middle of the country
A
aar1 Offline OP
super stock
aar1  Offline OP
super stock
A

middle of the country
I have a set of 70-71 E-Body Rallye gauges that have a problem. At some point in the cars life, some idiot couldn’t figure out how to remove the knobs from the 2 reset stems so they just used some pinchers to snip the stems off. They are basically cut flush or actually a bit below the face of the woodgrain. Is there a way to repair this? Can those reset stems be replaced without a whole lot of trouble? The gauges are currently not in the car so access isn’t an issue. Thoughts appreciated.

Re: E-Body Rallye gauge question??? [Re: aar1] #276680
04/04/09 02:21 PM
04/04/09 02:21 PM
Toronto (YYZ) Ontario
YYZ Offline
master
YYZ  Offline
master

Toronto (YYZ) Ontario
The short answer is 'yes'.

The clock reset knob is actually attached to a cable that runs to the back of the clock. The cable is now available in reproduction through BE/A Parts and other suppliers.

The stem for the odometer reset is also available - JulesdaWiperman had a batch of them made up, you may also want to try Greg at http://www.rt-eng.com

The knobs themselves and the special barrel nuts to hold them are available from a variety of sources for about $50/pr

Re: E-Body Rallye gauge question??? [Re: YYZ] #276681
04/04/09 03:41 PM
04/04/09 03:41 PM
middle of the country
A
aar1 Offline OP
super stock
aar1  Offline OP
super stock
A

middle of the country
Thanks.......... that's good news. Okay, so the stem for the clock is a no-brainer, but how is the odo reset stem held in? Any special tools or skills needed to replace it?

Re: E-Body Rallye gauge question??? [Re: aar1] #276682
04/04/09 03:45 PM
04/04/09 03:45 PM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Quote:

I have a set of 70-71 E-Body Rallye gauges that have a problem. At some point in the cars life, some idiot couldn’t figure out how to remove the knobs from the 2 reset stems so they just used some pinchers to snip the stems off. They are basically cut flush or actually a bit below the face of the woodgrain. Is there a way to repair this? Can those reset stems be replaced without a whole lot of trouble? The gauges are currently not in the car so access isn’t an issue. Thoughts appreciated.

We are in the process of another production run on the reset cables. We also made the knobs w/barrel nuts.

Re: E-Body Rallye gauge question??? [Re: HEMICUDA] #276683
04/04/09 06:08 PM
04/04/09 06:08 PM
middle of the country
A
aar1 Offline OP
super stock
aar1  Offline OP
super stock
A

middle of the country
Quote:

Quote:

We are in the process of another production run on the reset cables. We also made the knobs w/barrel nuts.

Thanks Mike, I may be hitting you up for another clock cable. Do you have any insight about replacing the trip odo reset stem? Sounds like that will be the only real problem in replacing both stems, since the other one is part of the clock cable.

Re: E-Body Rallye gauge question??? [Re: aar1] #276684
04/05/09 03:52 AM
04/05/09 03:52 AM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Mike, I may be hitting you up for another clock cable. Do you have any insight about replacing the trip odo reset stem? Sounds like that will be the only real problem in replacing both stems, since the other one is part of the clock cable.

That's a problem, I would call Mike Mancini (508-932-1349) and see what he says.