04/07/09 07:11 PM
04/07/09 07:11 PM
Spokane, WA
C
caseyjones Offline OP
caseyjones  Offline OP
C

Spokane, WA
It seems like the linkage might be a problem with the tight fit on this manifold in the crossram configuration. The STR-14 seems like the carbs are spaced out further apart than the STR-15 and would not be an issue. Anybody use a STR-15 with Carter AFB's?

Re: Will Carter AFB's fit on my Edelbrock STR-15 crossram? [Re: caseyjones] #280718
04/07/09 10:05 PM
04/07/09 10:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have an str-15 on my race car with eddy's(Same as new type carter) and origional linkage. I had to make some modifications. First I had to use some spacers under the carbs(1/2") lift them a little off the intake. then had to modify the manifold linkage behind the drivers carb, had to weld an extention arm on it to move the linkage out and up to line up with the carb(after market linkage is now available). I use loker type throtle cable so I had to weld a little washer on carb linkage to hold the return springs. the inside or passangers side carb has to have the bottom of the carb lincage cut off because the linkage sits so low, carb spacer heps a lot. I then had to make a return spring hanger for that carb but I have seen many different ways that can be done. Every time I see these intakes I look very close at their setup. The factory intake linkage bars that went to the carbs were thin and flimsy so I made my own adjustable rods, works a lot better. I use a dvorak carb syncronizer to tune the carbs and helps with throttle response. On my 451, 750's work great. I am now using diamond back engine N/SS 800 eddy's.

5149905-DSC00320.jpg (104 downloads)