10/11/21 12:51 AM
san diego
JonsGottaDusta Offline OP
master
JonsGottaDusta  Offline OP
master

san diego
Hi Moparts,

I'm doing some improvements to the garage and need some advice or direction on some easy to use push to connect air hose fittings? My grandfather has some mobility issues (neuropathy, arthritis) in his hands but i want pneumatic tools to still be accessible for him, if possible. I purchased some decent stainless ones from the Pomona swap meet a few years ago that would accept multiple fitting styles, but am hoping for some online recommendations.Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
jon

Re: Pneumatic Fittings Input? [Re: JonsGottaDusta] #2973137
10/11/21 08:11 PM
10/11/21 08:11 PM
Central Pa
M
moparjim79 Offline
pro stock
moparjim79  Offline
pro stock
M

Central Pa
You're probably not going to want to hear this, but I've never used air tools without having to apply strong enough pressure to the tool and to the air line to overcome the line psi. This newer generation of battery powered tools are incredible-lightweight, powerful, and affordable. No air hose to trip over and fumble with. Sorry to hear about your grandpas condition.

Re: Pneumatic Fittings Input? [Re: moparjim79] #2973151
10/11/21 08:48 PM
10/11/21 08:48 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by moparjim79
You're probably not going to want to hear this, but I've never used air tools without having to apply strong enough pressure to the tool and to the air line to overcome the line psi. This newer generation of battery powered tools are incredible-lightweight, powerful, and affordable. No air hose to trip over and fumble with. Sorry to hear about your grandpas condition.

Sorry abou his ailments as well frown. I would Agree and suggest one of the name brand battery tools like Milwaukee, etc. they have SO MANY options on tools that all use the same batteries. get the higher voltage versions if possible.
Buy a minimum of 2 batteries so one can be charging while the other is in use. Sometimes it cheaper to buy in kit form if you can get what he needs. he may wonder why he's keeping the pnuematics LOL , although they are typically more powerful when you start needing a lot of torque.|
To be honest I can't remember the last time I plugged a drill motor in but I still have them wink
twocents beer

Re: Pneumatic Fittings Input? [Re: TJP] #2973201
10/11/21 10:52 PM
10/11/21 10:52 PM
Freeport IL USA
poorboy Offline
I Live Here
poorboy  Offline
I Live Here

Freeport IL USA
And China loves you for buying all those battery powered devices. They are the source for 90% of the lithium batteries.

If you want to keep the pneumatic air tools, I might suggest a shut off valve at the hose fitting may work out OK. When the air is shut off and the pressure is bled off, the pneumatic connectors work really easy. A 90 degree shutoff valve is pretty simple, turn the handle 90 degrees and the air is either on or its off. If he shuts the valve off before he disconnects the old tool, he can blead off the air by pulling the trigger. If he has the valve shut off before he turns n the compressor, there won't be any pressure until he opens the valve. It could get cumbersome, but the 90 degree valve could be put on the end of the air hose instead of before it.

Re: Pneumatic Fittings Input? [Re: poorboy] #2973284
10/12/21 06:54 AM
10/12/21 06:54 AM
Central Pa
M
moparjim79 Offline
pro stock
moparjim79  Offline
pro stock
M

Central Pa
Originally Posted by poorboy
And China loves you for buying all those battery powered devices. They are the source for 90% of the lithium batteries.

If you want to keep the pneumatic air tools, I might suggest a shut off valve at the hose fitting may work out OK. When the air is shut off and the pressure is bled off, the pneumatic connectors work really easy. A 90 degree shutoff valve is pretty simple, turn the handle 90 degrees and the air is either on or its off. If he shuts the valve off before he disconnects the old tool, he can blead off the air by pulling the trigger. If he has the valve shut off before he turns n the compressor, there won't be any pressure until he opens the valve. It could get cumbersome, but the 90 degree valve could be put on the end of the air hose instead of before it.

I was actually going to suggest this until I remembered a very long time ago, a friends grandfather came out into the garage to show us young guys how it was done. I hated seeing all the near falls from him tripping over the air line or getting slapped in the face by the one hanging.

As far as China "loving us", dude, if you think that the majority of what you touch everyday isn't from/farmed/sourced/assembled/blessed in China, your dillusional. Thats just like the people that buy electric cars and think they are doing their part, then turn around and EVERYTHING else they touch has been touched by petroleum products.

O.P. , best of luck

Re: Pneumatic Fittings Input? [Re: JonsGottaDusta] #2973458
10/12/21 01:41 PM
10/12/21 01:41 PM
Rio Linda, CA
John_Kunkel Offline
Too Many Posts
John_Kunkel  Offline
Too Many Posts

Rio Linda, CA
I've heard that Prevost couplers are easier to use than most.

https://www.prevostusa.com/male-coupler-1844.html

The INTERNET, the MISinformation superhighway
Re: Pneumatic Fittings Input? [Re: poorboy] #2973718
10/12/21 09:41 PM
10/12/21 09:41 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by poorboy

I have only bought The Crafstman 19.2 V tools and a few Milwaukee M12's. The Milwaukee m12 was purchased for caulking a 700 ft long driveway. I have since bought a small 3" detail polisher that comes in handy every so often.
I do like your idea of a 90 degree shutoff valve. Simple cheap and solves the problem.
beer