05/11/20 11:42 AM
05/11/20 11:42 AM
MD
RTSE4ME Offline OP
top fuel
RTSE4ME  Offline OP
top fuel

MD
Help them reopen. Maryland reopened golf courses, tennis, and similar activities; outdoor fitness instruction; recreational fishing and hunting; recreational boating; and horseback riding but no drag racing.
We are not talking a national event just TnT and weekly brackets. Not hard to social distance at a racetrack.

http://www.masondixondragway.com/
TIME FOR SOME ACTION
I would like every racer and fan to call these numbers at least once per day everyday, and voice your opinion on the track being closed. There are only 3 dragstrips left in Maryland and soon there will be one less if we dont get to open. Call and leave a message that you wish to be called back, make the washington county delagates earn their money. A call at least once per day, every day until the track gets to open. Do not take NO for an asnwer.
Start Monday Leave a message and request a call back if you get an answering machine.
This is the only way Maryalnd will know how important opening is to you, Failure means one less track to play.

Delegate Neil Parrot MD Delagate for Washington County
OFFICE NUMBER 301-660-4263

Delegate William Wivell MD Delegate for Washington County
Office Number 301-858-3447
These two delegates have direct contact with the Governor of Maryland Larry Hogan ask them for his office number and call that too, clog the phone system. request a call back overwhelm his office.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: RTSE4ME] #2773533
05/11/20 01:59 PM
05/11/20 01:59 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
I sure hope they can get going again and stay around. Was a really cool track when we were there

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: Al_Alguire] #2773540
05/11/20 02:09 PM
05/11/20 02:09 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
I hope it works out for them. I know the court system works slow but it sure helped this track

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag...o36fKmHB_G3614y6knC47NzHicYL2wuDBZt0XfSA

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: Al_Alguire] #2773563
05/11/20 03:23 PM
05/11/20 03:23 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
I sure hope they can get going again and stay around. Was a really cool track when we were there

Still is with good people running it. Elmer has been there since '88 and does it because he's an old racer and loves it. He's put money back into it and takes care of the place. He ain't getting rich and has managed to keep it operating against other threats.

If you're a doomer and think this is all just an "inconvenience" you're sadly mistaken. This stuff has been my life for 45 years and it is seriously being threatened with not being viable anymore. This would be a disaster for this area with 75-80 having been lost.

The Washington County guys are good guys, But most of the elected people in Maryland are not. All we can do is continue to raise H3!! and try to get some sanity back into these decisions. I suggest anyone who cares at all to get in touch with these officials.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: Al_Alguire] #2773570
05/11/20 03:46 PM
05/11/20 03:46 PM
Connecticut
Ron_M Offline
top fuel
Ron_M  Offline
top fuel

Connecticut

iagree Went there in 2018 when I was working in Frederick. Nice place and people. Surrounding area really nice too.

Common sense is a flower that does not grow in everybody's garden
Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: Ron_M] #2773575
05/11/20 04:04 PM
05/11/20 04:04 PM
PA
moparacer Offline
master
moparacer  Offline
master

PA
I hope they get opened up soon but I wont hold my breath waiting.....

Wouldn't surprise me if the PA tracks got opened before the Md tracks. Our liberal dictator governor cant hold a candle to what is running MD.

67 Barracuda street/bracket car 11.27-119
68 Dart 502 BB 8.70s-152
414 cid SB Dragster 7.65-174
Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: moparacer] #2773699
05/11/20 10:23 PM
05/11/20 10:23 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
I have it on good authority that this is not BS or a bluff. I would use the information to contact the local legislators and the Governors office. The legislators are going to bat for the track, they need support. If you're not a Maryland resident, make sure they know how much you contribute to the economy when you visit.

A call or message to the Convention & Visitors Bureau - http://www.visithagerstown.com/contact - is probably also in order.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: moparacer] #2773703
05/11/20 10:34 PM
05/11/20 10:34 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted by moparacer
I hope they get opened up soon but I wont hold my breath waiting.....

Wouldn't surprise me if the PA tracks got opened before the Md tracks. Our liberal dictator governor cant hold a candle to what is running MD.

From Keystone Raceway Park posted on Facebook tonight.

