Moparts

Mason Dixon Dragway Help

Posted By: RTSE4ME

Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/11/20 03:42 PM

Help them reopen. Maryland reopened golf courses, tennis, and similar activities; outdoor fitness instruction; recreational fishing and hunting; recreational boating; and horseback riding but no drag racing.
We are not talking a national event just TnT and weekly brackets. Not hard to social distance at a racetrack.

http://www.masondixondragway.com/
TIME FOR SOME ACTION
I would like every racer and fan to call these numbers at least once per day everyday, and voice your opinion on the track being closed. There are only 3 dragstrips left in Maryland and soon there will be one less if we dont get to open. Call and leave a message that you wish to be called back, make the washington county delagates earn their money. A call at least once per day, every day until the track gets to open. Do not take NO for an asnwer.
Start Monday Leave a message and request a call back if you get an answering machine.
This is the only way Maryalnd will know how important opening is to you, Failure means one less track to play.

Delegate Neil Parrot MD Delagate for Washington County
OFFICE NUMBER 301-660-4263

Delegate William Wivell MD Delegate for Washington County
Office Number 301-858-3447
These two delegates have direct contact with the Governor of Maryland Larry Hogan ask them for his office number and call that too, clog the phone system. request a call back overwhelm his office.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/11/20 05:59 PM

I sure hope they can get going again and stay around. Was a really cool track when we were there
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/11/20 06:09 PM

I hope it works out for them. I know the court system works slow but it sure helped this track

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag...o36fKmHB_G3614y6knC47NzHicYL2wuDBZt0XfSA
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/11/20 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
I sure hope they can get going again and stay around. Was a really cool track when we were there

Still is with good people running it. Elmer has been there since '88 and does it because he's an old racer and loves it. He's put money back into it and takes care of the place. He ain't getting rich and has managed to keep it operating against other threats.

If you're a doomer and think this is all just an "inconvenience" you're sadly mistaken. This stuff has been my life for 45 years and it is seriously being threatened with not being viable anymore. This would be a disaster for this area with 75-80 having been lost.

The Washington County guys are good guys, But most of the elected people in Maryland are not. All we can do is continue to raise H3!! and try to get some sanity back into these decisions. I suggest anyone who cares at all to get in touch with these officials.
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/11/20 07:46 PM

iagree Went there in 2018 when I was working in Frederick. Nice place and people. Surrounding area really nice too.
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/11/20 08:04 PM

I hope they get opened up soon but I wont hold my breath waiting.....

Wouldn't surprise me if the PA tracks got opened before the Md tracks. Our liberal dictator governor cant hold a candle to what is running MD.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/12/20 02:23 AM

I have it on good authority that this is not BS or a bluff. I would use the information to contact the local legislators and the Governors office. The legislators are going to bat for the track, they need support. If you're not a Maryland resident, make sure they know how much you contribute to the economy when you visit.

A call or message to the Convention & Visitors Bureau - http://www.visithagerstown.com/contact - is probably also in order.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/12/20 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by moparacer
I hope they get opened up soon but I wont hold my breath waiting.....

Wouldn't surprise me if the PA tracks got opened before the Md tracks. Our liberal dictator governor cant hold a candle to what is running MD.

From Keystone Raceway Park posted on Facebook tonight.

