04/23/23 12:40 AM
04/23/23 12:40 AM
NW Arkansas
challengersteve Offline OP
top fuel
challengersteve  Offline OP
top fuel

NW Arkansas
Hello Jim, I think I recognize some of those parts.

Last edited by challengersteve; 04/23/23 12:44 AM.
Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: challengersteve] #3140097
04/23/23 01:13 AM
04/23/23 01:13 AM
Western Colorado High Desert
moparmarks Offline
I Live Here
moparmarks  Offline
I Live Here

Hey Jim I need that 3rd axle on the left. grin

72 Satellite Sebring Plus 440, 72 Dart 5.9 4-spd, 68 Valiant, 73 W200, 78 D100 sb, 78 D200, 98 DAKOTA, .
Moparmarks Parts & Restorations
Desert Mopar Metal
Grand Jct. CO
970-261-7039
http://moparmark.com/
motormangj@gmail.com
Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: challengersteve] #3140099
04/23/23 03:26 AM
04/23/23 03:26 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by challengersteve
Yes I was a sponsor for many years and sold parts full time. I also had a small Mopar specific salvage business with a couple hundred cars. I was relying way too much on ebay and when things changed there about 10 years ago my sales died. I struggled along with sales dribbling in on ebay and finally had enough and crushed out the salvage, sold all buildable cars, sold hundreds of cores, sold multiple big parts lots and finally gave up trying to make a business out of this. I then went back full time restoring and painting cars, which I had done professionally since the early 80’s.
I now have a really nice professional restoration shop and have several hemi and six pack cars under construction as well as some other make cars. I have absolutely no interest in ever making the parts a business again, just wanted to sell some of these items as I am tired of seeing the just sit.

There's your solution there. You have no interest, so just easily scrap & pocket the $$. Put your time/effort into your Resto Shop. Then you'd have 1 less headache in life.

Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: 6PakBee] #3140101
04/23/23 05:59 AM
04/23/23 05:59 AM
Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
not_a_charger Online mad
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator
not_a_charger  Online Mad
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator

Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Originally Posted by challengersteve
I have a question about where is the best place to sell used Mopar parts now?

I did a search and couldn't find one 'for sale' ad from you dating back the two years that Moparts lets me search. So..... shruggy

For sale ads are removed from the archive fairly quickly.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP
Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: not_a_charger] #3140109
04/23/23 08:29 AM
04/23/23 08:29 AM
rust belt
M
Moparite Offline
super stock
Moparite  Offline
super stock
M

rust belt
Problem with selling parts on forums and places like CL is it is local buyers only. I have seen stuff i would buy but not sending $ to a total stranger and hope they do the right thing and ship me the what i bought. I used to like Offer up until you had to give them your drivers license info and pic so they can post it to verify who you are. I told them FU and closed my account. I stay away from FB like the plague. Haven't tried Mercari yet. All the issues with ebay i think is still the best place other than swap meets.

Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: Moparite] #3140112
04/23/23 08:44 AM
04/23/23 08:44 AM
Fitzgerald, GA
MeanStreak Offline
MeanStreak  Offline

Fitzgerald, GA
Only problem with ebay, as others have said, are the ridiculous fees. I just listed something on there yesterday to reach a bigger audience and their fees have gone up even more for sellers since as soon as 5 or 6 months ago. It was 12.9% they take out from the total of an item sold. Now it's gone up to 13.25% which is just outrageous. That's why you'll see parts on ebay for 2-300 more than what they normally go for and sometimes it's even worse than that. I've seen people listing a '68 Charger park lamp for almost $400 for one when I had to sit on a good pair for $125 for almost a month elsewhere. As for marketplace and CL, that's why I always ask if they use PayPal and if they look like a reputable person who's been on there for years with other listings that have either sold or are for sale I'll go ahead and take the friends and family risk. If not, it's worth only the 4% fee for goods and services that way if you never get your part you have recourse to get a refund.

Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: MeanStreak] #3140117
04/23/23 09:38 AM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
"There's your solution there. You have no interest, so just easily scrap & pocket the $$. Put your time/effort into your Resto Shop. Then you'd have 1 less headache in life."

"For sale ads are removed from the archive fairly quickly."

