03/25/17 10:48 AM
03/25/17 10:48 AM
quebec canada
P
pitbull71 Offline OP
pitbull71  Offline OP
P

quebec canada
Hi I am just bought a 1970 cuda in need of a full restoration and I am looking for a restoration guide that tells me what exact color everything goes but I can't seem to find one.
Please if anyone knows of a restoration guide that tells me what color everything goes please let me know what it is called and where I can buy it.
Thanks anthony.

Re: E Body restoration guide [Re: pitbull71] #2275989
03/25/17 02:17 PM
03/25/17 02:17 PM
Crook County, ILL
Mastershake340 Offline
master
Mastershake340  Offline
master

Crook County, ILL
I'm not 100% sure what you are referring to with "color". If you are trying to figure out which color wire in a wiring harness goes where, the factory service manual is what you need.
I am not aware of an E body Restoration guide that's very helpful. Dave Wise is considered to be one of the most knowledgeable experts out there these days and he's put out an E body judging guidelines book. I don't own a copy nor have I seen it, but I have little doubt there is a ton of useful info in it.
ICCA Books
I do have an earlier edition of the E body fastener book and used it a lot last year while putting my T/A restoration together, and it was super helpful.
The restoration shop that painted my car did several things wrong which when I brought it up, told me "Dave Wises book said that's how it should be" and I had to send pictures and in one case ask experts here on Moparts to convince him I was correct.
Haven't seen the book so I can't say if they do have some incorrect data or if the shop was trying to deflect blame for their mistakes. I lean toward thinking the latter. rolleyes
And asking questions here and on cuda-challenger.com was an invaluable resource for my restoration, tribal knowledge is still the best resource when doing Mopar restorations! up

Check out my car show and cruise photo albums here: Show Pics
Seeking info on a Mr Norms sold T/A VIN JH23J0B308737. Does it still exist?
Re: E Body restoration guide [Re: pitbull71] #2275995
03/25/17 02:32 PM
03/25/17 02:32 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
No two cars are exactly the same, so your car is the best reference you have.

It was there when it was made, so it is the only on site witness available.