Keystone Raceway Park
1 hr ·
Good afternoon everyone! As stated Friday, we are following up on our track rental info. Before doing so, I would like to add a few things. I would like to extend my sympathy to all the families affected by this pandemic. This has turned into a very difficult time for some, obviously. Many businesses have been and will be affected, but the only thing we don't know is to what magnitude. You have already seen many changes from other race tracks and businesses and I'm sure we will see many more to come. It is hard to make plans and schedules when you do not have all the cards to play with. We have to go day by day as that's how most changes from the government are being communicated. Nobody wants to mislead their customers by putting out information they do not know for certain will not change. You may have already encountered price increases on things at the super market or supplies to operate your own business. All businesses will have to adjust to the new way of doing things. I am in multiple different meetings and groups that hold conference calls, web meetings or just plain phone calls weekly and some daily. We are all in the same boat and trying to make the best we can with what we have been dealt. I promise you this, as if there wasn't enough stress in operating a business, this pandemic has caused double or triple the amount of stress for all of us. As I stated before, I feel bad for all businesses, big or small. The bigger they are the bigger the bills. I want to put this out there, I'm asking everyone to support the small businesses as much as you possibly can. Whether if it’s just a little local sandwich shop, pizza shop, hair salon, grocery store, anything, just support them. Support those who support your hobbies, no matter what they are. As for the race tracks, not just Keystone Raceway, I'm saying all of us - Beaver Springs, Mason Dixon, Quaker City, Thompson, Empire, Lancaster, Dragway 42, Summit Motorsports Park, everyone - we are all in the same situation. Support the race tracks as much as you can, whatever the program is and if you can afford it. Buy gift cards, buy apparel if they’re offered. Make sure you support all of our sponsors at each track. All the sponsors face the same challenge as any other business. Bills keep coming all year even though some businesses such as race tracks are seasonal. If you buy something from any sponsor always thank them for the support at the track. Give everyone's Facebook page a Like. That little click adds up and can help tracks or businesses show how many people they have interested in that business. It could make or break a deal. Last thing I want to say is just stop and take a minute for yourself. Everyone is carrying a little more stress today. Take a breather and clear your mind. Sit and think of someone special in your life that you may have not talked to in a while and maybe pick up the phone and give them a short little call and let them know you are thinking about them. You may think it sounds like nothing but it could mean the world to someone else in need of that call. Stay safe and keep singing happy birthday. We will get through this, and I look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Track Rental details: EVERYONE must follow the CDC guidelines and track rules. We have been waiting a long time to get to this point and do not want to lose this opportunity for not following the guidelines. During this yellow phase we can have up to 25 people TOTAL on the property (racers, crew, and employees). With that being said we will have a minimum of 10 entries and a maximum of 15 entries per session depending on crew. We have worked hard with the higher ups in making sure our family, employees and customers are safe.

Step 1: We will have two 4 hour sessions per day. Log on to our website www.keystoneracewaypark.com and go to our new online store, right on the main page (refresh your browser if you don't see it). Go under track rentals and purchase a rental from your desired time slot. At the beginning of reopening, we will be selling spots for Saturdays. We need to sell out both sessions for the day to take place. If we have enough interest we will open Sunday up after both Saturday sessions are full. We will do the same then for Friday if we fill both Sunday sessions. In the event we cannot run your session due to weather, we will move you to the following week’s time slot. If you want a refund, we will do so but cannot guarantee you a spot in the following week’s session. Each session is first come first serve basis. Each racer entry is $258, and includes (1) crew member, and ONLY 1. There will be NO SPECTATORS. Each crew will only be allowed entrance if in the same tow vehicle. No separate cars will be allowed in unless the car is an entry to the private rental.

Step 2: Upon entry to the gate we will have 1 person letting people in. Each person will be required to have a mask, their temperature will be taken and must be below 100.3 degrees. If your temperature is 100.4 or higher, by the CDC guidelines, you will be refused admittance and advised to contact your doctor. Once you get through the gate you will go to your designated pit stall. Each entry will receive their instructions through email provided after online rental purchase. As stated above, if you have a crew member they must be in the tow vehicle. No single cars will be allowed to enter unless they are a paid entrance into the private track rental. Once all participants are in, the gate will be locked. There will be no leaving and readmission during your session.

