06/29/23 04:30 PM
06/29/23 04:30 PM
A
Andrewh Offline OP
master
Andrewh  Offline OP
master
A

Just a wild shot, if anyone here has a dealer license that can broker a car from coparts for me?
I would rather use someone here and pay them instead of some random broker off coparts.
apparently I can't buy a clean title car directly.

Re: any car dealers in texas that can broker a coparts car? [Re: Andrewh] #3155394
06/29/23 08:23 PM
06/29/23 08:23 PM
S.E.Ohio
Magnumguy Offline
I Live Here
Magnumguy  Offline
I Live Here

S.E.Ohio
Good idea about that. Of course I'd rather pay someone "on here" than a total stranger.

Let us know if/how this works out

"Multiple Magnum owner since 1978!!"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/146952895354657/
Re: any car dealers in texas that can broker a coparts car? [Re: Magnumguy] #3155395
06/29/23 08:25 PM
A
Andrewh Offline OP
master
Andrewh  Offline OP
master
A

Originally Posted by Magnumguy
Good idea about that. Of course I'd rather pay someone "on here" than a total stranger.

Let us know if/how this works out

lol, let me rephrase then.
A person, not some nameless corp, that I can't speak to on the phone.

Re: any car dealers in texas that can broker a coparts car? [Re: Andrewh] #3155396
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Offline
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Offline
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
We buy from Copart but are in Illinois.

Are you familiar with the car? Clean title vehicles at Copart usually have a 'reason' for being at Copart rather than, say, Manheim.

Master, again and still
Re: any car dealers in texas that can broker a coparts car? [Re: DaveRS23] #3155403
06/29/23 08:41 PM
06/29/23 08:41 PM
Central NY
G
GarageDodge Offline
mopar
GarageDodge  Offline
mopar
G

Central NY
Yes usually there is a reason a clean title car is at a salvage auction,be careful.

Re: any car dealers in texas that can broker a coparts car? [Re: GarageDodge] #3155505
06/30/23 09:53 AM
06/30/23 09:53 AM
A
Andrewh Offline OP
master
Andrewh  Offline OP
master
A

So I am not sure how it works, or how they are still clean title cars.
We have had a rash of hail the last couple of months and was looking at the latest batch of hail cars going through.
only a fraction of them show as salvage titles, the rest are clean title cars, all saying just hail damage.

I know not to bother with the busted out window ones, but the few I saw were pretty new and clean except for the dents.

Re: any car dealers in texas that can broker a coparts car? [Re: Andrewh] #3155878
07/01/23 11:21 AM
07/01/23 11:21 AM
rust belt
M
Moparite Offline
super stock
Moparite  Offline
super stock
M

rust belt
I never bought anything on copart but i did on another site. From what i seen they list some of the same cars. Don't know if they changed the process but it was just like a ebay bid auction. No broker or business license.

link

Re: any car dealers in texas that can broker a coparts car? [Re: Moparite] #3155912
07/01/23 12:45 PM
07/01/23 12:45 PM
A
Andrewh Offline OP
master
Andrewh  Offline OP
master
A

thanks. that is a broker really.
different site, so will do some research on them and how they handle TX titles.

Re: any car dealers in texas that can broker a coparts car? [Re: Andrewh] #3155968
07/01/23 03:19 PM
07/01/23 03:19 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
All I did was logon to their site and found a car I wanted, and bought it. I do have a business and used it when I signed up, always good to have a business even if you don't do anything with it, just register it with your state. I think I had to pay $350 for the paperwork, every state is different... twocents

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: any car dealers in texas that can broker a coparts car? [Re: Rhinodart] #3155972
07/01/23 03:31 PM
07/01/23 03:31 PM
A
Andrewh Offline OP
master
Andrewh  Offline OP
master
A

yeah, according to coparts site, I need a dealer license or dismantlers license to buy anything but salvage title cars.
a dealers license in texas is getting tougher due to all the license plate fraud etc..
I would be required to have a seperate location from my home to run it out of even if it is in my home. can't be part of the residence.
not really worth it for a couple of cars. and really not possible due to the seperate place of business rule.

Re: any car dealers in texas that can broker a coparts car? [Re: GarageDodge] #3155975
07/01/23 03:36 PM
07/01/23 03:36 PM
Tulsa OK
Bad340fish Offline
master
Bad340fish  Offline
master

Tulsa OK
My Boss's son's truck was stolen, lost for 6 months then showed up at Copart in perfect condition with only 66 miles put on it since it was stolen. He went through a car lot customer of ours to try and by it back but it went for insane money. The title showed clean as well.