Learned something today. But in any event, I'd give it another go on Moparts and the For-X-Bodies Only with some fire sale pricing and see what happens. I'd bet most of it would sell. But then again, I don't know exactly what you have.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: MeanStreak] #3140118
NW Arkansas
challengersteve Offline OP
top fuel
challengersteve  Offline OP
top fuel

NW Arkansas
Dont forget ebay also charges you 13.9% of shipping as well as 13.9% of the sales tax they collect. I sold a fairly large expensive item a few months ago and the overall fees were close to 30%. Also, if you sell international and for some reason the customs delays the package and the customer does not pick it up on thime you will eat all the shipping and give the part away! Ebay will NOT refund your shipping cost. I am 100% done selling internationally after I had this happen to me.
Also, ebay throttles your listings so you can only sell a certain amount every month. It is absolutely not a place you can count on to have your items get seen. To get decent exposure you have to list pretty much every day and this turns it into a job except it is a job you never know when you can expect to get a payday from!
Bottom line is ebay is not the place to sell parts anymore

Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: challengersteve] #3140123
04/23/23 10:01 AM
04/23/23 10:01 AM
Pikes Peak Country
T
TC@HP2 Offline
master
TC@HP2  Offline
master
T

Pikes Peak Country
As a former online retailer, I understand the frustration of rising fees, deadbet bidders, and stupid shipping fees. These are the exact reasons I got out of the business.

As an enthusiast who occasionally needs parts, it breaks my heart to see huge stores of original parts get scrapped for $100 a ton.

Certainly some things will rarely or never sell...Hubcaps, leaf springs, t-bars, scratched glass, dry rot rubber parts, nuts and bolts, so there are some places you could start pitching things out.

Your stuff, so you can do with it what you want. I'd hope you give it away before you would throw it away. But it does have value and it does take time from you to dig through and pull out stuff for piece meal sales/donation. I hope you find someone willing to take the whole lot of it.

Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: TC@HP2] #3140126
04/23/23 10:19 AM
04/23/23 10:19 AM
moparmarks Offline
I Live Here
moparmarks  Offline
I Live Here

I too sell for a living and I gave up on EBay a few years ago. Just to much bs to go through along with their fees.
Steve I think you should try to sell it all as a package deal for a bit before scaping it. But it is your stuff and do what works for you. Not the end of the world if you scrap it. You might call Jeremy at DD auto 435-999-4423 They buy up lots like yours. They are the guys on U Tube that bought all the cars and stuff in NY and couple years ago. I'd be interested in all of if you were closer.

72 Satellite Sebring Plus 440, 72 Dart 5.9 4-spd, 68 Valiant, 73 W200, 78 D100 sb, 78 D200, 98 DAKOTA, .
Moparmarks Parts & Restorations
Desert Mopar Metal
Grand Jct. CO
970-261-7039
http://moparmark.com/
motormangj@gmail.com
Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: moparmarks] #3140135
04/23/23 11:06 AM
04/23/23 11:06 AM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
Steve and Rhinodart, it's such a shame the way things have become on Feebay because I can see you guys have a lot of stuff that I'm sure people need and you would gladly sell at a fair price! What was once an onliine garage sale, Feebay has become what I see as a poorly managed greedy company. The keyword spamming is out of control for example. And the fees just keep going up as the site gets worse.

I wish I knew of an answer for you both, but I sure hope you don't scrap the stuff.

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: larrymopar360] #3140143
04/23/23 11:26 AM
04/23/23 11:26 AM
GA
roadrunninMark Offline
master
roadrunninMark  Offline
master

GA
Sounds like it is time to start up a new online auction site with lower fees. Maybe a car part only auction site, none of the nonsense getting in the way. Could also get together with a shipping site, like Shippo or others, to get a good discount on shipping costs.

Last edited by roadrunninMark; 04/23/23 11:27 AM.
Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: roadrunninMark] #3140186
04/23/23 03:23 PM
04/23/23 03:23 PM
NJ
rdrnr6970 Offline
Your #1 source for current events
rdrnr6970  Offline
Your #1 source for current events

NJ
My wife and have been selling on ebay between classic mopar car parts,toys and clothes were able to move stuff.