Step 3: Once you are in your pit stall you can unload (left lane side of the track only). We are asking everyone to follow social distancing guidelines, and keep spots between pits. Each pit stall will have its own garbage can. Please use your garbage can to throw away all unwanted items. When we open up the staging lanes, we will be using lanes 1, 3, and 5. Lanes 2, 4 and 6 will be left empty to help maintain social distancing. If you are ready to make a test hit pull up in the lanes when ready. If someone is in one of the odd lane numbers please use next available. If all 3 lanes have a car in them, please leave a minimum of 2 car lengths between you and the car in front of you. Once that car moves you may pull up. While in the lanes DO NOT leave your car area. You may check your tire pressure, do your normal race routine, etc, but remain with your car at all times and must you wear a face mask. If your vehicle requires the assistance of a golf cart the lanes are one way. All golf carts must pull forward and use the crossover road. Golf carts cannot go back through the lanes. Once you make a pass you can receive your time slip at the starter’s booth. You or your crew will be handed a time slip by an employee wearing a mask and gloves. Anyone coming for the time slip must have a mask on. Nobody will be permitted to remain down by the starting line except track officials. Again no congregating in the lanes. Be courteous and patient as everyone will be getting used to our new rules. Clean restrooms will be opened on pit side. All runs will be right lane single passes, the track prepped for the ¼ mile, and all race cars must exit on the left side of the track. The right side of the track will be closed from behind the souvenir stand all the way to the end of the track.

Step 4: After your session is complete, please load up accordingly so we can get the next session in. During the down time in between sessions we will be cleaning restrooms and garbage cans from the pit stalls before letting the next session in. Please be respectful to other participants in helping with a smooth process. Our employees and EMT's will be policing the rules and watching to keep everyone safe. If anyone is not following the rules they will be asked to leave the private rental without refund.

Greg Miller
Keystone Raceway Park
538 Stone Jug Rd.
New Alexandria, PA. 15670

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/12/20 03:14 AM

From Keystone Raceway Park posted on Facebook tonight.

Didnt go so well at Beaver Spings.....

OPENING DAY CANCELED MAY 9TH

Due to the very overwhelming response on the opening day i have received a few polite phone calls to remind us that we are still in a restricted area for opening. There are guidelines we must follow to insure your safety and the safety of our community! We are sorry to announce that we will have to change how we reopen responsibly to ensure everyone's safety . As of now the open Test N Tune on May 9th is Canceled . We will re group to see how we can open successfully and with the utmost safety of everyone. Please Know that i am very sorry for this but have to do what is in the best interest for the track to remain open . We can not risk anyone's life or the take a chance at being shut down for the year and fines .

NO ONES LIFE IS WORTH THE RISK OF OPENING TO SOON

Very concerned track owner Mike McCracken
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/12/20 03:49 AM

Coles County in Illinois sued the board of health and 2 other agancies and won the right to be open for limited T&T at least. 60 cars, no spectators.

41 in Indiana had a permit from the County to run their Big Bucks race with 20% capacity for people. They postponed because a dirt track by them had the same permit for last Friday night and the State police barricaded the road to the track.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/12/20 12:18 PM

Updated info for Larry's office number.

CALL THIS NUMBER 410-974-3901
LEAVE A MESSAGE ABOUT OPENING THE TRACK, REQUEST to be CALLED BACK.
PLEASE SHARE THIS NUMBER ON FACEBOOK and ALL OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA
EVEN OUT OF STATE RACERS AND FANS CAN VOICE THEIR OPINION
KEEP CALLING
410-974-3901
GOVERNOR'S OFFICE
Posted By: mhead

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/12/20 11:50 PM

Keep calling fellow racers is working.The governor has now said he's leaving it up to the county's to determine when they open.But keep calling it's going to be a long road ahead.
This whole thing is b.s. with the numbers.
Can't imagine not having a track as close to me as Mason dixon.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/13/20 02:31 PM

Can't imagine not having a track as close to me as Mason dixon.

That would completely change my racing outlook for the future.

Not much of a traveler so if I can't be at a track in an hour or less I won't be doing much racing that's for sure.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/13/20 08:16 PM

Afternoon reminder. Call Gov. Hogans office at 410-974-3901.