Keystone Raceway Park
1 hr ·
Good afternoon everyone! As stated Friday, we are following up on our track rental info. Before doing so, I would like to add a few things. I would like to extend my sympathy to all the families affected by this pandemic. This has turned into a very difficult time for some, obviously. Many businesses have been and will be affected, but the only thing we don't know is to what magnitude. You have already seen many changes from other race tracks and businesses and I'm sure we will see many more to come. It is hard to make plans and schedules when you do not have all the cards to play with. We have to go day by day as that's how most changes from the government are being communicated. Nobody wants to mislead their customers by putting out information they do not know for certain will not change. You may have already encountered price increases on things at the super market or supplies to operate your own business. All businesses will have to adjust to the new way of doing things. I am in multiple different meetings and groups that hold conference calls, web meetings or just plain phone calls weekly and some daily. We are all in the same boat and trying to make the best we can with what we have been dealt. I promise you this, as if there wasn't enough stress in operating a business, this pandemic has caused double or triple the amount of stress for all of us. As I stated before, I feel bad for all businesses, big or small. The bigger they are the bigger the bills. I want to put this out there, I'm asking everyone to support the small businesses as much as you possibly can. Whether if it’s just a little local sandwich shop, pizza shop, hair salon, grocery store, anything, just support them. Support those who support your hobbies, no matter what they are. As for the race tracks, not just Keystone Raceway, I'm saying all of us - Beaver Springs, Mason Dixon, Quaker City, Thompson, Empire, Lancaster, Dragway 42, Summit Motorsports Park, everyone - we are all in the same situation. Support the race tracks as much as you can, whatever the program is and if you can afford it. Buy gift cards, buy apparel if they’re offered. Make sure you support all of our sponsors at each track. All the sponsors face the same challenge as any other business. Bills keep coming all year even though some businesses such as race tracks are seasonal. If you buy something from any sponsor always thank them for the support at the track. Give everyone's Facebook page a Like. That little click adds up and can help tracks or businesses show how many people they have interested in that business. It could make or break a deal. Last thing I want to say is just stop and take a minute for yourself. Everyone is carrying a little more stress today. Take a breather and clear your mind. Sit and think of someone special in your life that you may have not talked to in a while and maybe pick up the phone and give them a short little call and let them know you are thinking about them. You may think it sounds like nothing but it could mean the world to someone else in need of that call. Stay safe and keep singing happy birthday. We will get through this, and I look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Track Rental details: EVERYONE must follow the CDC guidelines and track rules. We have been waiting a long time to get to this point and do not want to lose this opportunity for not following the guidelines. During this yellow phase we can have up to 25 people TOTAL on the property (racers, crew, and employees). With that being said we will have a minimum of 10 entries and a maximum of 15 entries per session depending on crew. We have worked hard with the higher ups in making sure our family, employees and customers are safe.

Step 1: We will have two 4 hour sessions per day. Log on to our website www.keystoneracewaypark.com and go to our new online store, right on the main page (refresh your browser if you don't see it). Go under track rentals and purchase a rental from your desired time slot. At the beginning of reopening, we will be selling spots for Saturdays. We need to sell out both sessions for the day to take place. If we have enough interest we will open Sunday up after both Saturday sessions are full. We will do the same then for Friday if we fill both Sunday sessions. In the event we cannot run your session due to weather, we will move you to the following week’s time slot. If you want a refund, we will do so but cannot guarantee you a spot in the following week’s session. Each session is first come first serve basis. Each racer entry is $258, and includes (1) crew member, and ONLY 1. There will be NO SPECTATORS. Each crew will only be allowed entrance if in the same tow vehicle. No separate cars will be allowed in unless the car is an entry to the private rental.

Step 2: Upon entry to the gate we will have 1 person letting people in. Each person will be required to have a mask, their temperature will be taken and must be below 100.3 degrees. If your temperature is 100.4 or higher, by the CDC guidelines, you will be refused admittance and advised to contact your doctor. Once you get through the gate you will go to your designated pit stall. Each entry will receive their instructions through email provided after online rental purchase. As stated above, if you have a crew member they must be in the tow vehicle. No single cars will be allowed to enter unless they are a paid entrance into the private track rental. Once all participants are in, the gate will be locked. There will be no leaving and readmission during your session.

Step 3: Once you are in your pit stall you can unload (left lane side of the track only). We are asking everyone to follow social distancing guidelines, and keep spots between pits. Each pit stall will have its own garbage can. Please use your garbage can to throw away all unwanted items. When we open up the staging lanes, we will be using lanes 1, 3, and 5. Lanes 2, 4 and 6 will be left empty to help maintain social distancing. If you are ready to make a test hit pull up in the lanes when ready. If someone is in one of the odd lane numbers please use next available. If all 3 lanes have a car in them, please leave a minimum of 2 car lengths between you and the car in front of you. Once that car moves you may pull up. While in the lanes DO NOT leave your car area. You may check your tire pressure, do your normal race routine, etc, but remain with your car at all times and must you wear a face mask. If your vehicle requires the assistance of a golf cart the lanes are one way. All golf carts must pull forward and use the crossover road. Golf carts cannot go back through the lanes. Once you make a pass you can receive your time slip at the starter’s booth. You or your crew will be handed a time slip by an employee wearing a mask and gloves. Anyone coming for the time slip must have a mask on. Nobody will be permitted to remain down by the starting line except track officials. Again no congregating in the lanes. Be courteous and patient as everyone will be getting used to our new rules. Clean restrooms will be opened on pit side. All runs will be right lane single passes, the track prepped for the ¼ mile, and all race cars must exit on the left side of the track. The right side of the track will be closed from behind the souvenir stand all the way to the end of the track.

