southern Idaho
M
moparcyco Offline OP
super stock
moparcyco  Offline OP
super stock
M

southern Idaho
Hey guys just about to try and start the installation of the headliner and trim for my 69 Super Bee. Is there an assembly order of the interior? I sure wish I had disassembled this car so I knew where everthing went. I have four pieces of trim that appear to surround the headliner. The two side ones are obvious how they go but they should have an "s" clip on them does anyone know how many? I have two clips for each and they appear to have a hole for a screw is this correct?
[Linked Image]

Does anyone have pics of how the trim pieces should look installed? I believe this piece goes in the very front. Correct?
[Linked Image]

And where does this mount?
[Linked Image]

And final question does anyone have a picture of the grip strips that run down the window Just wondering if they are supposed to have a screw holding them besides the clips. Are there supposed to be clips on any of the other pieces? This is a post car if it matters. Thanks guys

Re: Headliner and trim install questions [Re: moparcyco] #2752388
03/15/20 11:37 PM
03/15/20 11:37 PM
A collage of whims
topside Offline
Too Many Posts
topside  Offline
Too Many Posts

A collage of whims
For the side garnish, if you have 3 or 4 S-clips you should be OK as they also use screws. Main thing is about mid-point on the garnish. S-clips should be pretty tight/secure.
I've seen 6 per side on some, as I recall.
The arched garnish in 2nd photo goes above the windshield; install the A-pillar garnish 1st, before that or the side pieces.
Not sure what that 3rd piece is unless it's supposed to be the package tray molding under the back glass, never seen one like that.
There should also be a molding above the back glass, either 1 or 3 (rt, lt, center cap) pieces.
Don't forget about the dome lamp.
Also, coat hooks: you can use a piece of tape hanging down to help locate them, but you can also feel for the screw hole.