12/22/19 11:51 PM
12/22/19 11:51 PM
Calgary, Alberta Canada
a12rag Offline OP
master
a12rag  Offline OP
master

Calgary, Alberta Canada
Gotta wonder about the wagon or 2door, when everyone else seems to be going to CUV and SUVs . . . heck, FCA is killing the Journey for 2020, FWD only, 4cylinder only . . . they squeezed the $$$$ out of that 10yr old platform . . . and rather than evolve it, they are killing it . . .

Re: FCA - Peugeot Merger. . . . [Re: a12rag] #2726355
12/23/19 11:01 AM
12/23/19 11:01 AM
Home
S
SRT6776 Offline
I hate internal combustion engines!
SRT6776  Offline
S

Home
Originally Posted by a12rag
Gotta wonder about the wagon or 2door, when everyone else seems to be going to CUV and SUVs . . . heck, FCA is killing the Journey for 2020, FWD only, 4cylinder only . . . they squeezed the $$$$ out of that 10yr old platform . . . and rather than evolve it, they are killing it . . .

The journey is based on that ancient shared mitsubishi platform (lancer, avenger). If the rumors are true I'll buy its replacement which is going to be a performance rwd/awd CUV available with a 392 hemi. Smaller than a grand cherokee and probably a good 1000lbs lighter. Based on this platform but with all dodge muscle styling and performance

[Linked Image]

Makes sense too, BMW, AMG, Audi, Alfa all make hi performance 500hp small CUV's and Dodge "the performance brand" doesn't even have one. Great only car for us in the north east

https://moparinsiders.com/dodge-is-working-on-a-new-performance-uv-to-replace-journey/

Last edited by 4263rdGen; 12/23/19 11:05 AM.
Re: FCA - Peugeot Merger. . . . [Re: SRT6776] #2726373
12/23/19 12:54 PM
12/23/19 12:54 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline
master

Highland, MI.
The "DS7" & the "508GT" look attractive - there's no doubt about it. Remember the Fireball XL-5? DS7 & 508GT still don't tell me a damn thing about what or who they are - I'm going to have to assume they are Peugeots?

But as an oversight here, what we have now is a huge car company that is & has been for the past 20+ years been a bouncing ball, a moving target. It gets sold over & over again to the highest bidder, each one grooming it as soon as they acquire it, for a planned future sale. They strip it down, lean it out, & harvest the millions or billions as soon as they can. They have no commitment to the employees OR the vehicles, or the country of origin. They are designed to benefit (financially of course) the handful of top schemers & screw the rest of the people. Hell, they will probably next time around be bought by a bank or investment group. Well, they are basically now owned by an investment group. Like earlier stated in this thread, we are buying a name badge without ANY ties to the heritage & history of what Chrysler & Dodge once were. This is the way so many big companies are going anymore, & it NEVER ends well - NEVER.

Last edited by Sunroofcuda; 12/23/19 12:55 PM.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified
Re: FCA - Peugeot Merger. . . . [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2726393
12/23/19 02:03 PM
12/23/19 02:03 PM
Home
S
SRT6776 Offline
SRT6776  Offline
S

Home
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
The "DS7" & the "508GT" look attractive - there's no doubt about it. Remember the Fireball XL-5? DS7 & 508GT still don't tell me a damn thing about what or who they are - I'm going to have to assume they are Peugeots?

But as an oversight here, what we have now is a huge car company that is & has been for the past 20+ years been a bouncing ball, a moving target. It gets sold over & over again to the highest bidder, each one grooming it as soon as they acquire it, for a planned future sale. They strip it down, lean it out, & harvest the millions or billions as soon as they can. They have no commitment to the employees OR the vehicles, or the country of origin. They are designed to benefit (financially of course) the handful of top schemers & screw the rest of the people. Hell, they will probably next time around be bought by a bank or investment group. Well, they are basically now owned by an investment group. Like earlier stated in this thread, we are buying a name badge without ANY ties to the heritage & history of what Chrysler & Dodge once were. This is the way so many big companies are going anymore, & it NEVER ends well - NEVER.