Step 4: After your session is complete, please load up accordingly so we can get the next session in. During the down time in between sessions we will be cleaning restrooms and garbage cans from the pit stalls before letting the next session in. Please be respectful to other participants in helping with a smooth process. Our employees and EMT's will be policing the rules and watching to keep everyone safe. If anyone is not following the rules they will be asked to leave the private rental without refund.

Greg Miller
Keystone Raceway Park
538 Stone Jug Rd.
New Alexandria, PA. 15670

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: pittsburghracer] #2773713
05/11/20 11:14 PM
05/11/20 11:14 PM
PA
moparacer Offline
master
moparacer  Offline
master

PA
From Keystone Raceway Park posted on Facebook tonight.

Didnt go so well at Beaver Spings.....

OPENING DAY CANCELED MAY 9TH

Due to the very overwhelming response on the opening day i have received a few polite phone calls to remind us that we are still in a restricted area for opening. There are guidelines we must follow to insure your safety and the safety of our community! We are sorry to announce that we will have to change how we reopen responsibly to ensure everyone's safety . As of now the open Test N Tune on May 9th is Canceled . We will re group to see how we can open successfully and with the utmost safety of everyone. Please Know that i am very sorry for this but have to do what is in the best interest for the track to remain open . We can not risk anyone's life or the take a chance at being shut down for the year and fines .

NO ONES LIFE IS WORTH THE RISK OF OPENING TO SOON

Very concerned track owner Mike McCracken

68 Dart 502 BB 8.70s-152
Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: moparacer] #2773722
05/11/20 11:49 PM
05/11/20 11:49 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Coles County in Illinois sued the board of health and 2 other agancies and won the right to be open for limited T&T at least. 60 cars, no spectators.

41 in Indiana had a permit from the County to run their Big Bucks race with 20% capacity for people. They postponed because a dirt track by them had the same permit for last Friday night and the State police barricaded the road to the track.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: slantzilla] #2773768
05/12/20 08:18 AM
05/12/20 08:18 AM
MD
RTSE4ME Offline OP
top fuel
RTSE4ME  Offline OP
top fuel

MD
Updated info for Larry's office number.

CALL THIS NUMBER 410-974-3901
LEAVE A MESSAGE ABOUT OPENING THE TRACK, REQUEST to be CALLED BACK.
PLEASE SHARE THIS NUMBER ON FACEBOOK and ALL OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA
EVEN OUT OF STATE RACERS AND FANS CAN VOICE THEIR OPINION
KEEP CALLING
410-974-3901
GOVERNOR'S OFFICE

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: RTSE4ME] #2773970
05/12/20 07:50 PM
05/12/20 07:50 PM
maryland
M
mhead Offline
mhead  Offline
M

maryland
Keep calling fellow racers is working.The governor has now said he's leaving it up to the county's to determine when they open.But keep calling it's going to be a long road ahead.
This whole thing is b.s. with the numbers.
Can't imagine not having a track as close to me as Mason dixon.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: mhead] #2774130
05/13/20 10:31 AM
05/13/20 10:31 AM
PA
moparacer Offline
master
moparacer  Offline
master

PA
Can't imagine not having a track as close to me as Mason dixon.

That would completely change my racing outlook for the future.

Not much of a traveler so if I can't be at a track in an hour or less I won't be doing much racing that's for sure.

68 Dart 502 BB 8.70s-152
Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: moparacer] #2774260
05/13/20 04:16 PM
05/13/20 04:16 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Afternoon reminder. Call Gov. Hogans office at 410-974-3901.

Waiting to see how much he turns back to the individual counties. It may end up being in the hands of the Washington County commissioners.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/13/20 04:18 PM.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: CMcAllister] #2774429
05/14/20 08:57 AM
05/14/20 08:57 AM
MD
RTSE4ME Offline OP
top fuel
RTSE4ME  Offline OP
top fuel

MD
Governor reopened certain businesses and facilities yesterday but it didn't include drag strips. Keep Calling and leaving messages on the governors phone line. If you don't get a response call again and leave a message to be called back.
GOVERNOR'S OFFICE 410-974-3901
We lost Capitol this year so we only have Mason Dixon left close by. I am not into travel like others and won't do much racing either.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: RTSE4ME] #2774493
05/14/20 12:37 PM
05/14/20 12:37 PM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Originally Posted by RTSE4ME
Help them reopen. Maryland reopened golf courses, tennis, and similar activities; outdoor fitness instruction; recreational fishing and hunting; recreational boating; and horseback riding but no drag racing.
We are not talking a national event just TnT and weekly brackets. Not hard to social distance at a racetrack.

