02/16/23 09:16 PM
Looking for a way out of Middl...
IMGTX Offline
I Live Here
IMGTX  Offline
I Live Here

Looking for a way out of Middl...
Before long we will have this....

Sounds like they offer a fair deal. Get me a Gentalman Jack on the rocks.

history-5.png
Re: man reacts to new alcohol guidelines health Canada [Re: Sniper] #3122202
02/16/23 11:13 PM
02/16/23 11:13 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by poorboy
I don't drink beer, but he does have a point, what business is it of any government how much of anything the guy drinks at home? Concern about health is Bull Dung.

Canada has "free" health care so they feel like they can stick their noses into your habits, deem them unhealthy and force you to change or deny your health care.

Nobody in any free world country works for free, Canada health care is paid for by the tax paying citizens including the government employees running (ruining work whistling) that system work

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: man reacts to new alcohol guidelines health Canada [Re: Sniper] #3122284
02/17/23 11:28 AM
02/17/23 11:28 AM
San Jose,CA
migsBIG Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source
migsBIG  Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source

San Jose,CA
I don't drink beer anymore (I might drink alcohol maybe twice a year) but if I were to go to Canada on vacation and was told I can't eat or drink whatever I want, then maybe staying in the USA is a better choice for a vacation.

Re: man reacts to new alcohol guidelines health Canada [Re: migsBIG] #3122302
02/17/23 12:19 PM
02/17/23 12:19 PM
o
C
ChryCoGuy Offline
master
ChryCoGuy  Offline
master
C

o
Originally Posted by migsBIG
I don't drink beer anymore (I might drink alcohol maybe twice a year) but if I were to go to Canada on vacation and was told I can't eat or drink whatever I want, then maybe staying in the USA is a better choice for a vacation.

But nobody here is telling you what you can, or can't, eat or drink in Canada. I'm not sure where people get the idea that you are being prohibited from eating or drinking whatever you want. It's a mystery to me.

BTW, do people here remember that the US tried prohibition in the 1920s and 30s? So, likewise, if the US brings back prohibition, I wouldn't want to travel there, as I like to have a beer or a glass of wine every now and then, like I can in my own country.

Nobody should be able to tell anybody what they can eat or drink. However, if eating or drinking something might cause cancer, I'd like to know so that I can make an informed decision about it...

Re: man reacts to new alcohol guidelines health Canada [Re: Sniper] #3122312
02/17/23 12:42 PM
02/17/23 12:42 PM
o
C
ChryCoGuy Offline
master
ChryCoGuy  Offline
master
C

o
I can already tell you that the military will deny all benefits is you are hurt drunk driving. If you get hurt you get no health benefits/coverage. If you die you survivors get squat. So it is already happening.

So, from what you say they are doing it in the USA, but I'm saying that's not the case in Canada. In Canada that person who is drinking and driving would still get healthcare (and be fully prosecuted under the law, plus will probably at least lose their job). There is a clear delineation between the clauses included in contracts from privately run insurance companies (the US situation) and government provided health care (the Canadian situation). In Canada, there is the Canada Health Act: "The Act sets out the primary objective of Canadian health care policy, which is "to protect, promote and restore the physical and mental well-being of residents of Canada and to facilitate reasonable access to health services without financial or other barriers."". I don't know if the US has similar legislation, though, as I think that even poor people can get basic health care in the US - I really don't know how it works there.

As I've stated in posts above, Canada's system is not perfect - in fact IMHO it's in bad shape now - but that doesn't change the facts of what it is intended to do... and how different it is from privately funded (through purchased health insurance), or 'pay as you go' healthcare that the US has, for better or worse.

I'm not debating or competing here. I'm just trying to present the facts of how it really works in Canada, yet some don't seem to want to believe it. I don't blame people for having an Orwellian outlook on how things can deteriorate if left unchecked, but you have to weigh your sources and try to keep a grasp on how things really are. I've watched some of these youtube wonders who spout their conspiracy theories, and often you can shoot holes in whatever they are saying within the first 10 seconds. So even though somebody is saying something that aligns with what you want to hear, it doesn't mean that it's true.

Re: man reacts to new alcohol guidelines health Canada [Re: IMGTX] #3122313
02/17/23 12:44 PM
02/17/23 12:44 PM
o
C
ChryCoGuy Offline
master
ChryCoGuy  Offline
master
C

o
Originally Posted by IMGTX
Before long we will have this....

