S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Originally Posted by poorboy
. For the record, I've been places with poor, or no phone reception, but didn't get a flat tire there.

I have been there. Fortunately, I had a spare tire.

Around here, most people move over a lane when you are on the side of the road.

Re: What size spare do you carry [Re: 64 Sportfury] #3105650
12/26/22 11:31 AM
12/26/22 11:31 AM
Chicago
PurpleBeeper Offline
super stock
PurpleBeeper  Offline
super stock

Chicago
Originally Posted by 64 Sportfury
64 Sport Fury with rear 275/60 15 (28" dia.) Picked up a new rim and tire from Discount Tire. 15" steel rim w/ 235/70 15 tire (28"). I tested on the front as well with good clearance. My guess is the rim is a trailer piece.

My exact approach. I carry a 235/70 15" (28" dia.) spare which is super close in height to my 275/60 (28" dia) rear tires and an exact match for my front tires.

70 Roadrunner convt. street car 440+6, NOS, 4-spd, SS springs '96 Mustang GT convt. street car '04 4.6 SOHC, NOS, auto, lowered "Officer, that button is for short on-ramps"
Re: What size spare do you carry [Re: Sniper] #3105814
12/26/22 10:25 PM
12/26/22 10:25 PM
Freeport IL USA
poorboy Offline
I Live Here
poorboy  Offline
I Live Here

Freeport IL USA
Originally Posted by Sniper
. For the record, I've been places with poor, or no phone reception, but didn't get a flat tire there.

Around here they don't even move over, or slow down for flashing lights on a cop car or a tow truck. A car on the side of the road with 4 way flashers on means they honk at you as they fly by 15 mph over the speed limit.

We have had several State troopers killed when some morons plowed into the squad cars with flashing lights turned on. The squad cars were off the road surface, and almost off the shoulder, but the fools still crashed into them.
We have a 4 lane bypass for our town. A state trooper was off the shoulder of the road fully lit up, parked behind a semi that broke down. Both were at least 4' off the highway surface with two lanes going in the same direction. They were standing farther off the road the the squad car towards he ditch along the side of the semi.. Some fool driving a semi, crashed into the squad car, then smashed into the semi and split open the semi's fuel tank. The insuring instant fire killed the trooper, and badly burned the truck driver. The guy that crashed into them was uninjured. No other cars around, 2 full 10" wide lanes, + 4 additional feet of shoulder and the guy still hit stuff. The estimated speed of impact was 70 mph, in a 65 speed zone. How does a guy manage to get 4' off the road at the only place there happens to be a lit up squad car and a disabled semi along the side of the road in a 4 mile stretch?

If you want to change a tire on the side of the road around here, more power to you.

Re: What size spare do you carry [Re: poorboy] #3105820
12/26/22 10:34 PM
12/26/22 10:34 PM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere

Around here they don't even move over, or slow down for flashing lights on a cop car or a tow truck. A car on the side of the road with 4 way flashers on means they honk at you as they fly by 15 mph over the speed limit.

We have had several State troopers killed when some morons plowed into the squad cars with flashing lights turned on. The squad cars were off the road surface, and almost off the shoulder, but the fools still crashed into them.
We have a 4 lane bypass for our town. A state trooper was off the shoulder of the road fully lit up, parked behind a semi that broke down. Both were at least 4' off the highway surface with two lanes going in the same direction. They were standing farther off the road the the squad car towards he ditch along the side of the semi.. Some fool driving a semi, crashed into the squad car, then smashed into the semi and split open the semi's fuel tank. The insuring instant fire killed the trooper, and badly burned the truck driver. The guy that crashed into them was uninjured. No other cars around, 2 full 10" wide lanes, + 4 additional feet of shoulder and the guy still hit stuff. The estimated speed of impact was 70 mph, in a 65 speed zone. How does a guy manage to get 4' off the road at the only place there happens to be a lit up squad car and a disabled semi along the side of the road in a 4 mile stretch?

If you want to change a tire on the side of the road around here, more power to you.

Thankfully, I don't live around there.

Re: What size spare do you carry [Re: poorboy] #3105892
12/27/22 12:00 PM
12/27/22 12:00 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder

this has happened around here several times as well.
it seems you will always be surrounded by a$$holes that are impaired by [insert whatever suits best here] or too focused on the infotainment system or their phone [including the hands free versions] to be qualified to be driving safely.
i guess you need to be paying attention like you would be in a 500 car figure 8 race anymore............
beer

Page 2 of 2 1 2