Nashville, TN
M
MOPARMIKE69 Offline OP
master
MOPARMIKE69  Offline OP
master
M

Nashville, TN
This book isn't about e-bodies but you put it back the way you find it IF you know that the car has not been altered from it's original condition!

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert
Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #1935750
10/20/15 07:43 PM
10/20/15 07:43 PM
Mesa, Arizona
D
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here
dart4forte  Offline
I Live Here
D

Mesa, Arizona
The
Originally Posted By MOPARMIKE69
I realize that by far this site, as well as many others, is a huge help in trying to restore these cars. But there has never been a complete book with step by step examples of how to restore the Plymouth and Dodge B-bodies from start to finish.

There have been data books, numbers books, and some how to paint or build an engine books. But not a book for the average guy showing them step by step how to do everything to get one of these cars restored.

I just received a pre-release copy of Car Tech's "Mopar B-body Restoration 1966 - 1970" book. WOW! Finally a correct, complete resource. Just to quote from the books back cover;

"This book offers an in-depth reference for restoring a Mopar B-Body. Step-by-step processes guide you through the tasks of metal repair, suspension rebuild, driveline verification, interior restoration, and more. All components are addressed, creating the most complete resource in the marketplace.
With multiple step-by-step procedures and more than 400 color photographs, this is the most complete hands-on book ever written covering these coveted Chryslers. This will be your primary resource when it's time to tackle a full restoration or complete a simple repair on your prized Pentastar. You won't find a cheaper "part" that helps you more than this book."

I have read it cover to cover and it more than delivers. It is on pre-sale with a discount on Amazon right now with a release of November 15, 2015.
Here is the link.
http://www.amazon.com/Mopar-B-Body-Resto...ody+Restoration

Like I said in the subject Finally a book that is worth having.

Does it cover a detailed diagram of how the airgrabber is plumbed?

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln
Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #1935758
10/20/15 07:58 PM
10/20/15 07:58 PM
Washington/Las Vegas
1971 Gran Coupe Offline
super stock
1971 Gran Coupe  Offline
super stock

Washington/Las Vegas
If I were working on a B-Body I would not hesitate to have another resource book. Restoring a car is like doing a detailed report. having as many guides and knowing which ones have more correct detail is a plus. There is no single reference book that will give/have all the info for a detailed report/restoration, but having more info is the key to any quality build. It would be nice if a similar book would go to print for an E-Body. beer up

Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: 1971 Gran Coupe] #1935764
10/20/15 08:10 PM
10/20/15 08:10 PM
New State
kidmopar Offline
master
kidmopar  Offline
master

New State
Found this link on "Amazon" . You can look inside too ! up

Due out November 15th ..........

http://www.amazon.com/Mopar-B-Body-Restoration-1966-1970/dp/1613251920

Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #1935774
10/20/15 08:28 PM
10/20/15 08:28 PM

B
Benito
Unregistered
Benito
Unregistered
B

Very good point Greg !

Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #1935786
10/20/15 08:53 PM
10/20/15 08:53 PM
Western Colorado High Desert
moparmarks Offline
I Live Here
moparmarks  Offline
I Live Here

Western Colorado High Desert
I Think this book will be a huge asset to all the average joes out there working on their car. I'm not talking about the few who are trying to do a 100 point concourse restoration but all the others who are wanting to do things correctly. Over the last 35 years I've worked on so many cars that the last owners really screwed things up because they didn't have any guidance. For the few that are going for the 100 point car then no, they aren't going to get it all out of one book. They will have to do a lot of research but this can be one more reference.
Kuddos to you Mike for the time that you have put into this.

72 Satellite Sebring Plus 440, 72 Dart 5.9 4-spd, 68 Valiant, 73 W200, 78 D100 sb, 78 D200, 98 DAKOTA, .
Moparmarks Parts & Restorations
Desert Mopar Metal
Grand Jct. CO
970-261-7039
http://moparmark.com/
motormangj@gmail.com
Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #1935798
10/20/15 09:15 PM
10/20/15 09:15 PM
Ashland City, Tennessee
A
Aar1064 Offline
enthusiast
Aar1064  Offline
enthusiast
A

Ashland City, Tennessee
It's a book written by a very knowledgeable, giving person and if you knew him like I did, you'd realize just how wrong some of you are.

