02/09/09 08:38 PM
02/09/09 08:38 PM
nova scotia
E
eh!12 Offline OP
eh!12  Offline OP
E

nova scotia
i am in the process of restoring a numbers matching 69 1/2 bee.april 26 car .original block says 1.20.69 date code on block.what gives ? i thought 1 month ahead production was the norm not 3 mths!

Re: very early block. [Re: eh!12] #219453
02/09/09 08:48 PM
02/09/09 08:48 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
In terms of "normal", it means little, it's just a guideline. If the numbers match and it's authentic it should be fine.

Re: very early block. [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #219454
02/09/09 09:59 PM
02/09/09 09:59 PM
Lansing, MI
70gtx440dana Offline
master
70gtx440dana  Offline
master

Lansing, MI
If you are referring to the cast date on the side of the block several months ahead of the SPD is common. If you are referring to the engine assembly date that is stamped near the distributor the date is normally fairly close to the SPD on your fender tag. However, we all no there are exceptions to these general assumptions.

70 Road Runner 383-4 4 speed FJ5 & black guts
70 Charger R/T 440-4 4 speed FJ5 & white guts
Re: very early block. [Re: 70gtx440dana] #219455
02/10/09 10:34 AM
02/10/09 10:34 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

If you are referring to the cast date on the side of the block several months ahead of the SPD is common. If you are referring to the engine assembly date that is stamped near the distributor the date is normally fairly close to the SPD on your fender tag. However, we all no there are exceptions to these general assumptions.

What he said , is that the casting date or the engine assembly date ??? If it's the engine assembly date I would be questioning the validity of the # matching claim on a 4/26 build car as the car as you can narrow down the ACTUAL build of the car and you will more than likely find the car was built even later .

If it's the casting date then it's fine , inventory control was not done very well .

Re: very early block. [Re: JohnRR] #219456
02/10/09 10:47 AM
02/10/09 10:47 AM
Atlanta Indiana
D
Dave Watt Offline
master
Dave Watt  Offline
master
D

Atlanta Indiana
Assembly date of January I would question, January cast date would be OK. The casting plant would have produced thousands of blocks, it's possible to get shoved to the back and not used for a few months.

Re: very early block. [Re: Dave Watt] #219457
02/10/09 12:50 PM
02/10/09 12:50 PM
Alabama
BigMoneyLewis Offline
master
BigMoneyLewis  Offline
master

Alabama
The first thing to keep in mind is that your car was not built on April 26. 4/26 Is one of 2 "scheduled" production dates that all A12 M code B bodies carried . But the car could have been built several weeks in either direction.
For example , the 1970 A13 B body Superbirds were built between October and December 1969, but ALL of them have an SPD of November 30 (B30).
Back to your car , I'd say a late Jan casting date is right about where it should be.
Now, what is your engine assembly date found on the pad by dist.
It should be probably March-April

Greg

Wards Classic Car Radio Repair Specializing in restoration and sales of Mopar A B E body radios
We can restore YOUR radio usually in less than 7 days
Visit our NEW website..
http://www.wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com
gregward@mchsi.com
phone 256-852-0955

gregward@mchsi.com phone 256-852-0955
Re: very early block. [Re: Dave Watt] #219458
02/10/09 01:40 PM
02/10/09 01:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Assembly date of January I would question, January cast date would be OK. The casting plant would have produced thousands of blocks, it's possible to get shoved to the back and not used for a few months.

But the same holds true for an engine that is already assembled and on the "shelf" at the assembly plant. They were not concerned with stock rotation, especially in the middle of the model year. Stranger things have happened.

Re: very early block. #219459
02/10/09 04:51 PM
02/10/09 04:51 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

But the same holds true for an engine that is already assembled and on the "shelf" at the assembly plant. They were not concerned with stock rotation, especially in the middle of the model year. Stranger things have happened.

I can see that on a 318 or a 383 ., but we are talking a limited production model here ...

Oh wait , this fits in with the rest of the FRAUD you PROMOTE

Re: very early block. [Re: JohnRR] #219460
02/10/09 06:29 PM
02/10/09 06:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I can see that on a 318 or a 383 ., but we are talking a limited production model here ...

Limited production or not, the factory didn't CARE.

Further more you know very well that these cars with only two SPDs were still being built into June or July due to the shortage or slow delivery of intakes from Edelbrock. The motors COULD have been built long before they were installed in these cars as the factory was prepared to build these cars sooner than they actual did because of this delay.

