03/04/21 11:51 AM
03/04/21 11:51 AM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline OP
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline OP
master

Highland, MI.
I just got a call from a customer in FLA. who I shipped sidepipe mufflers & stainless turndowns to back in early January - two separate boxes. He said he never received the turndowns - he thought they were packed in with the long mufflers. I tracked the box with the turndowns through FedEx & they were supposedly delivered the same day as the mufflers. He said he didn't get the box! So what to do other than contact my FedEx rep. What is she going to say? "Well - the box was delivered." Now it's his word vs. FedEx's.

Anybody been through one like this before? I never have.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified
Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2895589
03/04/21 11:59 AM
03/04/21 11:59 AM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
If there were two packages you should have two tracking numbers. What is the tracking history on each? If the tracking history says that they were delivered, you probably don't have a case. With all of the 'porch theft' that now occurs, if I am shipping something of value I always require a delivery signature from someone other than the driver. BTW, have I told you how much I hate FedEx?

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2895611
03/04/21 12:36 PM
03/04/21 12:36 PM
Looking for a way out of Middl...
IMGTX Offline
I Live Here
IMGTX  Offline
I Live Here

Looking for a way out of Middl...
I have had a big problem with FedEx drivers saying they delivered a package just to get it off their books and delivering it a day or two later. Once it was his wife dropping it off on Sunday afternoon.

I would contact FedEx and explain the problem. If they won't help it becomes a matter of do you bite the cost of replacement to keep your company name clean or do you tell him you can't help him because FedEx says it was delivered.

Me I would asses if I would loose money by sending him new ones. If I would still make a profit I would consider sending him some. If I would loose money then I would reduce the price on the replacements to cover the cost and tell him you are reducing the cost to a point where you will break even.

In the end if he paid with a credit card he can dispute the charge and while doubtful (because you have proof it was delivered) you could loose the whole sale price.

Edit: OKAY I just realized it was 2 months ago. Still gonna stick to my story but I really doubt that he could get money back from a credit card company at this point.

On a side note. I like your product do you sell a kit to put the old school style side pipes on old cars like the thrush side pipes?

Like these?

side pipes.jpg
Last edited by IMGTX; 03/04/21 12:58 PM.
Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: 6PakBee] #2895620
03/04/21 01:11 PM
03/04/21 01:11 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville

I had six rims sent to me via fed ex, they had one master track number showing box 1 and box2 and box 3 but all the same track #.

If its been more then 30 days im not sure what id do, ANYONE with any common sense opens and expects the day a package arrives.

No the bad part is CC and ones like pay pay give refunds for a much longer time for any reason.

Originally Posted by 6PakBee
If there were two packages you should have two tracking numbers. What is the tracking history on each? If the tracking history says that they were delivered, you probably don't have a case. With all of the 'porch theft' that now occurs, if I am shipping something of value I always require a delivery signature from someone other than the driver. BTW, have I told you how much I hate FedEx?

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2895670
03/04/21 02:39 PM
03/04/21 02:39 PM
A collage of whims
topside Offline
Too Many Posts
topside  Offline
Too Many Posts

A collage of whims
Couple years ago 2 wheels I bought from Coker disappeared somewhere at one of the FedEx shipping hubs.
Coker sent me another pair, and said "it happens from time to time".
Of course, they're probably doing a million bucks a month, so they're in better shape to absorb some thievery than a small business is.
Hope you're not on the hook & FedEx can somehow make it right, but hope isn't much of a commodity...

Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2895672
03/04/21 02:47 PM
03/04/21 02:47 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Online content
I Win
AndyF  Online Content
I Win
A

Oregon
Yeah there isn't anything that can be done if FedEx shows the boxes delivered and the customer says they were not delivered. Someone isn't telling the truth and it is impossible to figure out who it is. I've run into a few times over the years. On average the customers are more likely to try and steal stuff than the freight company delivery guy, but there are cases where it is the other way around.

