Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Holley FI information & Aeromotive fuel system - Mr P-Body [Re: lockjaw-express] #2113879
07/20/16 10:57 AM
07/20/16 10:57 AM
West Coast, USA
jbc426 Offline
master
jbc426  Offline
master

West Coast, USA
Modern high performance cars are using a deadhead fuel system that are controlled by a PWM (pulse width modulator). The PWM reduces the amount of time 12v is supplied to the pumps when fuel demand is low, like at idle, cruise etc.

One benefit of these system designs is that the heat put into the fuel from the pumps is greatly reduced. Pump life is also extended, as the pump is not working so hard to circulate fuel.

I've read that two performance pumps running at full voltage are the eqivelant of having a pair of 240 watt light bulbs in your fuel tank.

Vaporworks has some interesting fuel system solutions that use factory fuel modules and their proprietary PWM's to control up to 3 high volume OEM rated fuel pumps.

I plan on working with Monte to switch over to sequential EFI with coil near plug ignition and the OEM flex-fuel E-85 fuel/alcohol content sensors powered by the new Holley ECUs.

The fuel system that appears to me to be simple and reliable and still capable of having sufficent fuel flow capacity to support big horsepower is looking like a dual pump E-85 Cadillac fuel module with remote pick-ups, a Vaporworks PWM and a custom tank by Rick's tanks. Keep in mind this is a deadhead system just like the hellcat, Corvette and Cadillac CTSV are using.

It's nice to see the cam sensors for big blocks being made. Thanks to those guys expanding the envelope of modern engine managment componets for big block Mopars.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)
Re: Holley FI information & Aeromotive fuel system - Mr P-Body [Re: lockjaw-express] #2114007
07/20/16 01:16 PM
07/20/16 01:16 PM
Ohio
L
lockjaw-express Offline OP
mopar
lockjaw-express  Offline OP
mopar
L

Ohio
Good information, however I have a large fuel cell mounted in the trunk, then two AN8 lines to a Aeromotive Y, then AN 12 out to a Aeromotive A3000 pump/filter/return combo.

I am wanting to disconnect the AN12 from the A3000, and attach the EFI pump with a filter in and a filter out.

Will the Vaporworx work with pumps as in my configuration ?

Regards, Mark

Re: Holley FI information & Aeromotive fuel system - Mr P-Body [Re: lockjaw-express] #2114098
07/20/16 03:15 PM
07/20/16 03:15 PM
Florida
CJD AUTOMOTIVE Offline
mopar
CJD AUTOMOTIVE  Offline
mopar

Florida
Holley sells a kit for the Jesel belt drive. It's only offered for Chevrolet, of course. We use it and modify the bracket for a Mopar. It depends on what water pump you use as to whether this will work for you.

As to pumps, the 12-1800 is what you are referring to for failures on Yellow Bullet. This pump is not designed for high ambient temps. Mounting it higher than the cell or on it's side can cause failure as well. It is only this particular pump, and the others are designed for those applications. The 12-1800 really is a race only pump, but I have in tank mounted them and not seen any problems. Again, they have other pumps that fit the high HP street applications.

The VR brushless pumps are pretty cool technology, although very expensive. They are supposed to be run with the VR series regulator. I just ordered one, and will be switching from twin 1800's to a single VR2. I let you know how it does.

Craig Scholl
CJD Automotive, LLC
Jacksonville, FL
www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com
904-400-1802

"I own a Mopar. I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification"
Re: Holley FI information & Aeromotive fuel system - Mr P-Body [Re: lockjaw-express] #2114116
07/20/16 03:43 PM
07/20/16 03:43 PM
Ohio
L
lockjaw-express Offline OP
mopar
lockjaw-express  Offline OP
mopar
L

Ohio
The pump will be level with the sump, so no problem there, unless it runs out of fuel...

Mark

Page 2 of 2 1 2