Moparts

Generally how do Mopar shows class count modifications

Posted By: sbhpcb

Generally how do Mopar shows class count modifications - 02/01/09 03:18 AM

I have a '73 satelite / Road Runner tribute I have tried to make era correct with my personal taste. I have used differnt years of parts Like a later 833 overdrive 4 speed, a earlier cast iron intake so I could use a carter AFB, aftermarket underhood kit instead of the old mopar a/c. I even painted it 70 sublime green and put Repop mopar looking rallys on it. My Question is are these type items considered modifications at the shows? It is basicly stock with Local parts store parts and other year mopar parts. I bought very few Nos parts here. Thanks for your input.
Posted By: moparsquid

Re: Generally how do Mopar shows class count modifications - 02/01/09 03:23 AM

some of the shows ive been to would clssify your car as stock modified or retified but it would not be stock , some clubs are real sticklers some dont care as long as you participate.GOOD LUCK BOB
Posted By: maximus

Re: Generally how do Mopar shows class count modifications - 02/01/09 12:02 PM

I would say a lot of the Mopar shows allow 2 modifications without knocking you out of stock class, if that's what your intentions. A lot of non Mopar only shows the judges have no clue what is correct on a stock Mopar. Try and get as much original looking parts under the hood as possible. On the trans, if you have the correct shifter nobody will notice what's under the car. The judges look more at how clean and neat everything looks than date codes and such, unless you are going for concourse judging. Hope this helps. I have built and shown many original and non-stock Mopars. Good Luck
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Generally how do Mopar shows class count modifications - 02/01/09 12:52 PM

Quote:

I have a '73 satelite / Road Runner tribute I have tried to make era correct with my personal taste. I have used differnt years of parts Like a later 833 overdrive 4 speed, a earlier cast iron intake so I could use a carter AFB, aftermarket underhood kit instead of the old mopar a/c. I even painted it 70 sublime green and put Repop mopar looking rallys on it. My Question is are these type items considered modifications at the shows? It is basicly stock with Local parts store parts and other year mopar parts. I bought very few Nos parts here. Thanks for your input.

Out our all Mopar show we offer stock, restified (lightly modified/stock mods/clones), and modified in groupings of cars there are a lot of. If the show offered stock, restified, and modifed for your car; you would be in restified.

If the show only offered stock and modified; you'd be in modified.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Generally how do Mopar shows class count modifications - 02/01/09 02:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Out our all Mopar show we offer stock, restified (lightly modified/stock mods/clones), and modified in groupings of cars there are a lot of. If the show offered stock, restified, and modifed for your car; you would be in restified.

If the show only offered stock and modified; you'd be in modified.

x2

And most mopar shows allow 2-3 non-stock type items before they put you in modified...Then you go up against pro mod looking cars. Stock or mod, pick one, and go with it....
© 2024 Moparts Forums