IL us
I
ink Offline OP
mopar
ink  Offline OP
mopar
I

IL us
Well its happening again.. last year i gave up on trying to make Carlisle because i couldn't find affordable truck rentals.. the last time i went ( 3? Maybe 4 ) years ago i was able to rent a tall cargo van with unlimited miles for something like 400.00 i must of missed something because now the last few years you can't even get a truck or van with going to someplace that only rents trucks/ vans.. and the cheapest i have found wants 40 cents a mile on top of the fixed cost... anyone found something affordable?? I have a long list of parts so a car is out of the question!! And at 40 cents a mile from where im coming from ( Illinois ) i may as well just buy a finished car ? ;(

Re: Truck rental i [Re: ink] #3157910
07/07/23 11:00 PM
07/07/23 11:00 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Enterprise had some good deals on rental trucks, last year my buddy broke down and needed a truck to tow his trailer home and found a good rate from them, not sure what it was but it worked for him... shruggy

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Truck rental i [Re: ink] #3157933
07/08/23 03:41 AM
07/08/23 03:41 AM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
the last time I check on l renting a large ,under 25,000 LB gross, cargo truck Penske had the best deals on local use scope I rented in SO CA and drove it up to central Oregon to move a lot of my shop equipment, it got hot climbing out of northern CA into Oregon and I had to have that fix here in Oregon, thermostatic fan went bad. It was Cummins diesel powered and I paid for the fuel as well a little for the mileage I think (CRS) realcrazy
It was way cheaper than renting any truck one way from SO CA back then shruggy work I did have to drive into the L.A. Basin from the Mojave desert and return it to the same place when I was done but that no big deal, my wife drove me down there and pick me up on the return trip
\They were way cheaper than U haul, National or any other truck rental company I called scope

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 07/08/23 03:43 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Truck rental i [Re: Cab_Burge] #3158095
07/08/23 06:36 PM
07/08/23 06:36 PM
IL us
I
ink Offline OP
mopar
ink  Offline OP
mopar
I

IL us
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
the last time I check on l renting a large ,under 25,000 LB gross, cargo truck Penske had the best deals on local use scope I rented in SO CA and drove it up to central Oregon to move a lot of my shop equipment, it got hot climbing out of northern CA into Oregon and I had to have that fix here in Oregon, thermostatic fan went bad. It was Cummins diesel powered and I paid for the fuel as well a little for the mileage I think (CRS) realcrazy
It was way cheaper than renting any truck one way from SO CA back then shruggy work I did have to drive into the L.A. Basin from the Mojave desert and return it to the same place when I was done but that no big deal, my wife drove me down there and pick me up on the return trip
\They were way cheaper than U haul, National or any other truck rental company I called scope

Re: Truck rental i [Re: ink] #3158096
07/08/23 06:45 PM
07/08/23 06:45 PM
IL us
I
ink Offline OP
mopar
ink  Offline OP
mopar
I

IL us
Originally Posted by ink
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
i asked the wife and these two are the ones she called! anyone in Illinois want to split a truck ?? maybe a new (er) truck is in my future???