Print Thread
71 Cuda' door glass track guide question #2668493
06/21/19 07:46 PM
06/21/19 07:46 PM
Akron, ohio
76orangewagon Offline OP
76orangewagon  Offline OP

Akron, ohio
I bought all new ECS glass for my 1971 Cuda and am having some issues with finding the correct hardware like on my old glass, My car has guides with spring style nuts on the back side (first pic) to hold everything together but since some of my plastic pieces are worn I bought a new kit (second Pic) with all the plastic parts but its totally different from what my car has. I checked with a few friends who have restored an E body or two and they said they never saw my set up before. I checked out my service parts guide (pics three and four) and it seems to only show the other style (not like mine). Will the new parts work like my old set up, Any pictures of the other set up installed will help. Thanks Moparts.

IMG_9969.JPGdoor glass hardware.jpgIMG_0096.JPGIMG_0097.JPG
Re: 71 Cuda' door glass track guide question [Re: 76orangewagon] #2668909
06/23/19 01:48 AM
06/23/19 01:48 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by 76orangewagon
I bought all new ECS glass for my 1971 Cuda and am having some issues with finding the correct hardware like on my old glass, My car has guides with spring style nuts on the back side (first pic) to hold everything together but since some of my plastic pieces are worn I bought a new kit (second Pic) with all the plastic parts but its totally different from what my car has. I checked with a few friends who have restored an E body or two and they said they never saw my set up before. I checked out my service parts guide (pics three and four) and it seems to only show the other style (not like mine). Will the new parts work like my old set up, Any pictures of the other set up installed will help. Thanks Moparts.

Early years didn't even use those green/white-discs types. They used a roller type.
Depends on width of front track uprights.

DSCN3503.jpgDSCN3504.jpg