Mansfield,Ohio
B
Brandon70cuda Offline OP
enthusiast
Brandon70cuda  Offline OP
enthusiast
B

Mansfield,Ohio
While looking thru old posts about electric water pumps someone had the idea of using an auxiliary pump and keeping the mech pump. So it got me to wondering if it would work?

I've seen water heaters that go inline in your heater hose that are supose to pump and heat your water/engine to help in cold climates etc. Then I started thinking sb's have a bypass hose which sounds like a good place for a pump.

So which would work best if either of them would work at all? Pump in the heater hose or plumbing it in the bypass hose?

I'll be the first to admit I know next to nothing about small blocks and I can't seem to work out in my mind whether the mech pump would stop the electric pump from doing any good at all or not.

I've thought about running a water pump drive and switching pulleys/belts but I can see that getting old after about the 2nd time having to change it in the rain. Plus worrying about the $300+ bolt in electric pump dying and leaving me on the side of the road doesn't sound like fun, I realize they don't die often but I know my luck.

Re: auxiliary remote water pump for street/strip sb? [Re: Brandon70cuda] #261530
03/23/09 11:34 PM
03/23/09 11:34 PM
Mansfield,Ohio
B
Brandon70cuda Offline OP
enthusiast
Brandon70cuda  Offline OP
enthusiast
B

Mansfield,Ohio
Nobody wants to touch this one?