OWNER OF EVERYTHING FROM 1956 300 B,IMPERIAL,NEW YORKER HEMIS,AND NEW HEMI TRUCKS.....5TH GENRAMS.COM... 1969/70 ROADRUNNERS ,DARTS/CORONETS, NORTHEAST HEMI OWNERS ASSOCIATION.....WWW.PHANTASMCUDAS.COM....MOPAR FAMILY FOR 50 YEARS AND STILL GOING!MOPAR OWNER COAST TO COAST!!!!
Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: MeanStreak] #3140213
04/23/23 07:03 PM
04/23/23 07:03 PM
Freeport IL USA
poorboy Offline
I Live Here
poorboy  Offline
I Live Here

Freeport IL USA
Selling parts has become a swamp. It used to be you could sell pretty much any good part you took the effort to remove from a car or truck and make a little money off of it. That just isn't the story anymore.

The difference between then and now it back then, people were actually driving and using the cars and trucks, many daily, or at least weekly. Things happened, and parts needed to be replaced. replacing the bent chrome trim piece with one that was straight was better then not having one, even if the chrome wasn't as nice.

These days, in case you haven't noticed, not many people drive these old cars any more. Almost none are daily drivers, and very few are even moved once in a month. Most have become a museum or a garage decoration. They are stored in some environmental controlled building until it rolls into an enclosed trailer, is transported to the show to be displayed, if the weather is nice. Then it gets loaded up to go back to its storage facility. Not much stuff needs to be replaced, and if it does, its not going to be a "daily driver quality" part, most owners threw that crap out years ago, when the car was restored..

So here we are, us old guys that remember the days we could make a few bucks selling good parts to the guys for their daily drivers. We have saved a bunch of that stuff because it was "too good to throw away". The good news is, we can still sell those parts to the guys that are still daily driving their cars. The bad news is, we have to find those few guys, and we have to happen to have the part they need at a price they can afford, and that affordable price also has to include the shipping costs. A deal on the part you need is pretty useless if it cost more to get the part to you then the part cost to buy. Like it or not, shipping is always part of the cost of buying that part, unless the part is near you and you can pick it up yourself. You have to pay for the part and the shipping before you have the part in hand and you can put the part on your car or truck. Without shipping, there is no part to put on your daily driver.

So the deal is, you can sit on those parts that were "too good to throw away" back then, until we find that one person that wants it. Or we can sell the entire mess to someone else that is willing to sit on those parts until the right guy comes along. Or you can scrap them. Complaining about no one wanting to buy "driver quality" parts when no one is driving this type of car anymore isn't going to help.

Someone had to say it.

Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: poorboy] #3140368
04/24/23 12:27 PM
04/24/23 12:27 PM
Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...
5thAve Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway
5thAve  Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway

Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...
Im always looking for M body stuff and specifically 77-80 truck parts (or whatever fits).

From a buyers point of view the way I see ebay is that it used to be great but then it got flooded with all the junk. You do a search for something and page after page of LED bulbs or chinese brake parts or whatever else is common. Then they messed up their search so you had to be more and more creative to not include that stuff.
In the mean time sellers were getting screwed with less sales and higher fees so they were raising their prices and shipping prices pretty much tripled or more in the last 20 years too,

Now when I can find parts either sellers want too much or by the time you add in shipping it's not worth it. And to make things worse we're not talking high dollar muscle cars here either so it makes it all the more harder to find parts or justify the cost.

Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: 5thAve] #3140437
04/24/23 05:23 PM
04/24/23 05:23 PM
Chicago, IL
P
PLUM_72 Offline
pro stock
PLUM_72  Offline
pro stock
P

Chicago, IL
There are a lot of old "parts" cars out there that people are trying to restore. I think there is still a huge need for parts. You see these beat up cars changing hands frequently, as they are at the affordable or lower end of the price range. If you want to sell parts, make it easy for the buyer. There are several reasons things don't sell. A big reason the marketplace has become too greedy with asking prices. So what do you do...I think there are three options:

1. Sit on the motherload of parts and try to get rich with a high asking price
2. Sell for reasonable, if not below market prices and move the stuff on to someone who needs it
3. Dumpster

The third option sucks, but I'm sure lots of stuff is gone because of that. If you want to sell, regardless of asking price, you have to let people know what you have. Make an inventoried list of items. Part, year, make, model, price, etc. Take a photo of the part. Whether you sell here on Moparts, swap meet, social media or another website, people want/need to know want you have. Few are fans of digging through the bin of stuff at the swap meet. Its a waste of time not knowing if that part your looking for is there. Same with the post where there is hundreds of items in a picture without any real way to identify the stuff. Some are experts and can pick those items out, other new people in the hobby have no idea. I don't think shipping cost is an excuse. It is a hassle for the seller. People will pay to get the stuff they want/need. They may not gamble on a purchase if they are not sure its going to fit. Make it easy for the buyer and you can sell stuff anywhere.