I've even had Moparts members tell me they didn't get stuff that I shipped although the carrier showed it delivered. One time the item went to the wrong house and the guy found it. Another time the guy stopped complaining when I showed him the delivery confirmation. One time I replaced the parts since I trusted the guy. Stuff happens and it is impossible to know what happened without a 24 hour video feed of their front door.

Last edited by AndyF; 03/04/21 02:50 PM.
Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: AndyF] #2895697
03/04/21 03:44 PM
03/04/21 03:44 PM
md
M
mopars4ever Offline
I Live Here
mopars4ever  Offline
I Live Here
M

md
Not Fedex but USPS delivered a package to the wrong home nearby. I contacted the post office and told them that I show delivery of the package online but I didn`t receive it. The carrier checked his scanner and went back and retrieved my package. He found out with GPS where it was dropped off.

Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: mopars4ever] #2895702
03/04/21 03:54 PM
03/04/21 03:54 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
The last couple orders from summit and jeg were drop shipped and both said on the invoice.... NO INSURANCE So they seem to think its cheaper to self insure.

Last month Amazon dropped three boxes off on my porch addressed to my neighbor that I took to his back porch.

Many sellers now request the buyer opens asap to address any issues. Heck I got a sketchy package at the post office last week. I opened it there in front of the lady before id even sign for it.

Hope it gets sorted out for you.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2895758
03/04/21 06:01 PM
03/04/21 06:01 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline OP
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline OP
master

Highland, MI.
Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
The last couple orders from summit and jeg were drop shipped and both said on the invoice.... NO INSURANCE So they seem to think its cheaper to self insure.

Last month Amazon dropped three boxes off on my porch addressed to my neighbor that I took to his back porch.

Many sellers now request the buyer opens asap to address any issues. Heck I got a sketchy package at the post office last week. I opened it there in front of the lady before id even sign for it.

Hope it gets sorted out for you.

I stopped putting a stated value on all my FedEx shipments about 3 years ago, so basically anything is "insured" for $100.00, but that's it. The reason is, if you ship something FedEx & the value is over $100.00, & something gets damaged, they will simply say that the item got damaged because of "improper packaging" & tell you to pound sand - THEY DON'T CARE. Your rep will not be able to do anything for you either. Oh - putting an insured amount costs you $3.00 for every shipment as well, so FedEx gladly gobbles that $$ up. And I'm thinking in the case of an undelivered item like these exhaust tips, FedEx is going to look at the tracking & say it was delivered, even if the driver never delivered it. It's a pretty shady system they have at best.

Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: IMGTX] #2895763
03/04/21 06:07 PM
03/04/21 06:07 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline OP
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline OP
master

Highland, MI.
Originally Posted by IMGTX
I have had a big problem with FedEx drivers saying they delivered a package just to get it off their books and delivering it a day or two later. Once it was his wife dropping it off on Sunday afternoon.

I would contact FedEx and explain the problem. If they won't help it becomes a matter of do you bite the cost of replacement to keep your company name clean or do you tell him you can't help him because FedEx says it was delivered.

Me I would asses if I would loose money by sending him new ones. If I would still make a profit I would consider sending him some. If I would loose money then I would reduce the price on the replacements to cover the cost and tell him you are reducing the cost to a point where you will break even.

In the end if he paid with a credit card he can dispute the charge and while doubtful (because you have proof it was delivered) you could loose the whole sale price.

Edit: OKAY I just realized it was 2 months ago. Still gonna stick to my story but I really doubt that he could get money back from a credit card company at this point.

On a side note. I like your product do you sell a kit to put the old school style side pipes on old cars like the thrush side pipes?

Like these?