Sounds like they offer a fair deal. Get me a Gentalman Jack on the rocks.

That would motivate me to increase my alcohol consumption... drinking

Re: man reacts to new alcohol guidelines health Canada [Re: oldjonny] #3122328
02/17/23 01:26 PM
02/17/23 01:26 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Originally Posted by oldjonny

There are a few on this site that the majority of us here would be willing to make a swap for if you can get Canada to take them.

I think canada would be happy to get them as the have the right mindset ... head up their az ...

running up my post count some more .
Re: man reacts to new alcohol guidelines health Canada [Re: JohnRR] #3122379
02/17/23 04:54 PM
02/17/23 04:54 PM
o
C
ChryCoGuy Offline
master
ChryCoGuy  Offline
master
C

o
Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by oldjonny

There are a few on this site that the majority of us here would be willing to make a swap for if you can get Canada to take them.

I think canada would be happy to get them as the have the right mindset ... head up their az ...

Nice! rolleyes

I'm out of this conversation. Have fun with it.

Re: man reacts to new alcohol guidelines health Canada [Re: ChryCoGuy] #3122422
02/17/23 07:33 PM
02/17/23 07:33 PM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy
I can already tell you that the military will deny all benefits is you are hurt drunk driving. If you get hurt you get no health benefits/coverage. If you die you survivors get squat. So it is already happening.

So, from what you say they are doing it in the USA, but I'm saying that's not the case in Canada.

I don't think you understand what I am saying. Stupid ideas breed like rabbits. In 10 years some genius politician in Canada will think it's a good idea and before long you'll have it too. It is a warning of what is to come, not what is now.

Re: man reacts to new alcohol guidelines health Canada [Re: larrymopar360] #3122427
02/17/23 07:49 PM
02/17/23 07:49 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline
master

Highland, MI.
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by poorboy
I don't drink beer, but he does have a point, what business is it of any government how much of anything the guy drinks at home? Concern about health is Bull Dung.
Yep. He really does have a point although it was kind of unpleasant to get it lol. He makes a couple good points. None of their business although as you wrote poorboy they can say it is now with "free" (free my azz) healthcare they can stick their nose in, and his point about soda being just as bad is a good one. Where do they stop? Limits on bacon, burgers, fries.....

YEP - it's coming! ANYTHING you can imagine, .gov has already thought of it!

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified
Re: man reacts to new alcohol guidelines health Canada [Re: Sunroofcuda] #3122432
02/17/23 08:13 PM
02/17/23 08:13 PM
Nor here, Nor there
D
Dart 500 Offline OP
super stock
Dart 500  Offline OP
super stock
D

Nor here, Nor there
Didnt new york already do a soda tax a few years ago? Probably why he brought up the 2 liters of pop. What it worse for you, 2L of pop or 3 beers?

[Linked Image]

There was a study from years ago that said A LOT of beer helped fend off cancer but since the amount needed was so much they coudn't push it, was like 12 a day or more.

Last edited by Dart 500; 02/17/23 08:18 PM.
Re: man reacts to new alcohol guidelines health Canada [Re: Sniper] #3122527
02/18/23 01:34 PM
02/18/23 01:34 PM
o
C
ChryCoGuy Offline
master
ChryCoGuy  Offline
master
C

o
Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy

So, from what you say they are doing it in the USA, but I'm saying that's not the case in Canada.

I don't think you understand what I am saying. Stupid ideas breed like rabbits. In 10 years some genius politician in Canada will think it's a good idea and before long you'll have it too. It is a warning of what is to come, not what is now.

I completely understand what you are saying, and agree to a certain extent (except I think that I tend to have a more optimistic viewpoint of humankind). All I was saying is that there are key difference in profit-driven healthcare (especially in the insurance aspect) and publicly funded healthcare. There are pluses and minuses to each, and we all have our reasons for preferring one over the other.

Regardless, even if I were to be incredibly cynical, I stand by my opinion that banning alcohol consumption that exceeds 2 drinks per week (or some other random medical recommendation) is never gonna happen here. As long as we retain our democracy, then the offenders will be voted out faster than a top fuel car covers the 1320...

Re: man reacts to new alcohol guidelines health Canada [Re: ChryCoGuy] #3122562
02/18/23 03:45 PM
02/18/23 03:45 PM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline
Striving for excellence
Kern Dog  Offline
Striving for excellence

Granite Bay CA
THis is NOT a "Democracy" you people.....

Page 2 of 2 1 2