319688
05/16/09 03:14 PM
05/16/09 03:14 PM
The Swamp
S
Sixpak Offline
master
Sixpak  Offline
master
S

The Swamp
The tubes and other assorted goodies are usually the same year to year, except if the column is a tilt vs a non-tilt, then they could come from a totally different manufacturer. Parts that are different are usually the steering shaft - longer for a manual steering box car, box coupler - different for a manual box, and the column collars - column shift vs floor shift. If they are both 70 columns you should be good to go, just compare the ends of your floor shift column tube to the column shift column. IIRC they are the same, but the bushings at that end may be different size inner diameter, to accommodate the column shift shift tube linkage.