ORIGINAL engines in these car are few and far between due to the life these cars lead when new, REGARDLESS of how many "matching numbers" engines are installed in these cars today. So you have to take all of that into consideration as well.

Re: very early block. #219461
02/10/09 07:42 PM
02/10/09 07:42 PM
E.Amherst, NY
69RR Offline
top fuel
69RR  Offline
top fuel

E.Amherst, NY
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Further more you know very well that these cars with only two SPDs were still being built into June or July due to the shortage or slow delivery of intakes from Edelbrock. The motors COULD have been built long before they were installed in these cars as the factory was prepared to build these cars sooner than they actual did because of this delay.

ORIGINAL engines in these car are few and far between due to the life these cars lead when new, REGARDLESS of how many "matching numbers" engines are installed in these cars today. So you have to take all of that into consideration as well.

This is such a reach OK - prove that what you say is true. Maybe its in your "salesman's handbook" or in one of G.G.'s books that you so often quote.

Otherwise you are insulting my and eveyone else's intelligence.

Dean Got my hands on the wheel, foot to the pedal, gonna drive this car till the tires turn to metal - gonna sleep when I'm dead and laugh at the devil..
Re: very early block. [Re: 69RR] #219462
02/10/09 08:50 PM
02/10/09 08:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is such a reach OK - prove that what you say is true. Maybe its in your "salesman's handbook" or in one of G.G.'s books that you so often quote.

How so? The problem is that nothing can be without a doubt proven one way or another. THAT is the problem, NO ONE can prove any of this arguement.

This just leads to the point that you can't be trying to slam anyone with a claim that what they have is incorrect. You have to allow for the possibilities that there is room for variances in these things. They were made by human beings that make mistakes.

Were you selling these cars and at the dealership every day in 1969 like I was? I saw all kinds of mistakes and things that were not the norm regarding what was SUPPOSED to be with these cars.

Yes, I quote GGs and factory produced data BECAUSE it was produced from Chrysler provided information, and for the dealers and sales people to rely on for selling these cars as well as ORDERING them. Yes, there were mistakes made in printing them occassionaly, but the factory also did their best to correct those things. When you come up with BETTER documentation for these types of things feel free to post them, yeah, that s what I thought. I get so sick of this crap where everybody want to throw their in without ANY kind of factual back up, or any kind of first hand knowledge. Where is yours?

Re: very early block. #219463
02/10/09 11:50 PM
02/10/09 11:50 PM
E.Amherst, NY
69RR Offline
top fuel
69RR  Offline
top fuel

E.Amherst, NY
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How so? The problem is that nothing can be without a doubt proven one way or another. THAT is the problem, NO ONE can prove any of this arguement.

This just leads to the point that you can't be trying to slam anyone with a claim that what they have is incorrect. You have to allow for the possibilities that there is room for variances in these things. They were made by human beings that make mistakes.

Were you selling these cars and at the dealership every day in 1969 like I was? I saw all kinds of mistakes and things that were not the norm regarding what was SUPPOSED to be with these cars.

Yes, I quote GGs and factory produced data BECAUSE it was produced from Chrysler provided information, and for the dealers and sales people to rely on for selling these cars as well as ORDERING them. Yes, there were mistakes made in printing them occassionaly, but the factory also did their best to correct those things. When you come up with BETTER documentation for these types of things feel free to post them, yeah, that s what I thought. I get so sick of this crap where everybody want to throw their in without ANY kind of factual back up, or any kind of first hand knowledge. Where is yours?

Quote:

I get so sick of this crap where everybody want to throw their in without ANY kind of factual back up, or any kind of first hand knowledge. Where is yours

Don't turn it on me - I'm asking - where is YOUR factual back up? YOU MAKE A STATEMENT - BACK IT UP!!!

Dean Got my hands on the wheel, foot to the pedal, gonna drive this car till the tires turn to metal - gonna sleep when I'm dead and laugh at the devil..
Re: very early block. [Re: 69RR] #219464
02/11/09 10:52 AM
02/11/09 10:52 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

That's his M. O. , he feels that because he was a car salesHACK back in the day add in spending time at circus d' sand taking down notes to help promote his line of fraud that he knows everything and everyone that does NOT drink his KOOLAIDE is an idiot .