Middle of A Field
O
OrangeProwler Offline OP
top fuel
OrangeProwler  Offline OP
top fuel
O

Middle of A Field
Was looking around and wondering if the OEM Blower Motor is worth the $180-$200 large by itself. I've read on other forums that with replacing the resistor, plug, and motor that it can still burn out. I'd rather do this right if I can as a once and done deal. Only had that problem once in my 2004 Ram 1500 where the blower motor went out but, all I had to replace was the resistor and the motor with a used one out of a low mileage unit. I have the OEM Mopar Resistor already. I'm hoping maybe to just replace the blower motor but, need to get back to the other place where the truck is to inspect the plug for the motor.

That being said for the motor, the brands available are Mopar, TYC, VDO, and Four Seasons. From what I saw I see that a couple of the aftermarket brands are made in "Taiwan" with the other made in China. I want to say maybe the "Mopar" unit is made in the USA but, I'm just wondering if one of the other brands I mention is a supplier for Mopar? Reviews seems to be mixed and quality seems to be a mixed bag. The other alternative is get a used Mopar unit from a Salvage Yard out of a lower mileage unit I suppose. Just wondering if anyone here has an experience with these trucks and the brands above. Thank you in advance.

Re: 2001-2004 Dakota Blower Motor Recommendation [Re: OrangeProwler] #3162770
07/24/23 02:06 PM
07/24/23 02:06 PM
So Cal
Sinitro Offline
master
Sinitro  Offline
master

So Cal
Originally Posted by OrangeProwler
Was looking around and wondering if the OEM Blower Motor is worth the $180-$200 large by itself. I've read on other forums that with replacing the resistor, plug, and motor that it can still burn out. I'd rather do this right if I can as a once and done deal. Only had that problem once in my 2004 Ram 1500 where the blower motor went out but, all I had to replace was the resistor and the motor with a used one out of a low mileage unit. I have the OEM Mopar Resistor already. I'm hoping maybe to just replace the blower motor but, need to get back to the other place where the truck is to inspect the plug for the motor.

That being said for the motor, the brands available are Mopar, TYC, VDO, and Four Seasons. From what I saw I see that a couple of the aftermarket brands are made in "Taiwan" with the other made in China. I want to say maybe the "Mopar" unit is made in the USA but, I'm just wondering if one of the other brands I mention is a supplier for Mopar? Reviews seems to be mixed and quality seems to be a mixed bag. The other alternative is get a used Mopar unit from a Salvage Yard out of a lower mileage unit I suppose. Just wondering if anyone here has an experience with these trucks and the brands above. Thank you in advance.

Check out the Four Seasons parts..
Their blower motors are sourced from Canada.

Just my $0.02... wink

Re: 2001-2004 Dakota Blower Motor Recommendation [Re: OrangeProwler] #3163126
07/25/23 03:56 PM
07/25/23 03:56 PM
Great White North
W
Wheeler Offline
Master
Wheeler  Offline
Master
W

Great White North
Originally Posted by OrangeProwler

Spent the extra $$$ and get an OEM Mopar bower motor. They are more expensive than an aftermarket blower motor, but quality and reliability will be much better.

Do you live in Canada or the USA? There are Mopar Wholesale websites where you can buy OEM Mopar parts for wholesale prices.

If you don't want to buy new - go to the salvage yard and get a blower motor from a low mileage 2001-2004 Dakota.

Good luck. twocents thumbs

Re: 2001-2004 Dakota Blower Motor Recommendation [Re: Wheeler] #3163137
07/25/23 04:11 PM
07/25/23 04:11 PM
Great White North
W
Wheeler Offline
Master
Wheeler  Offline
Master
W

Great White North
The Mopar part number I found for the blower motor & wheel is 04885669AC.

https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-blower-with-wheel-motor-4885669ac

MoparPartsGiant.com in Tucson, AZ sells it. Price is $166.50 (MSRP $252.00).

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-motor-blower-with-wheel~4885669ac.html

Re: 2001-2004 Dakota Blower Motor Recommendation [Re: Wheeler] #3163334
07/26/23 11:08 AM
07/26/23 11:08 AM
Middle of A Field
O
OrangeProwler Offline OP
top fuel
top fuel
O

Middle of A Field
Thank you all the replies. I'll take a look at things to see where things are and see if I need replace anything else. Hopefully, the plug is okay. The motor still works but, seems weak on the lower fan settings. I'm assuming it is the original fan motor from 2002. I'd figure I'd replace now rather than later. Couple of points of reference here. The resistor is bypassed on the highest setting. The 4 Seasons or Four Seasons motor from what I saw had a made in Taiwan sticker on it. Anyways, that's it for now. Thank you again.

Re: 2001-2004 Dakota Blower Motor Recommendation [Re: OrangeProwler] #3163346
07/26/23 11:57 AM
07/26/23 11:57 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
you may want to replace the resistor first, just to see if that is the root cause of your fan issue.
i have ran into that problem on many chrysler products over the years, when replacing the blower motor didn't make any difference in operation.
some resistors seem to last forever, some, not so much.
beer

Re: 2001-2004 Dakota Blower Motor Recommendation [Re: moparx] #3163900
07/28/23 02:17 PM
07/28/23 02:17 PM
Middle of A Field
O
OrangeProwler Offline OP
top fuel
top fuel
O

Middle of A Field
I think I'll just go ahead and replace a few other electrical bits on the truck as mentioned. Thank you all again.