07/12/17 03:50 PM
Hot Rod Ridge
FastmOp Offline
master
FastmOp  Offline
master

Hot Rod Ridge
Originally Posted By WedgeFED
Nothing here yet...kinda expected thou due to solid block, low deck, lifter bushings. Not exactly what they would like to build but that is what I paid for.

I got a new billet BAE block for less. But it don't have water jackets

What did you get from BAE and what did it cost if I may ask???

No, I didn't get it from BAE but it was new in the box for $6500
Standard deck, standard lifters, 4.375 bore

Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: FastmOp] #2336010
07/12/17 04:37 PM
07/12/17 04:37 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Online work
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Online Work
"Little"John

PA.
I see some of you guys know VERY little about building a business. talk is cheap but getting one up and running isn't especially if you start out in the hole to begin with. The new investors owed nothing to those that got screwed over by the past owner, but they are trying to do the right thing and slowly filling those orders as money to do so is available. Give the guys a chance fellows. A delay is way better than no hope at all. After all how long has it been since the first pour under the new owners hit the mold???

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: The Shadow] #2336040
07/12/17 05:40 PM
07/12/17 05:40 PM
P
Porter67 Offline
master
Porter67  Offline
master
P

Companies come out with new products and blocks all the time, if they are good they sell themselves just by quality.

Forced edit.

Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: The Shadow] #2336049
07/12/17 05:58 PM
07/12/17 05:58 PM
northern,Ohio,USA
C
Clanton Offline
master
Clanton  Offline
master
C

northern,Ohio,USA
He was more than happy to come here on his 1st post and advertise blocks.Years ago I started the Koleno 440 info post and had a lot more info that was provided to me then to you.

Last edited by Clanton; 07/12/17 06:08 PM.

GOTBOOST!New improved with Victor heads.
http://www.enginelabs.com/mopar-big-bloc...t-of-necessity/
Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: pittsburghracer] #2336063
07/12/17 06:17 PM
07/12/17 06:17 PM
Duloc
T
The Shadow Offline OP
top fuel
The Shadow  Offline OP
top fuel
T

Duloc
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
I see some of you guys know VERY little about building a business. talk is cheap but getting one up and running isn't especially if you start out in the hole to begin with. The new investors owed nothing to those that got screwed over by the past owner, but they are trying to do the right thing and slowly filling those orders as money to do so is available. Give the guys a chance fellows. A delay is way better than no hope at all. After all how long has it been since the first pour under the new owners hit the mold???

Someone who gets it work

Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: The Shadow] #2336076
07/12/17 06:39 PM
07/12/17 06:39 PM
So. Burlington, Vt.
F
fast68plymouth Offline
I Live Here
fast68plymouth  Offline
I Live Here
F

So. Burlington, Vt.
Frankly, I'm glad I have no plans in the works where I'd need one of those blocks.

With the way things are in the high hp Mopar world these days, if I were looking for 1000hp...... I'd just build a BBC........ Where I could get a new American made Brodix tall deck Siamesed bore iron block with .903 lifter bores for $1995 from Jegs.
And with the money I had left over from not buying a KB block I'd be able to afford a set of assembled SR20 heads.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads
Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: The Shadow] #2336082
07/12/17 06:48 PM
07/12/17 06:48 PM
Alberta
Wookie316 Offline
enthusiast
Wookie316  Offline
enthusiast

Alberta
^^^^Agree^^^^^

1971 Plum Crazy Super Bee. 572 World Aluminum block with a Cope 727 & Dana 4.10 out back. 9.88 @ 138 with a 1.35 60 NA. Dialed back to 10.0’s. 4000 lbs with me in it.
Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: fast68plymouth] #2336119
07/12/17 07:43 PM
07/12/17 07:43 PM
Canada
WO23Coronet Offline
master
WO23Coronet  Offline
master

Canada
Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Frankly, I'm glad I have no plans in the works where I'd need one of those blocks.

