New Smyrna Beach FL
S
scottb Offline OP
pro stock
scottb  Offline OP
pro stock
S

New Smyrna Beach FL
What has happend to the Prostock program just looking at the Prostock ladder and there all at the bottom of the field and 3mph short they are down on power for sure

Re: Mopar Prostock [Re: scottb] #2175921
10/16/16 11:50 AM
10/16/16 11:50 AM
Nebraska
72Swinger Offline
master
72Swinger  Offline
master

Nebraska
Jason Line. Mopar thought they could buy a program.

Mopar to the bone!!!
Re: Mopar Prostock [Re: scottb] #2176717
10/17/16 10:23 AM
10/17/16 10:23 AM
Finally a HUSKER again
Moparnut426 Offline
I Live Here
Moparnut426  Offline
I Live Here

Finally a HUSKER again
typical of anything new, one team gets it figured out, the others fall back until they figure it out. I think in another year they will have things figured out. They are just one little thing shy and dyno time and tuning will tell.

Re: Mopar Prostock [Re: scottb] #2176883
10/17/16 02:06 PM
10/17/16 02:06 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Only ONE team approached the EFI right from the beginning and that was KB racing. Jason Line knows EVERYTHING there is to know about a Pro Stock motor and what it takes to make it run. He knew nothing about EFI and chose to figure it out himself and therefore had no pre-conceived notions of "what to do". He simply knew fuel, air, spark and figured it out. The rest of the teams brought in "tuners" who while they might be EFI experts, they knew NOTHING about a Pro Stock powerplant and how to make it run. Many other teams have finally come to that realization, but are now way behind in both tuning and manifold development

Its really that simple. Many people are intimidated by EFI, which is what keeps guys like me extremely busy, which is a good thing.........but in a class like Pro Stock, where the difference in number 1 qualifier and being on the outside is just a few numbers, that's a different world. Which would you think is easier to learn. How to tune EFI or how to make a Pro Stocker run. The best "tuner" in the world can't make something he knows nothing about run at the front. Not gonna happen

I am NOT a computer wiz and when I first started doing EFI stuff, I had no clue, but I figured it out pretty quickly. But I have ZERO illusions about going in and understanding all the inner workings of making a Pro Stocker run at the top of the heap in a matter of months, be it EFI or carbs either one. If it was that easy to pick up, I would have had a job with a Pro Stock team years ago. That's YEARS of applied knowledge. Guys don't just wake up one day and think "I think I will learn to tune Pro Stockers or fuel cars today". I have talked with several of the Pro Stock guys, including Jason and I tell them all the same thing. I can make the SYSTEM work correctly and show you how to use it. But I can't tune the car

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 10/17/16 02:25 PM.