Bridgeport, WV
M
Michael Offline OP
master
Michael  Offline OP
master
M

Bridgeport, WV
I was a vendor this year and had to stay in my spot for 2 days but I did have a very good experience. Sold almost ALL my stuff. Just brought back one box of parts, a set of headers and an exhaust system from a Hellcat along with a 2:62 rear end. Also heard the strip may go up for sale . May be BS but who knows.

Last edited by Michael; 08/14/23 07:44 AM.
Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: Michael] #3167707
08/13/23 07:29 PM
08/13/23 07:29 PM
Walton, Indiana
TimS Offline
top fuel
TimS  Offline
top fuel

Walton, Indiana
Not near the attendance there was 15-20 years ago, especially on Saturday.

Still had a good time.

1968 Barracuda Fastback 318-2BBL 904 2.76 Frost Blue Survivor
1970 Roadrunner 440+6 BBL 727 AT 4.10 SG Dana Blue Fire Metallic
1971 Cuda 340-4 BBL 4spd 3.91 SG Curious Yellow
1972 Barracuda 318-2 BBL 904 AT 3.23 1 Legger Tor Red/White Vinyl Top
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi AT Patriot Blue
2011 Dodge Challenger RT 5.7 Hemi 6spd 392 SG Triple Black
2014 Dodge Charger RT Max AWD 5.7 Hemi AT 305 Billet Silver
Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: TimS] #3167708
08/13/23 07:38 PM
08/13/23 07:38 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

I didn't sell much and didn't buy much either, but had a transport to the Nats and one after that made up for it big time! Got home a couple hours ago and am worn out! Only walked the swap a couple of times and the car corral, didn't go look at any cars in the show field and didn't go to what heard was left of the Midway. I saw Jim at the Minnesota Mopar show and Carlisle, and he was his same old self. shruggy

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: Rhinodart] #3167719
08/13/23 08:31 PM
08/13/23 08:31 PM
Bridgeport, WV
M
Michael Offline OP
master
Michael  Offline OP
master
M

Bridgeport, WV
I Kept watching for you Jim but never did see you.

Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: Michael] #3167738
08/13/23 10:32 PM
08/13/23 10:32 PM
Land 'O Lakes
RoadRunnerLuva Offline
master
RoadRunnerLuva  Offline
master

Land 'O Lakes
I didn't go to Nationals, but did see and walked by Jim Bielinda, at a Mopar show in
western Michigan, a few weeks ago, he looked perfectly fine. shruggy

Plymouth Makes It!
Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: RoadRunnerLuva] #3167744
08/13/23 11:06 PM
08/13/23 11:06 PM
Bridgeport, WV
M
Michael Offline OP
master
Michael  Offline OP
master
M

Bridgeport, WV
Maybe that was BS I heard.

Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: Michael] #3167749
08/14/23 12:13 AM
08/14/23 12:13 AM
On the open road
Hrtbkr Offline
super stock
Hrtbkr  Offline
super stock

On the open road
We saw Jim in the registration tent this morning.
Looked fine to me...

While outside on the turnpike They got this new hit tune Where thrills become as cheap as gas And gas as cheap as thrills
Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: Hrtbkr] #3167766
08/14/23 07:43 AM
08/14/23 07:43 AM
Bridgeport, WV
M
Michael Offline OP
master
Michael  Offline OP
master
M

Bridgeport, WV
Ok, sorry about the bad information.

Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: Michael] #3167795
08/14/23 10:15 AM
08/14/23 10:15 AM
Iowa
burdar Offline
Owen's Dad
burdar  Offline
Owen's Dad

Iowa
We had a descent time this year.

On July 31st I sent an email to my friend Paul and told him that it was the last day to order a Charger/Challenger. He replied the next day with an order receipt for a new Scat pack wide body Challenger. The closest dealer to us that had an allocation for one was near Chicago. He wanted a 6-speed but the only available trans at that time was the auto. After a few days the dealer still hadn't heard back from Chrysler if they accepted the order. Fearing that the order would be canceled he started looking around the country for another option. He found a 6-speed wide body in Pennsylvania that was almost exactly what he had ordered. So...he bought it. We left on Wednesday instead of Thursday and drove to Pennsylvania. Thursday morning he finalized all the paperwork and we drove back to Ohio for the Nats.

We got to the Nats at 7:30 Friday morning to get a decent spot. People had already roped off spots and set up tents on Thursday so finding a good spot was still a challenge. When we left on Friday we left our tent up like everyone else. We got to the show Saturday morning at 8:00 and someone was in our spot. He was asked nicely to move since we had that spot the day before and the tent was still set up. He refused and said he wasn't moving. His friends next to him put the blame on us. They said it's first come first served and we shouldn't expect to have a spot if we "slept in until 10:00 in the morning". (it was 8:00) The funny thing is that those same people moved spots Friday morning because they had initially parked in a roped off area. What can you do? There is no reasoning with people like that. We found a different spot and the rest of the day went on without incident.

