Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Looks like Ford will soon offer a small pickup [Re: GoodysGotaCuda] #2932000
06/10/21 02:32 PM
06/10/21 02:32 PM
Calgary, Alberta Canada
a12rag Offline
master
a12rag  Offline
master

Calgary, Alberta Canada
Ford is totally reinventing their vehicle line up . . . .once again, FCA has rested on its laurels feeding off what they have offered for last 10-15 years. No real innovative vehicles coming from them, that look towards the future - smaller, more efficient, (err, electric ???) ... Chrysler only has 300 and Pacifica . . . Dodge only has minivan (as low cost offering), along with Charger, and Challenger . . . Ram & Jeep are being raped for their profits - but what is coming from them ?? . . . . sorry, we are the old dinosaurs and if the company wants to be around, they really gotta get their European management to allow designed in and for north american vehicles . . . rebadged european machines just have never really flied over here . . . . and the vehicles have to be targeted to those 30-45 yr olds . . . I am thinking more of retirement than vehicles . . . sure I could live in my car, but I really don't want to do that in retirement . . .

A mid size truck - Jeep Gladiator . . . not a low cost proposition . . . . GM & Toyota still eating their lunch . . . and now a "mini" option from Ford . . . well, just think that FCA is not looking forward . . .

Just my 2cents (now only worth 1??) . . .

Cheers

M

Re: Looks like Ford will soon offer a small pickup [Re: a12rag] #2932034
06/10/21 04:10 PM
06/10/21 04:10 PM
Home
S
SRT6776 Offline
I hate internal combustion engines!
SRT6776  Offline
S

Home
Originally Posted by a12rag
Ford is totally reinventing their vehicle line up . . . .once again, FCA has rested on its laurels feeding off what they have offered for last 10-15 years. No real innovative vehicles coming from them, that look towards the future - smaller, more efficient, (err, electric ???) ... Chrysler only has 300 and Pacifica . . . Dodge only has minivan (as low cost offering), along with Charger, and Challenger . . . Ram & Jeep are being raped for their profits - but what is coming from them ?? . . . . sorry, we are the old dinosaurs and if the company wants to be around, they really gotta get their European management to allow designed in and for north american vehicles . . . rebadged european machines just have never really flied over here . . . . and the vehicles have to be targeted to those 30-45 yr olds . . . I am thinking more of retirement than vehicles . . . sure I could live in my car, but I really don't want to do that in retirement . . .

A mid size truck - Jeep Gladiator . . . not a low cost proposition . . . . GM & Toyota still eating their lunch . . . and now a "mini" option from Ford . . . well, just think that FCA is not looking forward . . .

Just my 2cents (now only worth 1??) . . .

Cheers

M

FCA had to get debt free in order to find a merge partner so spending was slowed to a snails pace, money only went into the sure winners (Jeep, Dodge trucks). Now that they pulled off the scheme money is being spent again, supposedly there is a new Dodge on the way based on this

[Linked Image]

New charger and challenger are being figured out as I type with many hints of being electric and "re-inventing the muscle car"

[Linked Image]

Re: Looks like Ford will soon offer a small pickup [Re: SRT6776] #2932238
06/11/21 10:49 AM
06/11/21 10:49 AM
Calgary, Alberta Canada
a12rag Offline
master
a12rag  Offline
master

Calgary, Alberta Canada
A rebadged Alfa . . . again, the Chrysler 200 & Dodge Dart . . . not big sellers . . . as for the redesign on Charger/Challenger . . . perhaps, but seems a bit late ???

Re: Looks like Ford will soon offer a small pickup [Re: a12rag] #2932271
06/11/21 12:56 PM
06/11/21 12:56 PM
Home
S
SRT6776 Offline
SRT6776  Offline
S

Home
Originally Posted by a12rag
A rebadged Alfa . . . again, the Chrysler 200 & Dodge Dart . . . not big sellers . . . as for the redesign on Charger/Challenger . . . perhaps, but seems a bit late ???

I dont think it'll be a badge job, it'll have its own body and interior with a dodge engine. As for the charger/challenger being late, even later! 2025 they're saying hammer

Re: Looks like Ford will soon offer a small pickup [Re: SRT6776] #2932292
06/11/21 03:08 PM
06/11/21 03:08 PM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
I am all for building stuff to make the masses happy, making piles o money and staying in buisness even if it's stuff I would never personally own, if they need a stupid unibody FWD truck to sell a crap load they should build one. I still think a small work oriented truck (like the 95ish toyota pickup) would also sell a crap load and they would be the only one making them! I also can't fathom how chrysler has sat around and watch the staggering numbers of suburban, yukon, expedetion sales for over 30 years and NEVER made a single competitor for them... absolutly mind blowing the money they have watched flow to their competitors and ever never tried to get in on that one. Don't tell me a Durango is in that market, too small to compete with those rigs and now it's unibody also, build a 4 door ramcharger now! Watching most of what Chrysler has done in the last 20 years looks like a dog with worms draggin his butt on the carpet, Daokta got super ugly and rode the 4.7/3.7 engines into utter darkness then claim nobody wants small trucks, the butt ugly magnum (at least it was RWD and had Hemis), re-badged fiats, VM motori diesels when they could have had cummins...

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3