Waiting to see how much he turns back to the individual counties. It may end up being in the hands of the Washington County commissioners.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/14/20 12:57 PM

Governor reopened certain businesses and facilities yesterday but it didn't include drag strips. Keep Calling and leaving messages on the governors phone line. If you don't get a response call again and leave a message to be called back.
GOVERNOR'S OFFICE 410-974-3901
We lost Capitol this year so we only have Mason Dixon left close by. I am not into travel like others and won't do much racing either.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/14/20 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by RTSE4ME
Help them reopen. Maryland reopened golf courses, tennis, and similar activities; outdoor fitness instruction; recreational fishing and hunting; recreational boating; and horseback riding but no drag racing.
We are not talking a national event just TnT and weekly brackets. Not hard to social distance at a racetrack.

TIME FOR SOME ACTION
I would like every racer and fan to call these numbers at least once per day everyday, and voice your opinion on the track being closed. There are only 3 dragstrips left in Maryland and soon there will be one less if we dont get to open. Call and leave a message that you wish to be called back, make the washington county delagates earn their money. A call at least once per day, every day until the track gets to open. Do not take NO for an asnwer.
Start Monday Leave a message and request a call back if you get an answering machine.
This is the only way Maryalnd will know how important opening is to you, Failure means one less track to play.

Delegate Neil Parrot MD Delagate for Washington County
OFFICE NUMBER 301-660-4263

Delegate William Wivell MD Delegate for Washington County
Office Number 301-858-3447
These two delegates have direct contact with the Governor of Maryland Larry Hogan ask them for his office number and call that too, clog the phone system. request a call back overwhelm his office.

This lock down has to end soon. I'm surprised Gov Hogan doesn't understand that. He's getting bad advice from people. MD is the last track for me. 75/80 closed and capital didn't renew their lease. Now I'll have to buy a truck and trailer because I can't drive the current buld 51 miles one way.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/14/20 06:05 PM

WOW I did not know Capital Raceway is gone too. That sucks a liked that place too. Was always a fun time there

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/14/20 07:55 PM

Afternoon reminder.

Sounds like Gov Hogan is putting some of this back on the counties. So I've put together some contact info for some local organizations as well. The more cages we rattle, the more attention we get.

Anyone in the area or who attends Mason-Dixon, this is no BS. We have to get this track open soon. Call the numbers. Email..

Gov Hogans office
410-974-3901

neil.parrott@house.state.md.us

william.wivell@house.state.md.us

Washington County Convention & Tourism Bureau
301-791-3246
info@visithagerstown.com

Washington County Chamber of Commerce
301-739-2015
info@hagerstown.org

Washington County Commissioners
240-313-2200
commissioners@washco-md.net

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/15/20 02:47 PM

WOW I did not know Capital Raceway is gone too. That sucks a liked that place too. Was always a fun time there

Best run track around. At sea level plenty of shut down. I'm not sure what they are going too do. I'm hoping somebody else picks up the link

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/15/20 04:26 PM

The rumors I heard about why the lease wasn't renewed is the owners of the land wanted the people running the place to pay for a construction project to correct some water issues. The current land owners really have no interest in the drag strip just $$$.

Looks like Mason Dixon will start opening on Memorial Day weekend

Update from MD website
Plans are coming together to safely re-open Mason Dixon Dragway.
Racers will be required to adhere to safety precautions and social distancing.
PPP Face masks should be worn when possible to protect you fellow racer.
Parking of Race Rigs will be 12 ' Apart, gathering in groups will not be allowed.
Initially they will be small test and tune sessions, proposed is:
50 Drivers for a 4 hour period,
Session One 9AM-1PM
Session Two 2PM- 6PM
2 periods per weekend day.
No Spectators
Up to 4 Crew Members Per Entry
(More Information as to how we will control entries will be forth coming)
In all probability a Form Like the Chassis Cert Sign-Up Form
Because the track has suffered serious economic losses March ,April & May
the entry fee for Test Sessions will be increasing.
Computer Operator Tower, Announcer Tower and Admin Tower will be Off Limits to Entries.
Track Admin Meeting will post more when it becomes available
Every Other Staging Lane will be utilized.
Crew Members must exit Staging Area before next Entry is Allowed.
Crew Members must have ARM BAND to access Starting Line
(Starting Line Access Must Be Signed Up on Tech Card)

Talks with the Health Officer in Washington County, Earl Stoner, have not produced the results we as drag racers have wished for.
I have been talking to the Sgt. Nelson from the Emergency Management Agency in Reisterstown, he will be working closely with the Governors office to find a solution and address the problem.

