A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
Originally Posted By scrapmetal
I've been waiting for this Rocker arm company that went out and their employes are bring it back.They are having a hard time with their forger.I was told they are skipping them and are getting a neighbor to Cnc some .Should be out in 6 weeks.My machinist said when they were in business before that is was a good product

http://www.rockerarms.com/

Yep, RAS made the best rocker arms for BB Mopar engines but they aren't available anymore. I have a set of those rocker arms that I've used on a bunch of different engines over the years. Killer rocker arms, probably never sell these since I wouldn't be able to replace them.

DSC_8979 (Large).JPG
Re: Rocker Arms for Big Block [Re: AndyF] #2138676
08/22/16 04:13 PM
08/22/16 04:13 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Originally Posted By AndyF
Originally Posted By scrapmetal
I've been waiting for this Rocker arm company that went out and their employes are bring it back.They are having a hard time with their forger.I was told they are skipping them and are getting a neighbor to Cnc some .Should be out in 6 weeks.My machinist said when they were in business before that is was a good product

http://www.rockerarms.com/

Yep, RAS made the best rocker arms for BB Mopar engines but they aren't available anymore. I have a set of those rocker arms that I've used on a bunch of different engines over the years. Killer rocker arms, probably never sell these since I wouldn't be able to replace them.

So another company sells great rocker arms and is no longer......... work

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: Rocker Arms for Big Block [Re: Bill MeLater] #2138679
08/22/16 04:16 PM
08/22/16 04:16 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Originally Posted By Bill MeLater
How do cup style adjusters get oiled properly?
They have to oil through the adjusters with pushrod oiling shruggyI say that but not all of them do that, my Jesel adjusters are hollow with no provisions to oil the valve stems or cups on the adjusters other than splash oiling from the pushrods oiling them through the center of them with pushrod oiling, there are no proviosn to oil the shafts or valve stem tips either on this paired shaft system confused

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 08/22/16 04:18 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Rocker Arms for Big Block [Re: Bill MeLater] #2139279
08/23/16 01:36 PM
08/23/16 01:36 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
Originally Posted By Bill MeLater
How do cup style adjusters get oiled properly?
on my 273 iron rockers with the threaded adjuster removed I drilled a 1/8" hole horizontally thru the rocker on that side from the outside in & on thru the shaft all in a straight line clocked with the valve closed then drilled/tapped the outer hole in the rocker for a setscrew which stops high RPM oil castoff from it which is a waste & also helps lock the setscrew in place as some of em ain't tight enough (not enough interference fit on their threads)

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth
Page 2 of 2 1 2