1972 Dodge Challenger
Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: PLUM_72] #3140449
04/24/23 06:32 PM
04/24/23 06:32 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
As a buyer mostly I feel stuck with Feebay and frequently find what I need there. I too look for M body stuff sometimes and the NOS stuff is usually ridiculously priced and it's the same few sellers. And so many sellers use Keyword Spamming now so it's so friggin annoying. They list every car ever manufactured under "Interchange Part Numbers", "Superseded Part Numbers" and "Manufacturer Part Numbers" so thousands of things pop up. Example; I was looking yesterday at NOS Mopar parts and among other crap a pocket cigarette lighter came up because they had listed "Dodge Charger" under "Manufacturer Part Number".

As an infrequent seller I feel stuck with Feebay too. Where else do you get this kind of marketing? But I hate it and wish we could put the pinch on them.

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: PLUM_72] #3140451
04/24/23 06:38 PM
04/24/23 06:38 PM
moparpollack Offline
Lil Herman
moparpollack  Offline
Lil Herman

Ebay is good January to April then the swap meets open and traffic slows down. I chuckle when people say eBay fees are high but have you seen the swap meet space prices lately along with travel cost and the time away from home?

This week is the Pate Swap Meet and I'll be there buying and selling. The sales I've made for Pate are pre-show orders a couple of parts to pay for the trip. So figure $350 for the trip how much is that in eBay fees? But for me it's a hobby and a way to buy parts for my cars.

Supposedly Instagram has a place to sell parts? Iron Trap Garage on Youtube sells there along with swap meets and eBay with success.

Best of luck with your sales.

56 Plaza 63 D100 step side 67 Coronet, 68 Roadrunner, 69 Super Bees, 69 Coronet 500 convertible, 70 Roadrunner Post, 79 D150 360, and a severe case of Mopar a,d,d
Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: 5thAve] #3140453
04/24/23 06:45 PM
04/24/23 06:45 PM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by 5thAve
Im always looking for M body stuff and specifically 77-80 truck parts (or whatever fits).

From a buyers point of view the way I see ebay is that it used to be great but then it got flooded with all the junk. You do a search for something and page after page of LED bulbs or chinese brake parts or whatever else is common. Then they messed up their search so you had to be more and more creative to not include that stuff.
In the mean time sellers were getting screwed with less sales and higher fees so they were raising their prices and shipping prices pretty much tripled or more in the last 20 years too,

Now when I can find parts either sellers want too much or by the time you add in shipping it's not worth it. And to make things worse we're not talking high dollar muscle cars here either so it makes it all the more harder to find parts or justify the cost.

US postal use to be the best for international shipping.
With the recent few raises, even small/light items are crazy high.
Only sellers who can ship cheap are the dang Chinese.
But they screwed the USPS with that deal they have now.
All the rest of us are "paying" for cheap Chinese shipping these days.

Re: Where to sell parts now? [Re: moparpollack] #3140456
04/24/23 06:56 PM
04/24/23 06:56 PM
Weatherford, Texas
RapidusMaximus Offline
top fuel
RapidusMaximus  Offline
top fuel

Weatherford, Texas
I don’t sell parts for a living by any means but sometimes I get tired of tripping over stuff I know I’m never going to use and I recently had a family member a pass away and he had a lot of stuff that his wife has ask me to sell for her, I’ve been trying to sell stuff on here and it’s been hit and miss, stuff that I thought would sell easily has not and other things seem to be getting no interest, I don’t have Facebook but my son does so I’m probably going to let him try marketplace. I have not yet been given a reason to not trust Moparts members so that’s why I usually try this place first.

1968 Plymouth GTX
1974 Dodge P/U Long Bed Stepside 318
2019 Ram 2500 6.4, auto, 4WD
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3