WE ARE HOPING Testing can begin for Memporial Day weekend

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/15/20 08:22 PM

Afternoon update.

Need to continue to call the Governors office. It's the same answering machine message over and over and I have yet to be called back, but they need to know there's a bunch of people wanting to get this place open.

The Washington County officials need to be contacted as well.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/15/20 10:09 PM

I can just imagine how many cars will be vying for these 4 hour 50 car spots. Then, with a max of 100 a day you might have to wait several weeks just to get your 4 hour "moment in the sun"....

Hey I guess it will be better than nothing but I don't see me rushing to finish my car just to play the TNT lottery....

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/18/20 02:52 PM

I can just imagine how many cars will be vying for these 4 hour 50 car spots. Then, with a max of 100 a day you might have to wait several weeks just to get your 4 hour "moment in the sun"....

Hey I guess it will be better than nothing but I don't see me rushing to finish my car just to play the TNT lottery....

It will be like every Sunday you race there. Can't start until noon and then get two time runs and everybody out by 5.
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/18/20 03:46 PM

Last yr on their bigger weekends they starting doing 1 time run and go...Even on the pre turkey day race when there was a poor crowd they did the 1 time run and go thing....

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/18/20 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Yuck

It will be like every Sunday you race there. Can't start until noon and then get two time runs and everybody out by 5.

If you're out by 5, you got beat first round. If you just want to make laps, sign up for TnT.

Can't (won't) start big cars till noon because there's a church at the end of the track. It's been that way forever. Saturdays are different. That's why he runs Juniors early by themselves. They are usually done by noon. Moms and Dads can concentrate on the kids deal before going racing themselves. And the big cars can run without dealing with the little cars moving around in the pits. It has worked out well for 30 years of doing it like that.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/19/20 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by CMcAllister

If you're out by 5, you got beat first round. If you just want to make laps, sign up for TnT.

Can't (won't) start big cars till noon because there's a church at the end of the track. It's been that way forever. Saturdays are different. That's why he runs Juniors early by themselves. They are usually done by noon. Moms and Dads can concentrate on the kids deal before going racing themselves. And the big cars can run without dealing with the little cars moving around in the pits. It has worked out well for 30 years of doing it like that.

Yes I know all about the church. Still the facts you get 2 runs and then they want it all done quickly. I usually am not out in the 1st round. They could easily have another time run or 2 before eliminations.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/19/20 09:35 PM

Tuesday afternoon update. Contact these people. Let them know we need to get this track opened up.

Gov Hogans office
410-974-3901

neil.parrott@house.state.md.us

william.wivell@house.state.md.us

Washington County Convention & Tourism Bureau
301-791-3246
info@visithagerstown.com

Washington County Chamber of Commerce
301-739-2015
info@hagerstown.org

Washington County Commissioners
240-313-2200
commissioners@washco-md.net

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/19/20 09:40 PM

Yes I know all about the church. Still the facts you get 2 runs and then they want it all done quickly. I usually am not out in the 1st round. They could easily have another time run or 2 before eliminations.

Start at noon. 2 time shots. Now it's after 3 depending on car count and special events. 6 or 7 rounds for most classes, TnT cars, track prep, oil downs, etc., etc. They have to hustle to get out of there by 8 or 9.

We can debate this another time. Let's concentrate on getting it open first, please. Have you called the Governor?

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/20/20 01:17 PM

Elmer has been going to 1 time run if the weather is threatening, or the car count is high and they have an oil dow etc. I have no problem with that. But if it becomes a 1 run and go for every bracket race that will kill the car count even further.

I wouldn't care, but I know a lot of guys that wont bother going to the track for the possibility of only getting 2 runs.