It's a book written for people like me who can't afford to have a restoration shop restore a car and enjoy learning when lack of experience is at play.

It's a book that is only a part of your arsenal of tools needed if you decide to take on the task of restoring one yourself. I've only seen excerpts of the book and those that I've seen are thorough and to the point.

It's a book that gets you started in the right direction and when it applies to your particular task, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

It's a book people. Be nice and realize just that. I just pre-ordered one and I don't even have a B-body but heard that the cut and buff chapter is really good and that's where I'm at now with my car. up

Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: EV2DEMON] #1935829
10/20/15 09:58 PM
10/20/15 09:58 PM
Nashville, Tennessee
Tempest Offline
mopar
Tempest  Offline
mopar

Nashville, Tennessee
Originally Posted By EV2DEMON
Originally Posted By 69CoronetRT
There are a lot of people I do not know.

Who are Kevin Shaw and Mike Wilkins?

Yeah, who is this Mike Wilkins fella...

http://www.moparts.org/moparts/picture/print/pages/Wilkins.html

Well I've owned Musclecars for 32 years now just getting back into Mopars 3 years ago after playing with other brands. However, started with Mopar when my Dad worked at Chrysler in Trenton, MI back in the mid 60's to early 70's. Small world, I now live down south, turns out Mike Wilkins is a neighbor and now friend and probably forgot more about Mopar's than most I know.

Just my $.02 but people should be excited about new resources for Mopar restorations. The kids into cars today for the most part seem to care less about the classics. Exceptions to the rule of course. But someday, 60's cars will become the Model T for kids today.

The more documention and overall exposure can only be a good thing.

Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #1935869
10/20/15 11:05 PM
10/20/15 11:05 PM
Alabama
BigMoneyLewis Offline
master
BigMoneyLewis  Offline
master

Alabama
I think not being honest up front is what rubbed alot of folks the wrong way . Speaking in 3rd person, as a way to promote your book is ..strange.
Saying things like you read it cover to cover (I hope so, if you co-wrote the thing) just makes you seem less than honest .
If you wrote the book, just say you wrote the damn book .
Do like Ryan Brutt and say, hey ..I'm getting my book published ..check it out if you want to . Don't come on here and spew a line about , Oh my goddd..someone has finally wrote the most definitive Mopar restoration guide ever seen by human eyes , and I just read it cover to cover , and it was awesome. That's NOT how sane people act . Just saying .
Hey, it might be a fantastic book , but basic Muscle car restoration guides have already been done, as far back as 25 years now , and of course the Paul Herd B body resto guide book came out 20 years ago, and is full of mistakes . I think your mistake was in your choice to 'over hype' the book , as a third party . Let us read the book and decide for ourselves .

Greg

gregward@mchsi.com phone 256-852-0955
Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: 69CoronetRT] #1935880
10/20/15 11:17 PM
10/20/15 11:17 PM
Nashville, TN
Rustymuscle Offline
Mopar Connection Magazine
Rustymuscle  Offline

Nashville, TN

What is their standing in the hobby and their background to write a restoration book?

Do they run a restoration shop somewhere?

Hi, I'm Kevin Shaw. I've been in publishing for 14 years. I was the Associate Editor for Mopar Muscle for a few years during Randy's tenure, and later the Senior Editor for the Power Automedia Group before launching www.directlyconnectedmagazine.com earlier this year. We have our own section dedicated to the magazine here on Moparts, stop in and check it out HERE if you like.

Admittedly, there are a great deal of wiser minds than I who contributed their know-how, experience and skill to this book. It was merely upon me to try to lace it all together into a cohesive guide. As it is with all of these books, there's gonna be some flubs. Mike and I worked tirelessly to catch as many as we humanly could, but we're certain many eagle-eyed Moparts members will spot a few.

Although Mike is one of the top OE judges in the nation for '68-'70 B-Bodies, I claim to be no such encyclopedic expert of said content. I just knew we could do it with the right help, insight and research. This was a passion project as we felt there simply wasn't such a guide available on the market today. Many of you simply won't need it. And that's OK. But we wrote this for the guy who might not know where to look for the right answers, or even what questions to ask.