The dealership in Heath was a good time. Kind of reminded me a little bit of years past.

Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: Michael] #3167800
08/14/23 10:50 AM
08/14/23 10:50 AM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
Great time. Super busy. Weather was great until the threat of bad weather on Sat. We decided to close up tent a couple hours early on Sat to avoid having to spend another night away from home if it did rain. Still spooked from the tornado/microburst from a few years back.

Overall great show! Not our best year but definately our 2nd best (last year was our best).

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets
Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: burdar] #3167825
08/14/23 12:43 PM
08/14/23 12:43 PM
Bridgeport, WV
M
Michael Offline OP
master
Michael  Offline OP
master
M

Bridgeport, WV
Budar. I was the one talking to you about your Black Challenger at the Heath dealership. You said you just bought it in PA---Nice car!!

Last edited by Michael; 08/14/23 12:44 PM.
Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: Michael] #3167836
08/14/23 01:11 PM
08/14/23 01:11 PM
Iowa
burdar Offline
Owen's Dad
burdar  Offline
Owen's Dad

Iowa
Budar. I was the one talking to you about your Black Challenger at the Heath dealership. You said you just bought it in PA---Nice car!!

I wish it were mine. You must have been talking to my friend Paul. It is nice.

Last edited by burdar; 08/14/23 01:12 PM.
Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: burdar] #3167838
08/14/23 01:28 PM
08/14/23 01:28 PM
Nashville, TN
M
MOPARMIKE69 Offline
master
MOPARMIKE69  Offline
master
M

Nashville, TN
I have been attending the Nats and judging for over 30 years. Yes every year. Sure things have changed because of a lot of factors. The past two years the Nats has been more fun than any of the long ago years. I love the fact that there are fewer people than 20 years ago. Makes it easier and more enjoyable to not have to deal with the nutjobs that no longer come. The track has improved greatly no more nasty port a pots. No more trash cans over flowing. Racing is bigger and better than ever. That alone makes The Nats better by far. Plenty of swap meet stuff just a lot fewer parts being brought because there are less and less original parts left. Vendors don't come like they used to because of expenses and internet sales. 20 years ago gas was under $2.00 a gallon. It was over $3.50 this year and Hotels used to be $65 and now, most are over $150.

Oh let's see. Carlise you gotta park in groups not with your friends. No Judging just friends picking friends cars. A trophy from Carlise is no big deal. The level of Judging at the Nats continues to be the best of all shows with MCACN a close second. I know I have judged at both events. Again I love the fact that there are less cars being judged because two thirds of those car from 20 years ago were just drivers. The level of quality of the cars we have now is far superior than years past. There were two Gold cars two years ago. There hasn't been a Gold level car in years. Showing at the the Nats has improved every year and this year was the smoothest ever. Having the judged car show field on the other side of the track has been great! No more 45 minute walks around the back of the track to see the show or carry parts.
You golf carts whiners should have been here this year. There were a fraction of carts there and not once did I experience or see any problems with carts. So stop all ready with the "Golf cart Nationals" crap.

Hotels are much easier to get. Getting in the gates doesn't take an hour anymore. And as far as Friday and Saturday night cruises. Brice road sucks now and sucked then compared to what we have now. Heath has so much to offer and if you want the experience of pandemonium crowds and burnouts Buckeye Lake rocked!!!! Cops let it all happen.
The weather was fantastic. Not hot and sweltering like Carlise. No body falling out or in need of misting tents. No rain except a few sprinkles Friday. Saturday nothing but beautiful weather.
To even say the show cannot be saved and it is going under is ludicrous. It doesn't need to be saved. It is alive and well and more fun than ever.

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert
Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #3167967
08/14/23 09:14 PM
08/14/23 09:14 PM
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Originally Posted by MOPARMIKE69
I have been attending the Nats and judging for over 30 years. Yes every year. Sure things have changed because of a lot of factors. The past two years the Nats has been more fun than any of the long ago years. I love the fact that there are fewer people than 20 years ago. Makes it easier and more enjoyable to not have to deal with the nutjobs that no longer come. The track has improved greatly no more nasty port a pots. No more trash cans over flowing. Racing is bigger and better than ever. That alone makes The Nats better by far. Plenty of swap meet stuff just a lot fewer parts being brought because there are less and less original parts left. Vendors don't come like they used to because of expenses and internet sales. 20 years ago gas was under $2.00 a gallon. It was over $3.50 this year and Hotels used to be $65 and now, most are over $150.

Oh let's see. Carlise you gotta park in groups not with your friends. No Judging just friends picking friends cars. A trophy from Carlise is no big deal. The level of Judging at the Nats continues to be the best of all shows with MCACN a close second. I know I have judged at both events. Again I love the fact that there are less cars being judged because two thirds of those car from 20 years ago were just drivers. The level of quality of the cars we have now is far superior than years past. There were two Gold cars two years ago. There hasn't been a Gold level car in years. Showing at the the Nats has improved every year and this year was the smoothest ever. Having the judged car show field on the other side of the track has been great! No more 45 minute walks around the back of the track to see the show or carry parts.
You golf carts whiners should have been here this year. There were a fraction of carts there and not once did I experience or see any problems with carts. So stop all ready with the "Golf cart Nationals" crap.