With the way things are in the high hp Mopar world these days, if I were looking for 1000hp...... I'd just build a BBC........ Where I could get a new American made Brodix tall deck Siamesed bore iron block with .903 lifter bores for $1995 from Jegs.
And with the money I had left over from not buying a KB block I'd be able to afford a set of assembled SR20 heads.

I begrudgingly agree. For that HP level it would be hard not to jump ship

Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: fast68plymouth] #2336127
07/12/17 07:56 PM
07/12/17 07:56 PM
North America
K
kwikblownhemi Offline
kwikblownhemi  Offline
K

North America
Originally Posted By fast68plymouth

I couldn't agree more, Dewayne. I have a friend who owns a super nice Mopar roller that could utilize some serious horsepower. I suggested he put a Chevy engine in it and keep the hood down.

Just to be clear, all my cars are Mopars including one I have owned 46 years, one 43 and one 42. Nonetheless, 90% of the cars that come through my shop are Brand X. The reason they are more popular is widely debated. I have my thoughts, but that's not why I am here.

EV2Bird, I know nothing of the situation re: your two friends who have gotten neither blocks nor money. Here is what I do know: The block I posted the picture of earlier is mine. It was ordered a long time ago and I too never thought I would receive one. I can tell you that there are people working to make things right. What that will mean for your friends? I don't know. Have they talked to anyone who actually knows what is going on?

I have purposely avoided this thread because there seem to be a lot of people who have or had no skin in the game yet seem to know the score.

Everyone is entitled to his or her own INFORMED opinion. I would suggest that anyone who has a serious interest contact Todd and leave the internet experts to their keyboards.

As for Ken, I agree with your assessment of him and his actions. I spent much time on the phone with him until he stopped answering. I don't know who, if anyone on this thread has made excuses for him. I certainly won't. But that's water under the bridge; the new owners didn't have to do anything. And the conclusion I reached after extensive research I did more than a year ago was that Ken could have filed bankruptcy again and there would be no new owners to try to satisfy unfilled orders.

My post isn't intended to anger or pacify anyone. Someone had questioned if a Moparts member had received a block. The answer is yes. There is nothing more I can factually add, so I will leave it at that.

Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: The Shadow] #2336135
07/12/17 08:11 PM
07/12/17 08:11 PM
P
Porter67 Offline
master
Porter67  Offline
master
P

Someone had questioned if a Moparts member had received a block. The answer is yes.

Thank you for posting that, it goes along way to many im sure.

I do know my one friend has contacted one of the new guys, not fully sure on the other.

I do know if I bounce a $100 check im in trouble, it just seems very odd so much money and so many blocks and it seems no one is one the hook for anything.

Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: fast68plymouth] #2336141
07/12/17 08:21 PM
07/12/17 08:21 PM
Massillon, Ohio
C
cudatom Offline
super stock
cudatom  Offline
super stock
C

Massillon, Ohio
I understand what you are saying but the BB Chevy Brodix Block isnt as cheap as you think. From what I see on Summits site they are $5300-7450(maybe Brodix has a less block but I didnt see one listed) this price is comp to KB but the benefit is you KNOW you will get one. So yeah it would be easier to go BB Chevy because you know the product is available.

I have had the money set back for a KB block for a long time. But did not order due to problems I read about. When I know they are being delivered consistently I will order one. Until then I will play at a much lower power level. The Cuda still needs lots of wk and I can play with other toys. I just hope everyone that paid for a block eventually gets what they ordered.

Ok
Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: The Shadow] #2336164
07/12/17 09:31 PM
07/12/17 09:31 PM
Nevada
M
merpar Offline
enthusiast
merpar  Offline
enthusiast
M

Nevada
Looks like some pacifiers got spit out. As for all the replies Mr. Alguire has more business sense than most. Pitt racer, do you have money in this venture? Doubt it, ANYONE investing the kind of money that was invested in KB racing have to have a little business sense. And obviously they do. You don't buy into any company without knowing all about debts owed. Then pricing your buy in accordingly. That means deducting debts from the buy in price up front. I guarantee this transaction took place accordingly. So the blocks paid for are owed by law. By the owners of KB racing. If Ken had filed for bankruptcy, would be a different story. So there you have a little more than 2 cents worth.
Don't know you Mr. Alguire, but hope to meet you some day. You're a good person.

Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: merpar] #2336174
07/12/17 09:51 PM
07/12/17 09:51 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Online work
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Online Work
"Little"John

PA.
So you would buy into a mopar only based company and before making a dollar profit reach into your own pocket again paying off past dept from a previous owner. Ya that would work. Lmao

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: The Shadow] #2336177
07/12/17 09:55 PM
07/12/17 09:55 PM
So. Burlington, Vt.
F
fast68plymouth Offline
I Live Here
fast68plymouth  Offline
I Live Here
F

So. Burlington, Vt.
Quote:
I couldn't agree more, Dwayne. I have a friend who owns a super nice Mopar roller that could utilize some serious horsepower. I suggested he put a Chevy engine in it and keep the hood down.

Keep the hood closed?? Naahh.
Use big chief style heads, have the valve covers engraved with a Mopar logo, use a jesel belt drive with the belt drive distributor........ Tell everyone it's a Predator motor.

Or better yet, a "Gen 2" Predator motor.

It wouldn't be any worse than the 2010 Challenger that was in Drag Week with the turbo LS motor in it.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads
Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: The Shadow] #2336187
07/12/17 10:17 PM
07/12/17 10:17 PM
Hot Rod Ridge
FastmOp Offline
master
FastmOp  Offline
master

Hot Rod Ridge
And you will get drug by a Hemi. That's why Birdman pulled that chevy based junk and went Hemi. You can't beat em.

I got a 2.600 intake valve in a 4.375 bore. Lmfao. Y'all should know but you dont. The ultimate drag race motor is still the Hemi.

Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: The Shadow] #2336223
07/12/17 11:09 PM
07/12/17 11:09 PM
North Carolina
sasquatch Offline
master
sasquatch  Offline
master

North Carolina
Hey how about all you guys come to Carlisle this weeekend in space E107 to E111 and see one of these blocks in person for yourselves. WHY do moparts members think that they are the whole mopar universe? PEOPLE are getting blocks. I can tell everyone here that I personally have shipped 5 in the last couple months/ Just because I am not here everyday getting yelled at for all of the free advertising we are getting does not mean squat. Hey I am a Moparts member, heck I even help sponsor the board. Have for years. I just loaded it in the trailer for Carlisle. Do I count? Anyone here want to see my Moparts membership card?
As far as the legal crap is involved, I have said repeatedly that I totally get the level of frustration that is out there among customers with owed blocks. That list is shrinking by the day. A good many of these blocks are total custom jobs which are difficult to do under any circumstances. It is not like the new owner just got handed the keys to a great running business.There were numerous issues that had to be resolved which has been chronicled here at length. I can personally vouch for knowledge of at least 15 to 20 blocks that have left KB in the last few weeks and NO all of them did not go to pre existing orders. A good many have. Tim has some,Ray has some, and I have some. Come see one in living color for yourselves. Most of the people that have gotten one (INCLUDING a member here) have given STRICT instructions NOT to give out any information on him or his location. Just because no one is on here waving the arms and shouting LOOK at me!!!!! Does not mean anything. The website (still under construction) is up as well as the facebook page with nearly constant updates. Check them out for yourselves.
Sorry if I seem a little miffed but I have had my head caved in for the last 6 months on this and the guys are running as fast as they can after every issue. There have been more blocks shipped in the last 60 days than the last 3 years combined. If we try to explain things people say oh your just making excuses and if we do not try then we are hiding somehow. MY phone rings almost daily asking about them. COME AND SEE ONE.
Todd

Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: The Shadow] #2336410
07/13/17 10:41 AM
07/13/17 10:41 AM
Abilene, Texas
F
fastmark Offline
master
fastmark  Offline
master
F

Abilene, Texas
Good response Todd, keep hitting it on those blocks. I think you guys did a big service to us Mopar guys. It takes time on a messed up deal like this. I'm in your corner.

Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: sasquatch] #2336454
07/13/17 12:48 PM
07/13/17 12:48 PM
London, England
mopar_mark Offline
super stock
mopar_mark  Offline
super stock

London, England
Originally Posted By sasquatch
Hey how about all you guys come to Carlisle this weeekend in space E107 to E111 and see one of these blocks in person for yourselves. WHY do moparts members think that they are the whole mopar universe? PEOPLE are getting blocks. I can tell everyone here that I personally have shipped 5 in the last couple months/ Just because I am not here everyday getting yelled at for all of the free advertising we are getting does not mean squat. Hey I am a Moparts member, heck I even help sponsor the board. Have for years. I just loaded it in the trailer for Carlisle. Do I count? Anyone here want to see my Moparts membership card?
As far as the legal crap is involved, I have said repeatedly that I totally get the level of frustration that is out there among customers with owed blocks. That list is shrinking by the day. A good many of these blocks are total custom jobs which are difficult to do under any circumstances. It is not like the new owner just got handed the keys to a great running business.There were numerous issues that had to be resolved which has been chronicled here at length. I can personally vouch for knowledge of at least 15 to 20 blocks that have left KB in the last few weeks and NO all of them did not go to pre existing orders. A good many have. Tim has some,Ray has some, and I have some. Come see one in living color for yourselves. Most of the people that have gotten one (INCLUDING a member here) have given STRICT instructions NOT to give out any information on him or his location. Just because no one is on here waving the arms and shouting LOOK at me!!!!! Does not mean anything. The website (still under construction) is up as well as the facebook page with nearly constant updates. Check them out for yourselves.
Sorry if I seem a little miffed but I have had my head caved in for the last 6 months on this and the guys are running as fast as they can after every issue. There have been more blocks shipped in the last 60 days than the last 3 years combined. If we try to explain things people say oh your just making excuses and if we do not try then we are hiding somehow. MY phone rings almost daily asking about them. COME AND SEE ONE.
Todd

I only know Tim in this deal & have not spoken to him for a couple of years, but I know he is a hard working & honest guy. I think it's fantastic that they grouped together & started producing KB's again.

I'm know it is frustrating if you had a pre existing order which was not delivered, but at least now it will be fulfilled. Yes, it won't be straight away, but thinking rationally, its understandable as any business needs income & profit before they can start taking losses.

If I had of known this business plan was in place & not gone another route. I would of ordered another KB without hesitation.

Thanks to all involved ...

PS
I bet folks who have block orders with Muscle Motors, would love a similar deal to happen........

Last edited by mopar_mark; 07/13/17 12:52 PM.
Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: The Shadow] #2336458
07/13/17 12:55 PM
07/13/17 12:55 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Todd, I will be in Carlisle actually. I also already have two blocks but plan to stop by anyway smile And I agree with all of what you said. Many people on Moparts definitely tend to think they ARE the Mopar world. When we all know this is but a very small percentage of the Mopar people out there.

Oh yeah for the record I have been involved with the acquisition of three different businesses and have another planned for late next year. So I feel fairly good that I have a grasp on partnerships, and business sales. Just stating my opinion and maybe some of this has not been handled from a PR perspective in possibly the best manner..

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Keith Black blocks are flowing [Re: mopar_mark] #2336461
07/13/17 12:58 PM
07/13/17 12:58 PM
The Pale Blue Dot
Skeptic Offline
master
Skeptic  Offline
master

The Pale Blue Dot
I DO NOT have a dog in this fight, but this line "There have been more blocks shipped in the last 60 days than the last 3 years combined." is very impressive to me. Add to that a more modern casting technique that cuts down on scrap, very impressive indeed. KB has been foundering for years and could have easily gone BK. Then all the people on the "waiting list" would be lucky to get pennies on the dollar.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10