08/07/19 11:32 AM
08/07/19 11:32 AM
Loves Park, IL
H
HotRodRailroader Offline OP
HotRodRailroader  Offline OP
H

Loves Park, IL
I'm going from power drum to manual disc on my 69 RR. I got the new pushrod but seems to be 3 inches too long. Does it attach right to the pedal eliminating the other pieces of linkage? If so what to I hook the spring up to so the pedal returns? I do have the manual firewall bravket/stiffener so clearance isnt an issue bit it seems like the pushrod sits high and too long. Please help I want to get the car going today or tomorrow!

Re: Manual brake linkage [Re: HotRodRailroader] #2685305
08/07/19 11:41 AM
08/07/19 11:41 AM
BC Canada
O
ogopogo Offline
top fuel
ogopogo  Offline
top fuel
O

BC Canada
you can check the lengths of the pushrods if you go to brewers website,they sell pushrods and have the lengths listed,

Re: Manual brake linkage [Re: HotRodRailroader] #2685308
08/07/19 11:51 AM
08/07/19 11:51 AM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
Does it attach right to the pedal eliminating the other pieces of linkage? If so what to I hook the spring up to so the pedal returns?
(1) yes (2) no spring needed cuz the M/C internal spring does the return. EDIT confirm that your MC choice has the circular recess in the rear piston "thimble" for the pushrod & piece of neoprene retainer (that slips on the pushrod recess behind the end rounded nub) to lock into & if you do not have the neoprene piece a snip of vac line from your parts house works fine. The ones that come with some MC's have a shallow notch lengthwise in it & not sure if that is to let air excape as you lock it into the thimble groove or if it is just a mfr thing that happens when they cut it.

Last edited by RapidRobert; 08/07/19 12:01 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth
Re: Manual brake linkage [Re: HotRodRailroader] #2685322
08/07/19 12:17 PM
08/07/19 12:17 PM
Loves Park, IL
H
HotRodRailroader Offline OP
HotRodRailroader  Offline OP
H

Loves Park, IL
Thanks for all the help once again!

Re: Manual brake linkage [Re: RapidRobert] #2685418
08/07/19 05:25 PM
08/07/19 05:25 PM
northwest USA
N
NANKET Offline
master
NANKET  Offline
master
N

northwest USA
Originally Posted by RapidRobert
Does it attach right to the pedal eliminating the other pieces of linkage? If so what to I hook the spring up to so the pedal returns?
(1) yes (2) no spring needed cuz the M/C internal spring does the return. EDIT confirm that your MC choice has the circular recess in the rear piston "thimble" for the pushrod & piece of neoprene retainer (that slips on the pushrod recess behind the end rounded nub) to lock into & if you do not have the neoprene piece a snip of vac line from your parts house works fine. The ones that come with some MC's have a shallow notch lengthwise in it & not sure if that is to let air excape as you lock it into the thimble groove or if it is just a mfr thing that happens when they cut it.

Folks, please think before you follow advice from Internet forums.

Robert, you are giving out bad advice again.

That notch down the side has a specific purpose, do you know what it is? It’s not there on accident.

Get the correct piece for the job, this is a brake system. Have you seen what happens when the pushrod comes out of the master Cylinder? It’s dangerous.

Re: Manual brake linkage [Re: NANKET] #2685559
08/07/19 11:17 PM
08/07/19 11:17 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
I forgot to add that I make that groove on a snip of vac hose when the MC does not come with it & I have one I keep for reference & I get em identical. what bad advice? I'll correct/make it right if I can.

Re: Manual brake linkage [Re: NANKET] #2686161
08/09/19 10:32 PM
08/09/19 10:32 PM
Martinsville, IN
C
cdwmotorsports Offline
pro stock
cdwmotorsports  Offline
pro stock
C

Martinsville, IN
Originally Posted by NANKET
Originally Posted by RapidRobert

Folks, please think before you follow advice from Internet forums.

Robert, you are giving out bad advice again.

That notch down the side has a specific purpose, do you know what it is? It’s not there on accident.

Get the correct piece for the job, this is a brake system. Have you seen what happens when the pushrod comes out of the master Cylinder? It’s dangerous.

Nanket, I’m not saying you or Robert are correct or not as I don’t know, however it would make sense to me that if you know/think someone is giving incorrect info that you would and should sub,it correct info instead of just saying someone is incorrect.

Last edited by cdwmotorsports; 08/09/19 10:32 PM.

eBay-cdwmotorsports
Re: Manual brake linkage [Re: cdwmotorsports] #2686183
08/09/19 11:06 PM
08/09/19 11:06 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
I duplicate that groove to where it looks overall identical to the ones that come with M/C's (I keep one for a reference) & I have done it maybe 6 times & the pushrod has always without a doubt stayed locked solid. I ain't grasping what you are seeing that is wrong with this advice/solution. Show me where the problem is & I will rectify my advice on this particular subject.