They had a stab at taking it back in 2007 when cerberus bought it before the recession took care of that. All their profits are still from Ram, Jeep and Dodge sold in north america so if they had been able to pull it off they could have been ok. Thats just hindsight being 20/20 though, Fiat poured a lot of money into design and interiors which helped their resurgence. The 2011 charger and grand cherokee were still pretty bleak from cerberus, 2011 charger had 4 boring square tail lights and a cheap interior still, Fiat added extras and the racetrack lights etc. They added a bunch of stuff to the 2011 grand cherokee too.

Fiats biggest blunder was sinking billions they didn't have into Alfa which has been a huge flop.

Re: FCA - Peugeot Merger. . . . [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2726935
12/25/19 10:52 PM
12/25/19 10:52 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda

Anyone who is loyal to or a fan of Mopar or DCP based on past glory days, the history, the engineering and innovation, the cars of the 60's and 70's, is loyal to a ghost. That company has been dead for many years. What there is now has no ties to any of that, no loyalty, no commitment, and they don't care about you or your Dart, Duster, Super Bee or whatever. You may as well be loyal to that ex who's on her third husband after dumping you.

Enjoy your car, support the aftermarket that is still involved, buy a diesel Ram or Challenger if you want, but the Chrysler Corp. that built your Swinger is long gone.

Saw Larry Shepard at PRI this year. I thought that was nice, brought back some memories of when he was a regular at the races and such. The good old days.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: FCA - Peugeot Merger. . . . [Re: CMcAllister] #2727338
12/27/19 11:47 AM
12/27/19 11:47 AM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
I was hired at FCA engineering in 2011. We had roughly 8000 employees at the Auburn Hills tech center. Now there is close to 15,000. Profit sharing has gone up every year. I would say the last merger wasn't a bad thing. We don't fear his one either.
Doug

Re: FCA - Peugeot Merger. . . . [Re: dvw] #2727471
12/27/19 07:04 PM
12/27/19 07:04 PM
Home
S
SRT6776 Offline
SRT6776  Offline
S

Home
Originally Posted by dvw
I was hired at FCA engineering in 2011. We had roughly 8000 employees at the Auburn Hills tech center. Now there is close to 15,000. Profit sharing has gone up every year. I would say the last merger wasn't a bad thing. We don't fear his one either.
Doug

Heard cerberus had carved out entire departments and really gutted engineering leading up to the bankruptcy filing. Glad to hear things are back to normal, I imagine it takes years/decade to replace thousands of engineers.

Re: FCA - Peugeot Merger. . . . [Re: SRT6776] #2730320
01/05/20 03:29 PM
01/05/20 03:29 PM
Lake Orion, MI
goldduster318 Offline
pro stock
goldduster318  Offline
pro stock

Lake Orion, MI
Originally Posted by 4263rdGen
Originally Posted by a12rag

The journey is based on that ancient shared mitsubishi platform (lancer, avenger). If the rumors are true I'll buy its replacement which is going to be a performance rwd/awd CUV available with a 392 hemi. Smaller than a grand cherokee and probably a good 1000lbs lighter. Based on this platform but with all dodge muscle styling and performance

Makes sense too, BMW, AMG, Audi, Alfa all make hi performance 500hp small CUV's and Dodge "the performance brand" doesn't even have one. Great only car for us in the north east

https://moparinsiders.com/dodge-is-working-on-a-new-performance-uv-to-replace-journey/

Hopefully with completely different wiring and powertrain than the Guilia/Stelvio, they are a total reliability nightmare, worse than the TIPM equipped vehicles. My employer has one of each for demonstrating technology and the things we haven't touched break all the time.

I hope they do something good - not much investment outside of Rams and Jeeps in many years.

'70 Duster 470hp 340/T56 Magnum/8 3/4 3.23 Sure-Grip
Page 2 of 2 1 2