Rome, Ga
S
sbhpcb Offline OP
enthusiast
sbhpcb  Offline OP
enthusiast
S

Rome, Ga
I have a '73 satelite / Road Runner tribute I have tried to make era correct with my personal taste. I have used differnt years of parts Like a later 833 overdrive 4 speed, a earlier cast iron intake so I could use a carter AFB, aftermarket underhood kit instead of the old mopar a/c. I even painted it 70 sublime green and put Repop mopar looking rallys on it. My Question is are these type items considered modifications at the shows? It is basicly stock with Local parts store parts and other year mopar parts. I bought very few Nos parts here. Thanks for your input.

Re: Generally how do Mopar shows class count modifications [Re: sbhpcb] #210006
01/31/09 11:23 PM
01/31/09 11:23 PM
Spring Valley ,Ca.
moparsquid Offline
super stock
moparsquid  Offline
super stock

Spring Valley ,Ca.
some of the shows ive been to would clssify your car as stock modified or retified but it would not be stock , some clubs are real sticklers some dont care as long as you participate.GOOD LUCK BOB

Re: Generally how do Mopar shows class count modifications [Re: moparsquid] #210007
02/01/09 08:02 AM
02/01/09 08:02 AM
MI, Lapeer
M
maximus Offline
super stock
maximus  Offline
super stock
M

MI, Lapeer
I would say a lot of the Mopar shows allow 2 modifications without knocking you out of stock class, if that's what your intentions. A lot of non Mopar only shows the judges have no clue what is correct on a stock Mopar. Try and get as much original looking parts under the hood as possible. On the trans, if you have the correct shifter nobody will notice what's under the car. The judges look more at how clean and neat everything looks than date codes and such, unless you are going for concourse judging. Hope this helps. I have built and shown many original and non-stock Mopars. Good Luck

Re: Generally how do Mopar shows class count modifications [Re: sbhpcb] #210008
02/01/09 08:52 AM
02/01/09 08:52 AM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

I have a '73 satelite / Road Runner tribute I have tried to make era correct with my personal taste. I have used differnt years of parts Like a later 833 overdrive 4 speed, a earlier cast iron intake so I could use a carter AFB, aftermarket underhood kit instead of the old mopar a/c. I even painted it 70 sublime green and put Repop mopar looking rallys on it. My Question is are these type items considered modifications at the shows? It is basicly stock with Local parts store parts and other year mopar parts. I bought very few Nos parts here. Thanks for your input.

Out our all Mopar show we offer stock, restified (lightly modified/stock mods/clones), and modified in groupings of cars there are a lot of. If the show offered stock, restified, and modifed for your car; you would be in restified.

If the show only offered stock and modified; you'd be in modified.

Re: Generally how do Mopar shows class count modifications [Re: autoxcuda] #210009
02/01/09 10:57 AM
02/01/09 10:57 AM
Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Dragula Offline
I Live Here
Dragula  Offline
I Live Here

Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Quote:

Quote:

Out our all Mopar show we offer stock, restified (lightly modified/stock mods/clones), and modified in groupings of cars there are a lot of. If the show offered stock, restified, and modifed for your car; you would be in restified.

If the show only offered stock and modified; you'd be in modified.

x2

And most mopar shows allow 2-3 non-stock type items before they put you in modified...Then you go up against pro mod looking cars. Stock or mod, pick one, and go with it....

'70 Cuda,...605 EFI Hemi Street Car (6.20 best pass, 1.33 60ft)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYw6RA-k5Bk (6.25 at 108.75mph from inside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQEb9uxFng (6.25 at 108mph from outside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCvfzsC4NgM (9.9)

'66 Barracuda AWB Stretched nose Blown 440 Car in build stage

'71 Duster Drag Car 400 Low Deck 512 best 6.002 at 115.44mph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znuo3jMUXTk