Hotels are much easier to get. Getting in the gates doesn't take an hour anymore. And as far as Friday and Saturday night cruises. Brice road sucks now and sucked then compared to what we have now. Heath has so much to offer and if you want the experience of pandemonium crowds and burnouts Buckeye Lake rocked!!!! Cops let it all happen.
The weather was fantastic. Not hot and sweltering like Carlise. No body falling out or in need of misting tents. No rain except a few sprinkles Friday. Saturday nothing but beautiful weather.
To even say the show cannot be saved and it is going under is ludicrous. It doesn't need to be saved. It is alive and well and more fun than ever.

This is just as I see it also. I quit judging 15 years ago because of working with Mr. Norms Garage and then Mr. Norm. The parts sales are down, but this was my swan song on vending, no more after this one. I am going to take the time I spent on parts selling and actually put together one or several of my cars and take them to Carlisle and The Nats. You will always see me at both shows, if you do not please send the wife condolences... angel

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: Rhinodart] #3167979
08/14/23 10:34 PM
08/14/23 10:34 PM
It's a dry heat
gtx6970 Offline
Too Many Posts
gtx6970  Offline
Too Many Posts

It's a dry heat
I've been. To most ..but not all ( cross country move has its disadvantages fornthis

But much prefer the Nats over Carlisle.

But I do want to congratulate my younger brother.

It's a nice car...not perfect by any means.

2nd two years in a row .
But he kept making improvements in the off season
Got 1st in class last year A body stock. Class of 2022
And 1st place this year senior class of 2023

20230812_132829.jpg20230812_132834.jpg
Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #3168020
08/15/23 08:20 AM
08/15/23 08:20 AM
wheeling, west virginia
W
wvjohn Offline
wvjohn  Offline
W

wheeling, west virginia
as moparmike stated, things have changed. like everything else, what we remember as kids growing up to adulthood, everything changes!!! be happy that there is still shows. which ever one you perfer thats great,good and not so good for alll of them. glad mopar shows are spread out and more people can enjoy.like everything,
keep attending these shows or they WILL be gone

Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: gtx6970] #3168104
08/15/23 02:30 PM
08/15/23 02:30 PM
Land 'O Lakes
RoadRunnerLuva Offline
master
RoadRunnerLuva  Offline
master

Land 'O Lakes
Originally Posted by gtx6970
I've been. To most ..but not all ( cross country move has its disadvantages fornthis

But much prefer the Nats over Carlisle.

But I do want to congratulate my younger brother.

It's a nice car...not perfect by any means.

2nd two years in a row .
But he kept making improvements in the off season
Got 1st in class last year A body stock. Class of 2022
And 1st place this year senior class of 2023

Just a beautiful Duster! Can you give us more info on your brothers car? Tell him I said, congrats on his class win, that is excellent! up

Plymouth Makes It!
Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: RoadRunnerLuva] #3168189
08/15/23 09:52 PM
08/15/23 09:52 PM
Nebraska
70VcodeCoronetRT Offline
top fuel
70VcodeCoronetRT  Offline
top fuel

Nebraska
Just curious, what kind of car count do they get these days? Haven't been in over 10 years. And would like to go back next year

Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: Rhinodart] #3168194
08/15/23 10:32 PM
08/15/23 10:32 PM
Macomb, MI
V
vinnyd76 Offline
pro stock
vinnyd76  Offline
pro stock
V

Macomb, MI
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by MOPARMIKE69

This is just as I see it also. I quit judging 15 years ago because of working with Mr. Norms Garage and then Mr. Norm. The parts sales are down, but this was my swan song on vending, no more after this one. I am going to take the time I spent on parts selling and actually put together one or several of my cars and take them to Carlisle and The Nats. You will always see me at both shows, if you do not please send the wife condolences... angel

Definitely looking forward to seeing your Mopar collection on display at a future event.

Last edited by vinnyd76; 08/15/23 10:33 PM.
Re: Nationals experience...... [Re: vinnyd76] #3168231
08/16/23 08:59 AM
08/16/23 08:59 AM
Marion, South Carolina [><]
an8sec70cuda Offline
I Live Here
an8sec70cuda  Offline
I Live Here

Marion, South Carolina [><]
My uncle went to sell parts. He sold the drivetrain related parts he took, but no sheet metal. He had some nice fenders and doors for 68-70 B bodies and didn't even have anyone look at them surprisingly. From what he could tell, he said it didn't seem like body parts were selling very well?

He sold a B body Dana 60 and a '70 E body pistol grip for me...sold them pretty quick.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3