This book is not a 100-percent step-by-step on how to go from a basket case to a OE Class winner. CarTech begged us to dial it back more than once. But this is a pretty solid guide to getting your car looking and riding right, and close enough to appease 95% of the hardest of the hardcore Mopar lovers. And that, we felt was pretty dang good.

God bless,
Kevin

Last edited by Rustymuscle; 10/20/15 11:18 PM.

Mopar Connection Magazine, your source for daily news, real-world tech, features and much more.
Got a comment, question, or a story? Email me at kevin.shaw@shawgroupmedia.com
Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #1935890
10/20/15 11:37 PM
10/20/15 11:37 PM
Kentucky
F
fc7freak Offline
fc7freak  Offline
F

Kentucky
Sounds like a great tool to me. I'm into Abodies but I will have to have one! Thanks guys!

Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: BigMoneyLewis] #1935908
10/21/15 12:16 AM
10/21/15 12:16 AM
Harlan, Iowa
69CoronetRT Offline
master
69CoronetRT  Offline
master

Harlan, Iowa
Originally Posted By BigMoneyLewis
I think not being honest up front is what rubbed alot of folks the wrong way . Speaking in 3rd person, as a way to promote your book is ..strange.
Saying things like you read it cover to cover (I hope so, if you co-wrote the thing) just makes you seem less than honest .
Do like Ryan Brutt and say, hey ..I'm getting my book published ..check it out if you want to . Don't come on here and spew a line about , Oh my goddd..someone has finally wrote the most definitive Mopar restoration guide ever seen by human eyes , and I just read it cover to cover , and it was awesome. That's NOT how sane people act . Just saying .
Hey, it might be a fantastic book , but basic Muscle car restoration guides have already been done, as far back as 25 years now , and of course the Paul Herd B body resto guide book came out 20 years ago, and is full of mistakes . I think your mistake was in your choice to 'over hype' the book , as a third party . Let us read the book and decide for ourselves .

Greg

Greg, thank you. My thoughts exactly. It wasn't what; it was how.

I'm happy for Mike and his book. I'm sure it was very difficult to put it together. I hope it is a useful book and he sells a lot of copies. I'll probably try and find a copy.

Seeking:

1969 St. Louis plant VINs, SPD, and VONs.
Over 2,000 thanks to you!
Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: Rustymuscle] #1935909
10/21/15 12:17 AM
10/21/15 12:17 AM
Harlan, Iowa
69CoronetRT Offline
master
69CoronetRT  Offline
master

Harlan, Iowa
Originally Posted By Rustymuscle

What is their standing in the hobby and their background to write a restoration book?

Hi, I'm Kevin Shaw. ....And that, we felt was pretty dang good.

God bless,
Kevin

Kevin, thank you for the introduction and thank you for your work on the book.

Seeking:

1969 St. Louis plant VINs, SPD, and VONs.
Over 2,000 thanks to you!
Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: BigMoneyLewis] #1935916
10/21/15 12:27 AM
10/21/15 12:27 AM
Nashville, TN
M
MOPARMIKE69 Offline OP
master
MOPARMIKE69  Offline OP
master
M

Nashville, TN
Originally Posted By BigMoneyLewis

Greg

Really??? Here??? What difference would it have made. If I posted "I have a book" people would have said you are promoting your book, so I thought it would be fun to post it as if I wasn't the author..... guess what same result. By the way "god" only has one "D" At least I made you look!!! HA! catfight Never said it as the best book ever published, you did.

It is still the same book a REAL help to all the average Joe's out there who are trying to build their own car!!! Wow who would want that?

Basic restoration guides already published?? Whose??? Everything already published is nothing but a numbers book with plenty of incorrect information.

You have a problem with it? Don't buy it! I promise you it is way better than any previous book that has been published. Read it and then post my friend! By the way I might not be sane but I do know what I am talking about!