I remember the good ol days of them giving 3 and then announcing that anyone who wanted a 4th could come to the lanes lol.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/20/20 01:55 PM

Elmer has been going to 1 time run if the weather is threatening, or the car count is high and they have an oil dow etc. I have no problem with that. But if it becomes a 1 run and go for every bracket race that will kill the car count even further.

I wouldn't care, but I know a lot of guys that wont bother going to the track for the possibility of only getting 2 runs.

I remember the good ol days of them giving 3 and then announcing that anyone who wanted a 4th could come to the lanes lol.

If you need 3 or 4 time trials you are a test n tuner not a racer. I write down weather conditions on every pass I make because at some of the big money races you get one time trial on Friday and then race for 20,000.00 Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Next week it may be 40,000.00 dollars
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/20/20 03:52 PM

Yo cHeEzY... how many 20 to 40k$ races are there up there ?

Did you ever go to the Winter Series in Florida some years ago ? Now THERE was some BIGGIE $ ! eek
Posted By: JACK1440

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/20/20 04:08 PM

Cecil is fully open. Test n Tune tonight. I'm planning my first outing for June 13th nostalgia day.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/20/20 04:25 PM

If you need 3 or 4 time trials you are a test n tuner not a racer.

I was speaking from a nostalgic sense.

Ill run a bracket race off the trailer with no time runs if they want.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/20/20 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by JACK1440
Cecil is fully open. Test n Tune tonight. I'm planning my first outing for June 13th nostalgia day.

So it looks to me like Cecil County isn't doing all the crap that Mason has to do? Didn't see anything on their site about it? They are in MD too and a lot closer to Coronavirus ground zero....

This week at Cecil County Dragway:

Wednesday night May 20th
Test-n-Tune. Gates open 5pm, Test-n-Tune 6pm-10pm.
Racers $20 each, General Admission $10 each.

TNT for $20?!?!

Probably be 1000 cars there.....

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/20/20 04:46 PM

I know.... crazy. Looks like a rain out for this weekend

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/20/20 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
Yo cHeEzY... how many 20 to 40k$ races are there up there ?

Did you ever go to the Winter Series in Florida some years ago ? Now THERE was some BIGGIE $ ! eek

I would say every other week or so there is a 5000-40,000 dollar race in Pennsylvania and Ohio. (400 mile round trip). I’ve ventured as far as Virginia but that’s probably my limit. Not as young as I used to be and towing with an older motorhome and breaking down can be a nightmare. And it happens more than you would think. I’m usually by myself to so that doesn’t help if and when something did happen.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/20/20 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

If you need 3 or 4 time trials you are a test n tuner not a racer. I write down weather conditions on every pass I make because at some of the big money races you get one time trial on Friday and then race for 20,000.00 Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Next week it may be 40,000.00 dollars

Well, I may have been thinking that, but didn't want to get off topic. If you race regularly, you should be able to get one hit and go. Everybody is in the same boat. It wasn't unusual for us to get 1 or maybe 2 hits on Thursday, then it starts raining, and you're maybe Sunday or Monday for 1st round.

The faster these cars get, the more the per lap price goes up. Guys aren't down there joyriding like the "old days". Elmer has regular Friday night TnTs, TnT on race day, plenty of opportunity to make laps. Most Super Pro guys and the serious footbrakers are there to race.

Back on topic...call the County Commisioners, Tourism people. I think most of this is in the county's hands and Elmer has not had any help from the health officer or any of the people at the county level. I've lived there so I'm not surprised. Call. Email. It's Memorial Day. Time to get this going.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/20/20 06:48 PM

Limited opening this weekend 2 sessions on Sat and 1 on Sun
50 cars each session
Good to hear Cecil is opened but MDIR is still closed

FORMS YOU NEED TO Download Print and Sign
Then Turn in with Your Entry
Release Waiver For Racing
Release Waiver for Covid-19
Session Sign-Up Form
(The above Link will become active at 8AM Friday)