IMGTX - I make muffler inserts to go inside 4" sidepipes themselves, but I do not have anything like the old Thrush Sideliners - they were cool! Basically, there are sidepipe kits like Dougs, Dynomax, Hooker, & OBX. None of the current ones have the cool cast covers or tips like the old Thrush kits had. Those are long gone since Tenneco bought out Thrush back in 1984 - they really whittled-down the Thrush line a long time ago.

Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: 6PakBee] #2895782
03/04/21 06:56 PM
03/04/21 06:56 PM
South San Francisco, Ca
70sixpkrt Offline
master
70sixpkrt  Offline
master

South San Francisco, Ca
Originally Posted by 6PakBee

2 different boxes have 2 different tracking Numbers.

[img]http://www.imgur.com/hxlGUJt.gif[/img]
4-speed
3:54 Dana
13.01 @107.93 with street tires (not hooking up)
Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2895848
03/04/21 09:53 PM
03/04/21 09:53 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
I'd say He's SOL. One should always open and inspect. How did he know you didn't ship him a box of rocks??? Sorry but IMO it's between him and Fed Ex twocents

Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: TJP] #2895855
03/04/21 10:16 PM
03/04/21 10:16 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline OP
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline OP
master

Highland, MI.
Originally Posted by TJP
I'd say He's SOL. One should always open and inspect. How did he know you didn't ship him a box of rocks??? Sorry but IMO it's between him and Fed Ex twocents

He got two emails with tracking info from FedEx. He should have been looking for two boxes - agreed. I'll call FedEx tomorrow & see what they say. It's $106.00 of exhaust tips.

Last edited by Sunroofcuda; 03/04/21 10:41 PM.

Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2895859
03/04/21 10:24 PM
03/04/21 10:24 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Fed-Ex sucks.

I can get an email notification that my shipment arrived, then I have to go hunting.

Shipments have been left in random locations all over the property.

Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: Alaskan_TA] #2895906
03/05/21 12:25 AM
03/05/21 12:25 AM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Online content
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Online Content
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
How can you even get someone on the phone at FedEx who speaks English?

I had a BIG problem with them last Summer and could not get anyone in this country on the phone. I ended up driving to the hub. I about got hauled out and they stopped delivering for awhile due to my address being a "security risk".

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2895914
03/05/21 01:07 AM
03/05/21 01:07 AM
Oregon
A
AndyF Online content
I Win
AndyF  Online Content
I Win
A

Oregon
Which FedEx was it? FedEx express is really good. FedEx ground is okay. FedEx home delivery is just contractors running around town in borrowed vans.

Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: AndyF] #2895923
03/05/21 03:40 AM
03/05/21 03:40 AM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
They have to drive far to get to me, today he came from 136 miles each way...... and complained about the long drive. Im thinking hes getting PAID to drive and see some nice views and suck in some fresh air.

It was a nice van, unlike UPS.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: FedEx & Customer Says He Never Received..... [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2896541
03/06/21 05:32 PM
03/06/21 05:32 PM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
I got you beat.

I shipped a $1600 box over a month ago to one of the well known parts companies on the east side of the country. Tracking shows it was delivered and signed but we all know no one is signing cause of COVID. But I'm sure the driver knows the regular dock guy. So the big company tell me they never got it and to send another order. EFF THAT. Funny thing is this is the 3rd order recently they "couldn't find" but they found the other 2. Why would this one be any different? Sounds like they don't have their house in order and trying to lay it at my feet.

1) UPS guy can't scan a package that doesn't exist so he must have scanned THAT package.

2) This warehouse is MILES from any other building so it couldn't have been delivered to the wrong place. Their hand scanners have GPS and won't allow the package to be scanned at the wrong location without overriding. The override is documented I'm told. I have chased my UPS driver in the past to get a package and he fumbled with his scanner for 5 minutes to override the GPS thing to allow him to scan my package as delivered cause he said he RARELY does that.

3) Such BS that a big company thinks they can bully me.

4) My rep said its a pain but he'll get me the GPS of where exactly (down to the dock or door - within 30ft) where that was delivered.

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets