06/29/16 11:24 PM
06/29/16 11:24 PM
Its a TRAP!
DARTH V8Я Offline
Oh No!! I just had a moron attack!
DARTH V8Я  Offline

Its a TRAP!
Np Mention of factoring.. only bankruptcy.

HRM] Why did you go to Plymouth in 1979?

BG] In the late 1970s I was not financially involved with Ford, period. And Chrysler came along and offered me, it wasn’t much money, but it was a lot more than nothing, plus all of the parts I needed. So we raced the Plymouth for one year. We had a three- year contract, but the following year, when Chrysler went bankrupt, my contract got voided. It was just the way things went.

HRM] What did you think of the Arrow?

BG] We won every race that year but two with the Plymouth. It was a small-block 340. After that year, Ford sent a person down to our shop to meet with me and we put together, at that point, still a small deal, but small deals were better than nothing, put that together with me to race Ford again.

When it takes more than a sweet mullet to prove you rule at the trailer park..
Re: David Barton Chevvvvvvy! [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2100831
06/29/16 11:27 PM
06/29/16 11:27 PM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Ron I may have embellished a bit on the weekly thing. Wasn't weekly but they were changing the weight breaks during the year.

Haven't they changed the weight breaks on the pro stock bikes during the year? I don't follow that very close.

Pro Mod used to be in the same boat. They were adding weight and changing displacement on a fairly regular basis.

IIRC, they went through the the same thing in the blown alcohol classes. When the screw blowers first came out they were beating them up pretty good. With out looking at the rule book, I think the SBC still gets a fairly big weight break in TAD which is how Santos did so well for years.

So there is still a record of NHRA doing the dirty to try and level the playing field just like ASScar, although not as bad as ASScar in most cases.

I know for me, I was done with Chrysler when I was fighting to get blueprints for W5 heads. I was pretty much told to pack sand. Then, the topper was when Chrysler went back to ASScar and took out full page ads apologizing for the hemi kicking ass and therefore, the ASScar ban of the hemi was correct, righteous, wonderful and th only thing to do in th name of safety and fairness.

I detest sniveling pukes and Chrysler did that. I was done.

So yes, I may have embellished on the weekly factoring and maybe I should have said hourly so no one would miss the cut of my jib. But it was happening several times a year when someone was turning on a win light with a Chrysler product.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston
Re: David Barton Chevvvvvvy! [Re: DARTH V8Я] #2100838
06/29/16 11:33 PM
06/29/16 11:33 PM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Originally Posted By DARTH V8Я
Np Mention of factoring.. only bankruptcy.

HRM] Why did you go to Plymouth in 1979?

BG] In the late 1970s I was not financially involved with Ford, period. And Chrysler came along and offered me, it wasn’t much money, but it was a lot more than nothing, plus all of the parts I needed. So we raced the Plymouth for one year. We had a three- year contract, but the following year, when Chrysler went bankrupt, my contract got voided. It was just the way things went.

HRM] What did you think of the Arrow?

BG] We won every race that year but two with the Plymouth. It was a small-block 340. After that year, Ford sent a person down to our shop to meet with me and we put together, at that point, still a small deal, but small deals were better than nothing, put that together with me to race Ford again.

Yes, I read all that. But like I said, I lived through it. Go back and see if you can find archived National Dragster articles. I stopped asking NHRA about them years ago. Im sure they have them but can't seem to find them published. I bet you could find many a discussion in those pages about this in there. In fact, I'd love to see old copies of SuperStock and Drag Illustrated during the era. Bet they covered it. In fact, NHRA hated that publication so bad, they use HRM to buy it out and then killed it, right after I signed up for a 6 year subscription renewal. Then I was substituted HRM instead. I sent them back every month, for years.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston
Re: David Barton Chevvvvvvy! [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2100847
06/29/16 11:50 PM
06/29/16 11:50 PM
North, Alabama
D-50 Offline
pro stock
D-50  Offline
pro stock

North, Alabama
I remember reading in a magazine years ago about NHRA adding weight to the Hemi Colts almost every week trying to slow them down. And they ended up weighing almost 700lbs more than everybody else.

1.33 60 ft,6.21 at 110.59 in the 1/8, pump gas small block,2950lbs,drag radials,mufflers and driven to track ...
Re: David Barton Chevvvvvvy! [Re: 72 RR DUDE] #2100853
06/29/16 11:58 PM
06/29/16 11:58 PM
Its a TRAP!
DARTH V8Я Offline
DARTH V8Я  Offline

Its a TRAP!
Skip to 5:23.. or watch from the beginning..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYtIQ0cMSMg

When it takes more than a sweet mullet to prove you rule at the trailer park..
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4