Alexandria, LA
B
Blucuda413 Offline OP
master
Blucuda413  Offline OP
master
B

Alexandria, LA
It's been almost 60 yrs since I drove a race car with a mechanical FI system and going to try again but was wondering what the typical driving profile is with a modern hat? Car is blown smallblock with a Hilborn Bugcatcher Hat using E85. In the shutdown area: 1- Do you let off the gas and let the engine do most of the slowdown, 2- Do you shift to neutral and let the engine idle to depart the track or 3- Do you shift to neutral and click off the engine until you exit the track then do you restart to drive back to your pit or do you get towed back to the pits?? If you do something not above what is your profile after crossing the finish line??

Re: Driving with a mechanical FI hat?? [Re: Blucuda413] #2708290
10/19/19 10:36 AM
10/19/19 10:36 AM
America
WedgeFED Offline
enthusiast
WedgeFED  Offline
enthusiast

America
I always shut off the fuel and pull chutes at the stripe, tow back. This is a N/A on alky dragster thou. If you shut off the fuel at the stripe, starting and driving back will not be easy as for it will suck some fuel out of the nozzles on shut down. Im sure everyone is a little different. You could turn fuel on before you turn off track I would think to bring engine back to life if driving back is what you need to do. I think my father lets his car stay running in the shut down, not sure as I am at the starting line, maybe he will chime in.