The Sign-UP Form will be posted at 8AM on friday, Each Session will allow 50 Entries, with a maximum of 4 crew members. Entries will have pit parking designated bu numberd spaces in the Right ( South Side) of the track. Parking on the Left side of the track will be the staging area for Session Two. Sould we have inclement weather that cancels one complete session we will attempt to utilize Monday as a make up Session. Race Teams will need to have face covering available when coming to the staging lanes and starting line. Hand sanitation should also be brought with each team. It is only possible to open for testing if each person follows the Covid19 Guide Line set forth. NO SPECTATORS is one of the Guide Lines set forth by the State of MD.
Gates will open 1 Hour before ech session begins, once your session is over you must leave the property so the next session can enter the pit area. No Over Night

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/20/20 07:29 PM

And just like that... Cecil is not open. They received a call today saying you will not be open according to Jim Halsey,

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/20/20 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by JACK1440
And just like that... Cecil is not open. They received a call today saying you will not be open according to Jim Halsey,

Doesn't surprise me....

I knew something wasn't adding up between what Elmer is going through and what they were going to do.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/21/20 12:02 PM

Updated info looks like opening also on Monday and cost. Normally, TnT is $35 but under the circumstances $60 is fair.

Session One 10AM-2PM $60 May 23rd
Session Two 3PM- 7PM $60 May 23rd
2 periods per Saturday
Session Sunday 11:30-3:30PM $60 May 24th
Monday (Times and sessions pending will anounce Saturday Nite)
No Spectators at Any Session
Up to 4 Crew Members Per Entry($10 Entry)

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/21/20 12:07 PM

Updated info looks like opening also on Monday and cost. Normally, TnT is $35 but under the circumstances $60 is fair.

2 periods per Saturday

Wow. So 250 Plus employees

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/21/20 01:00 PM

2 periods per Saturday

I don't know many racers that bring 4 crew members...

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/21/20 01:30 PM

2 periods per Saturday

No but I do know a lot of guys that have four friends that are dying to get to racetracks to watch guys making passes again. Sounds like a quick way to ban real racers from being able to hit the tracks.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/21/20 05:25 PM

Not sure how to read that. 250?

60 per car + 4 people at 10 per = $100... or am I missing something.

The track is open, even if it's half a$$ open thanks to the Chinese. That's the main thing.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/21/20 05:35 PM

Pretty sure John means 250 people. 50 drivers and up to 200 crew members. But like stated I doubt many will have 4, my guess is the county gave them a limit based on space available and no spectators

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/21/20 06:18 PM

Pretty sure John means 250 people. 50 drivers and up to 200 crew members. But like stated I doubt many will have 4, my guess is the county gave them a limit based on space available and no spectators

Yeah. I thought of that after I posted that. A little slow today.

I'm sure he got a max number of people allowed. And no one allowed in the stands I assume. That makes you a spectator. They were yelling and chasing people out of the stands all weekend at Darlington. Didn't matter if it was 1 or 2. Get out, now!

Maybe I could go down and be an employee (again). I'd do it for nothing. He11, I might even pay him. I'm ready to go to the track.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/21/20 07:23 PM

Yeah. I thought of that after I posted that. A little slow today.

I'm sure he got a max number of people allowed. And no one allowed in the stands I assume. That makes you a spectator. They were yelling and chasing people out of the stands all weekend at Darlington. Didn't matter if it was 1 or 2. Get out, now!

Maybe I could go down and be an employee (again). I'd do it for nothing. He11, I might even pay him. I'm ready to go to the track.

Yes I was talking about number of people. If you but five times 50 people in the staging lanes and watching at the starting line that’s a lot of people. Every track I’ve heard about so far has banned sitting in the stands. I would be calling buddies offering my free pit crew duty just to spectate as many others will be doing the same. We have been cooped up a long time.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/21/20 10:37 PM

There is a little roundy rounder track in PA that opened up last weekend and had thousands of spectators. The cops showed up the first time and they basically told them to get lost. They came back and said they were going to start arresting people and the promoter pointed to the hill that had 3000+ spectators on it and told them to get busy....They left. They really don't have a legal leg to stand on with this, they just don't want everyone to know it. They are having another big 2 day race this weekend I was told.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/21/20 11:07 PM

That's cool, they can't arrest everyone.

