09/08/20 01:39 PM
09/08/20 01:39 PM
Crook County, ILL
Mastershake340 Offline OP
master
Mastershake340  Offline OP
master

Crook County, ILL
The Chicagoland Mopar Connection's show on September 13 in Downers Grove has been canceled.
There is a cruise at the Cozzis Fast Food location where the show was going to be held on Tuesday nights this summer that has become very popular, since almost all the other local car shows and cruises were shut down this season, but someone complained about the crowd size and lack of social distancing at the cruise, and the town's board of health told the organizers to cancel all remaining events. flame

Re: CMC 9-13 show in Downers Grove IL canceled [Re: Mastershake340] #2818612
09/08/20 03:48 PM
09/08/20 03:48 PM
WI
Dcuda69 Offline
master
Dcuda69  Offline
master

WI
Originally Posted by Mastershake340
someone complained about the crowd size and lack of social distancing at the cruise, and the town's board of health told the organizers to cancel all remaining events. flame

This is what drives me nuts!!! If you're not comfortable with it...don't go!!!! Why ruin it for everyone??? We have a nice cruise in at a local bowling alley every Weds. Live music,cheap beer/food,etc. It has become very popular..200-300 cars every week. 2 weeks left and thankfully nobody has f'd it up! up beer

Re: CMC 9-13 show in Downers Grove IL canceled [Re: Dcuda69] #2818627
09/08/20 04:08 PM
09/08/20 04:08 PM
Crook County, ILL
Mastershake340 Offline OP
master
Mastershake340  Offline OP
master

Crook County, ILL
Illinois has been much stricter with regulations and shut downs than Wisconsin. They are already phasing back to stricter regulations in several areas of the state where they claim there is an uptick of cases.
Most people have figured out that outdoor activities in the breeze and sunshine are low to no risk, but Illinois will be the one of the last places in the US to accept that fact. At the rate things are going, we will be on restrictions for the rest of the decade!

Re: CMC 9-13 show in Downers Grove IL canceled [Re: Mastershake340] #2818631
09/08/20 04:19 PM
09/08/20 04:19 PM
WI
Dcuda69 Offline
master
Dcuda69  Offline
master

WI
Illinois has been much stricter with regulations and shut downs than Wisconsin. They are already phasing back to stricter regulations in several areas of the state where they claim there is an uptick of cases.
Most people have figured out that outdoor activities in the breeze and sunshine are low to no risk, but Illinois will be the one of the last places in the US to accept that fact. At the rate things are going, we will be on restrictions for the rest of the decade!

I hear ya on the regs and shutdowns, my daughter lives in Des Plaines and works out of Chicago so she fills us in. It's a shame to shut everything down.... we don't get long summers in this part of the country so we need to take advantage of the time we get. It's bad enough to have the gov't involved but when people start to complain about events THAT drives me nuts!!

Re: CMC 9-13 show in Downers Grove IL canceled [Re: Mastershake340] #2818764
09/08/20 10:14 PM
09/08/20 10:14 PM
ILLINOIS
V
volaredon Offline
top fuel
volaredon  Offline
top fuel
V

ILLINOIS

yup. and they way they split up the "Regions" we got stuck paired with Will County, instead of Will County being paired with Crook county/ as Will County is "crook County wannabee's" anyway. We should have been paired with the county to the south (Iroquois) instead of the county to the north (Will) as our county by county rate matches betetr with Iroquois than Will... but we gotta pay the penalty for Will county's higher percentage..... meaning we gotta drive out of the county to go eat and be able to go inside to actually eat vs rat outside or carry out and eat in either my 99 Dakota or my wife's 01 Durango.... I am getting so sick n tired of that..... and not even able to step inside of a Casey's without a dam mask.... this is getting so old and worn out...... they never shut down for the flu or AIDS or cancer why this $#!t???? EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING I had planned to do/go to has been cancelled this year without fail...except 1... garden tractor shows, car shows, big tractor shows, swap meets, Hot Rod Power Tour, Pontiac IL Threshermens show, Covered Bridge Fest, county fairs, everything..... I was able to go to the Indy swap meet, just before all the BS hit the fan..... I even had vacation time off work set up for Power Tour week..... I am so tired of anything fun being given the ax. when will that end?

Re: CMC 9-13 show in Downers Grove IL canceled [Re: volaredon] #2818765
09/08/20 10:17 PM
09/08/20 10:17 PM
ILLINOIS
V
volaredon Offline
top fuel
volaredon  Offline
top fuel
V

ILLINOIS
and you wonder why the name Illinois starts with ILL...... as in the powers that be...... I wish we could put them all on instant recall and boot them OUT!