06/28/23 07:14 PM
06/28/23 07:14 PM
State of Confusion
hp383 Offline OP
Just a normal tag again
hp383  Offline OP
Just a normal tag again

State of Confusion
I am going to be having the ride height adjusted on my 77 Gran Fury, bringing it up a few inches all around so it's easier for me to access.

Years ago I would adjust my torsion bars on various cars and used to remember that X number of turns was approximately 1 inch. To keep from having to raise and lower and crawl under for each revolution of the adjuster bolt.

Do any of you guys happen to remember what was close to an inch in adjustment? I am trying to bring as much information to the shop as I can, I have a good mechanic, but his experience in torsion bars are on new trucks.

Thanks for any help. I am getting the front end rebushed, and aligned, next week.

Join the Penguin Liberation Front!!
Stop the Hippo Occupation!
Re: Torsion Bar Adjustments [Re: hp383] #3155199
06/29/23 11:06 AM
06/29/23 11:06 AM
Looking for a way out of Middl...
IMGTX Offline
I Live Here
IMGTX  Offline
I Live Here

Looking for a way out of Middl...
If you have time, I used to sit in my car while the alignment guy adjusted the height and alignment.

That was along time ago and people didn't sue shops for breathing on there cars so it may not be an option now.

If he isn't used to old school T-Bars, make sure he knows to loosen the LCA pivot Stud before he adjusts the height and tightens it afterwards. You don't want to leave the bushing in a bind at ride height.

Re: Torsion Bar Adjustments [Re: IMGTX] #3155293
06/29/23 03:14 PM
06/29/23 03:14 PM
State of Confusion
hp383 Offline OP
Just a normal tag again
hp383  Offline OP
Just a normal tag again

State of Confusion
Originally Posted by IMGTX
If you have time, I used to sit in my car while the alignment guy adjusted the height and alignment.

That was along time ago and people didn't sue shops for breathing on there cars so it may not be an option now.

If he isn't used to old school T-Bars, make sure he knows to loosen the LCA pivot Stud before he adjusts the height and tightens it afterwards. You don't want to leave the bushing in a bind at ride height.

I actually will be sitting in the car. I am disabled from a wreck years ago, and rather than bring my wheelchair along this shop is one that I have a good rapport with and they are fine with me hanging out in the car for most repairs and service.

I agree, that having the driver in the vehicle makes a difference in setting the heights and alignment. Did it for me other vehicle and it was incredible how much difference it made, alignment was right on first time out, no fine tuning needed.

Join the Penguin Liberation Front!!
Stop the Hippo Occupation!
Re: Torsion Bar Adjustments [Re: hp383] #3155302
06/29/23 03:55 PM
06/29/23 03:55 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
up i agree weight needs to be in the driver's seat, or the approximate weight in dumbbell weights on the driver's floor.
beer