Funny part was the only way we knew it was recovered was that Copart called him asking if he still had a key for it, or had the door code(F150). They even let his son come down and recover some of his items that were still in the truck, even the weathertech floormats. It was a strange deal.

Last edited by Bad340fish; 07/01/23 03:37 PM.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340
Re: any car dealers in texas that can broker a coparts car? [Re: Bad340fish] #3156139
07/02/23 09:33 AM
07/02/23 09:33 AM
rust belt
M
Moparite Offline
super stock
Moparite  Offline
super stock
M

rust belt
If it was stolen why didn't he get the police involved instead of trying to but it back? realcrazy

Re: any car dealers in texas that can broker a coparts car? [Re: Bad340fish] #3156156
07/02/23 10:56 AM
07/02/23 10:56 AM
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Offline
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Offline
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
Originally Posted by Bad340fish
My Boss's son's truck was stolen, lost for 6 months then showed up at Copart in perfect condition with only 66 miles put on it since it was stolen. He went through a car lot customer of ours to try and by it back but it went for insane money. The title showed clean as well.

Funny part was the only way we knew it was recovered was that Copart called him asking if he still had a key for it, or had the door code(F150). They even let his son come down and recover some of his items that were still in the truck, even the weathertech floormats. It was a strange deal.

If he had insurance and it paid him out, it became the insurance company's vehicle when it was recovered. He no longer had any say in what became of the vehicle. Same as if he had sold the vehicle. But they had no problem letting him recover his personal possessions that were still in the vehicle. I have seen that play out many times and have even been involved a couple of times as I have contacted previous owners and returned their personal property. Photos most often.

And we are seeing a change as you have noted here. It used to be that a recovered stolen vehicle would almost always be given a 'salvage' title. Now, more and more often they are run through with an unbranded title. Still, there can be surprises in that situation as all vehicles are sold; as is-where is. No warranty of any kind. And there is no test drive or anything of the sort. In fact, more and more locations won't even allow you to start the unit. Copart and their counter parts have a near monopoly on the industry and are moving to only buying on line with no personal contact with the vehicle until the transport unloads it at your place.

One more thing, they handle ALL vehicles with fork trucks. Multiple times. And the turn over of those drivers at these yards is huge. Most of the vehicles we buy have fork truck damage. Most is minor. But sometimes, it is not minor. Last week, we looked at a car that the fork truck had knocked a hole in the transaxle. That shows the value of being able to inspect a vehicle BEFORE bidding on it. Lots and lots of things don't show up in their photos.

Master, again and still
Re: any car dealers in texas that can broker a coparts car? [Re: DaveRS23] #3156158
07/02/23 11:03 AM
07/02/23 11:03 AM
A
Andrewh Offline OP
master
Andrewh  Offline OP
master
A

Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Originally Posted by Bad340fish

If he had insurance and it paid him out, it became the insurance company's vehicle when it was recovered. He no longer had any say in what became of the vehicle. Same as if he had sold the vehicle. But they had no problem letting him recover his personal possessions that were still in the vehicle. I have seen that play out many times and have even been involved a couple of times as I have contacted previous owners and returned their personal property. Photos most often.

And we are seeing a change as you have noted here. It used to be that a recovered stolen vehicle would almost always be given a 'salvage' title. Now, more and more often they are run through with an unbranded title. Still, there can be surprises in that situation as all vehicles are sold; as is-where is. No warranty of any kind. And there is no test drive or anything of the sort. In fact, more and more locations won't even allow you to start the unit. Copart and their counter parts have a near monopoly on the industry and are moving to only buying on line with no personal contact with the vehicle until the transport unloads it at your place.

One more thing, they handle ALL vehicles with fork trucks. Multiple times. And the turn over of those drivers at these yards is huge. Most of the vehicles we buy have fork truck damage. Most is minor. But sometimes, it is not minor. Last week, we looked at a car that the fork truck had knocked a hole in the transaxle. That shows the value of being able to inspect a vehicle BEFORE bidding on it. Lots and lots of things don't show up in their photos.

I have been seeing that in reviews and noticing odd lower body damage that didn't make sense till you said something about fork lifts. lol.
I don't think I would have time to view any of the cars in person so maybe this isn't the best choice regardless of how "cheap" they are.