But we were at Cecil County one night, about 2AM, trying to get done after raining all day. Maryland State Police rolled in, rolled down the staging lanes and parked sideways across the starting line. We were done for the day.

PSP rolls in there with an MRAP is all it would take. Depends on who's calling the shots and what they think about the situation.
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/21/20 11:09 PM

There is a little roundy rounder track in PA that opened up last weekend and had thousands of spectators. The cops showed up the first time and they basically told them to get lost. They came back and said they were going to start arresting people and the promoter pointed to the hill that had 3000+ spectators on it and told them to get busy....They left. They really don't have a legal leg to stand on with this, they just don't want everyone to know it. They are having another big 2 day race this weekend I was told.

It’s NOW confirmed with me ... 99% of the people who live in PUTTSylivania are rascals !

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/22/20 01:43 AM

Most of PA is a lot closer to Texas than New York attitude wise..

New York, New Jersey, Maryland - down We're a little slice of paradise surrounded by evil empires.

I don't know what kind of shenanigans had to take place for Wolf to get elected.

offtopic

Call and email the rascals in Maryland and tell them to let these tracks open.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/22/20 03:05 PM

2 periods per Saturday

No but I do know a lot of guys that have four friends that are dying to get to racetracks to watch guys making passes again. Sounds like a quick way to ban real racers from being able to hit the tracks.

Or a way for the track to make MORE money w/o "spectators"

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/22/20 09:34 PM

Most of PA is a lot closer to Texas than New York attitude wise..

New York, New Jersey, Maryland - down We're a little slice of paradise surrounded by evil empires.

I don't know what kind of shenanigans had to take place for Wolf to get elected.

Where we live yes, but eastern and western PA are liberal infested [censored] holes.

Someone needs to start a gofundme page for Central PA to secede from the State...

I would gladly donate!
Posted By: carnut68

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/23/20 11:22 AM

Think about this. Md Gov Hoggass has deemed it ok to open the beaches and boardwalk in Ocean City where there will be about a half million people but there are limits put on these dragstrips and Cecil was told they can"t open. Its time to stand up to the NAZIS and tell them to pound sand. Most of us have cooperated with the shutdown. Its time to end it. Think of all the young men who stormed the beaches of Europe and the Pacific islands during WW2 and died. To preserve freedom! Now this whole country acts like a bunch of sheep. Sorry for the rant.

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/23/20 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by carnut68
Think about this. Md Gov Hoggass has deemed it ok to open the beaches and boardwalk in Ocean City where there will be about a half million people but there are limits put on these dragstrips and Cecil was told they can"t open. Its time to stand up to the NAZIS and tell them to pound sand. Most of us have cooperated with the shutdown. Its time to end it. Think of all the young men who stormed the beaches of Europe and the Pacific islands during WW2 and died. To preserve freedom! Now this whole country acts like a bunch of sheep. Sorry for the rant.

Not to mention they were herding everyone into Walmarts and Grocery stores without masks and protective barriers with little to no "social distancing" the first month or so and dont even get me started on the liquor stores....

All that was AOK but racing outside?

B.S.
Posted By: mhead

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/24/20 04:04 PM

Well o.c. didn't wait on the governor to give the ok to open they did it on there own.There are other cities in md doing this as well.
My son and I made it to Mason dixon yesterday and he made his first passes in a Dakota that I recently completed.He's 18 and the fastest he's been is sixteens but yesterday went 11.72.I couldn't wipe the smile off his face all evening.We probably could have made ten passes if we wanted but didn't see the need to.
It's definitely time to end all this nonsense. Thanks mason dixon.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Mason Dixon Dragway Help - 05/26/20 05:04 PM

Rumor has it there were cars going down the track at Cecil county.
© 2024 Moparts Forums