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert
Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #1935962
10/21/15 01:57 AM
10/21/15 01:57 AM
Alabama
BigMoneyLewis Offline
master
BigMoneyLewis  Offline
master

Alabama
Greg Donahue and Paul Zazarine published this one 25 years ago. It was a pretty good read. I bought it when it first came out . Just a basic guide, with 1,300 pictures . Although not Mopar specific , it does cover alot of territory . Latter on, they changed the cover .
No doubt, you put alot of blood sweat and tears into your book , I am not knocking you for that , and I applaud your enthusiasm and interest in this subject . I am sure your book is great . Your "well duh" comment in response to my post is what kind of set me off , to be honest .

Greg

howto.jpgHowTo2.jpg

gregward@mchsi.com phone 256-852-0955
Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: Rustymuscle] #1935972
10/21/15 02:10 AM
10/21/15 02:10 AM
Las Vegas, NV
6bblgt Offline
I Live Here
6bblgt  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted By Rustymuscle

Hi, I'm Kevin Shaw. I've been in publishing for 14 years. I was the Associate Editor for Mopar Muscle for a few years during Randy's tenure, and later the Senior Editor for the Power Automedia Group before launching www.directlyconnectedmagazine.com earlier this year. We have our own section dedicated to the magazine here on Moparts, stop in and check it out HERE if you like.

Admittedly, there are a great deal of wiser minds than I who contributed their know-how, experience and skill to this book. It was merely upon me to try to lace it all together into a cohesive guide. As it is with all of these books, there's gonna be some flubs. Mike and I worked tirelessly to catch as many as we humanly could, but we're certain many eagle-eyed Moparts members will spot a few.

Although Mike is one of the top OE judges in the nation for '68-'70 B-Bodies, I claim to be no such encyclopedic expert of said content. I just knew we could do it with the right help, insight and research. This was a passion project as we felt there simply wasn't such a guide available on the market today. Many of you simply won't need it. And that's OK. But we wrote this for the guy who might not know where to look for the right answers, or even what questions to ask.

This book is not a 100-percent step-by-step on how to go from a basket case to a OE Class winner. CarTech begged us to dial it back more than once. But this is a pretty solid guide to getting your car looking and riding right, and close enough to appease 95% of the hardest of the hardcore Mopar lovers. And that, we felt was pretty dang good.

God bless,
Kevin

but have you read it? shruggy

Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #1935975
10/21/15 02:15 AM
10/21/15 02:15 AM

B
Benito
Unregistered
Benito
Unregistered
B

Why wouldn't a publisher read something that they publish? If I was the publisher, I'd be sure to read over everything checking for typo's, grammar, etc.

Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: ] #1936025
10/21/15 07:33 AM
10/21/15 07:33 AM
Nashville, TN
M
MOPARMIKE69 Offline OP
master
MOPARMIKE69  Offline OP
master
M

Nashville, TN
Kevin and I are not the publisher. Car Tech is the publisher. It has been edited by their professionals many times. They came to us and ask us to write the book. Something I was hesitant to do knowing all the differences that are inherent in these cars. So I wrote all of my sections acknowledging those differences focusing on How to do it yourself.

When writing a book you do it in many different pieces and then you finally get to see the finished product all put together. As I said when I finally got the finished product I sat down and read it cover to cover. Not to edit it but to see if it was something that I would see as a helpful tool to the average guy building his car. It was just that.

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert
Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: BigMoneyLewis] #1936027
10/21/15 07:36 AM
10/21/15 07:36 AM
Nashville, TN
M
MOPARMIKE69 Offline OP
master
MOPARMIKE69  Offline OP
master
M

Nashville, TN
Sorry Greg It was a bad choice of words. I apologize. I have used your services over the years and have always been happy with the results. I went back and took out the poor choice of words.

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert
Re: OMG! Finally someone published a How to Book! [Re: 6bblgt] #1936049
10/21/15 10:00 AM
10/21/15 10:00 AM
Nashville, TN
Rustymuscle Offline
Rustymuscle  Offline

Nashville, TN
Originally Posted By 6bblgt
but have you read it? shruggy

Ugh. More times than I can count. smirk

Mopar Connection Magazine, your source for daily news, real-world tech, features and much more.
Got a comment, question, or a story? Email me at kevin.shaw@shawgroupmedia.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3