http://www.masondixondragway.com/
TIME FOR SOME ACTION
I would like every racer and fan to call these numbers at least once per day everyday, and voice your opinion on the track being closed. There are only 3 dragstrips left in Maryland and soon there will be one less if we dont get to open. Call and leave a message that you wish to be called back, make the washington county delagates earn their money. A call at least once per day, every day until the track gets to open. Do not take NO for an asnwer.
Start Monday Leave a message and request a call back if you get an answering machine.
This is the only way Maryalnd will know how important opening is to you, Failure means one less track to play.

Delegate Neil Parrot MD Delagate for Washington County
OFFICE NUMBER 301-660-4263

Delegate William Wivell MD Delegate for Washington County
Office Number 301-858-3447
These two delegates have direct contact with the Governor of Maryland Larry Hogan ask them for his office number and call that too, clog the phone system. request a call back overwhelm his office.

This lock down has to end soon. I'm surprised Gov Hogan doesn't understand that. He's getting bad advice from people. MD is the last track for me. 75/80 closed and capital didn't renew their lease. Now I'll have to buy a truck and trailer because I can't drive the current buld 51 miles one way.

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/pui5j.jpg[/IMG]
Coming soon!!!!
Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: Mr.Yuck] #2774521
05/14/20 02:05 PM
05/14/20 02:05 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
WOW I did not know Capital Raceway is gone too. That sucks a liked that place too. Was always a fun time there

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: Al_Alguire] #2774569
05/14/20 03:55 PM
05/14/20 03:55 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Afternoon reminder.

Sounds like Gov Hogan is putting some of this back on the counties. So I've put together some contact info for some local organizations as well. The more cages we rattle, the more attention we get.

Anyone in the area or who attends Mason-Dixon, this is no BS. We have to get this track open soon. Call the numbers. Email..

Gov Hogans office
410-974-3901

neil.parrott@house.state.md.us

william.wivell@house.state.md.us

Washington County Convention & Tourism Bureau
301-791-3246
info@visithagerstown.com

Washington County Chamber of Commerce
301-739-2015
info@hagerstown.org

Washington County Commissioners
240-313-2200
commissioners@washco-md.net

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/14/20 03:56 PM.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: Al_Alguire] #2774779
05/15/20 10:47 AM
05/15/20 10:47 AM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
WOW I did not know Capital Raceway is gone too. That sucks a liked that place too. Was always a fun time there

Best run track around. At sea level plenty of shut down. I'm not sure what they are going too do. I'm hoping somebody else picks up the link

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/pui5j.jpg[/IMG]
Coming soon!!!!
Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help [Re: Mr.Yuck] #2774817
05/15/20 12:26 PM
05/15/20 12:26 PM
MD
RTSE4ME Offline OP
top fuel
RTSE4ME  Offline OP
top fuel

MD
The rumors I heard about why the lease wasn't renewed is the owners of the land wanted the people running the place to pay for a construction project to correct some water issues. The current land owners really have no interest in the drag strip just $$$.

Looks like Mason Dixon will start opening on Memorial Day weekend

Update from MD website
Plans are coming together to safely re-open Mason Dixon Dragway.
Racers will be required to adhere to safety precautions and social distancing.
PPP Face masks should be worn when possible to protect you fellow racer.
Parking of Race Rigs will be 12 ' Apart, gathering in groups will not be allowed.
Initially they will be small test and tune sessions, proposed is:
50 Drivers for a 4 hour period,
Session One 9AM-1PM
Session Two 2PM- 6PM
2 periods per weekend day.
No Spectators
Up to 4 Crew Members Per Entry
(More Information as to how we will control entries will be forth coming)
In all probability a Form Like the Chassis Cert Sign-Up Form
Because the track has suffered serious economic losses March ,April & May
the entry fee for Test Sessions will be increasing.
Computer Operator Tower, Announcer Tower and Admin Tower will be Off Limits to Entries.
Track Admin Meeting will post more when it becomes available
Every Other Staging Lane will be utilized.
Crew Members must exit Staging Area before next Entry is Allowed.
Crew Members must have ARM BAND to access Starting Line
(Starting Line Access Must Be Signed Up on Tech Card)

Talks with the Health Officer in Washington County, Earl Stoner, have not produced the results we as drag racers have wished for.
I have been talking to the Sgt. Nelson from the Emergency Management Agency in Reisterstown, he will be working closely with the Governors office to find a solution and address the problem.

WE ARE HOPING Testing can begin for Memporial Day weekend

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3