11/24/17 05:06 AM
11/24/17 05:06 AM
SoCal
MuuMuu101 Offline OP
I got lucky at Woodward!
MuuMuu101  Offline OP
I got lucky at Woodward!

SoCal
So, the driver's side window in my '68 Dart fell off the track, again, a couple weeks ago. I've had problem with this window since I got the car. The door was originally from a '69 or newer car since the lock is moved forward and there were no holes for the GT trim when I first got it (drilled them myself).

I was going to fix this in December but I had a couple of questions. My window used to have a clear plastic lining that went between the window and the tracks (toward the front of the door). My friend and I, while working on the car many years ago, removed it all because it was jamming the window. Also, we noticed that there's holes in the glass for a pin or roller to keep the window on the track. Well, my car never came with them so I always ended up pulling the glass up with one hand as I cranked with the other hand and then shimmying the window into place. Is there a kit or a way where I can find these parts to fit on my car? I take it the FSM has instructions to replace these? I honestly haven't checked it, yet.

Also, since I'm already going to be in the door cavity, are there any good universal electric window conversion kits available for our Mopars? Now that I have my roll cage, I can't roll down/up the windows while I'm driving as the crank is bound by the side roll bars.

If they're available, I'd like to order parts ASAP so I can work on this project during my school break/vacation in December. Thanks for all your help and all advice is appreciated!

P.S. Since I have to shimmy the window in place so I don't have a problem with the window interfering with the roof, I have a feeling I'm going to have a door alignment problem.

Re: A-body Window Track Parts and Universal Electric Window Kit [Re: MuuMuu101] #2408168
11/24/17 10:48 AM
11/24/17 10:48 AM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy

Last edited by Rhinodart; 11/24/17 10:50 AM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: A-body Window Track Parts and Universal Electric Window Kit [Re: MuuMuu101] #2408203
11/24/17 12:34 PM
11/24/17 12:34 PM
Maryland
M
MoparMike1974 Offline
enthusiast
MoparMike1974  Offline
enthusiast
M

Maryland
I bought an electric window kit for my swinger from classic industries. It will be a while before I can install it but it appears like it should work and install easily. I did a quick test fit and it lined up on my door.
On these old regulators you need to go through the whole thing and replace all the worn parts. If one roller is shot it can cause all kinds of trouble. I like the electric kit because it eliminates a good portion of the factory parts.