07/09/09 11:11 AM
the boonies
aarcuda Offline
I Live Here
aarcuda  Offline
I Live Here

the boonies
Quote:

Don't be so hasty to install a Keisler Automatic. I bought one in 07 and brought my car out this year after a 5 year project. I followed their install instructions and it failed to ingauge in 3rd 4th overdrive. With many Emails and frustration my 70 Challenger is out of service. They accused me of burning out top gears because of mis-adjusted TPS. I've been an mechanic for 30 years and know how to set a tps. Because I'm out of the 1 year warrenty they Will Not Stand behind their transmission. For $5000.00 I think I got the shaft.Now I have to pay to have it rebuilt. They won't even let me talk to upper management. Very POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Keisler/Gearvendors [Re: Dodgem] #190032
07/09/09 02:01 PM
07/09/09 02:01 PM
Manitoba, Canada
DaytonaTurbo Offline
Too Many Posts
DaytonaTurbo  Offline
Too Many Posts

Manitoba, Canada
Quote:

The guy that started this particular thread has his Super bee out with the new gear vender unit. He sounds extremely happy.
It does not sap power like OD transmissions do.

What OD transmissions 'sap' power? Do you have any proof?? I have yet to see back to back 1/4 mile runs of anyone who's gone from a 727 to a 518, gear vendors or keisler auto while having made no other changes.

Re: Gearvendors [Re: JDMopar] #190033
07/09/09 02:52 PM
07/09/09 02:52 PM
Los Angeles, CA
JF_Moparts Offline
super stock
JF_Moparts  Offline
super stock

Los Angeles, CA
I've had one for 2 1/2 years and it's great! I run 3.23s in the back so highway cruising is very nice.

Installation was a breeze. On my 71 b-body all we had to do was hammer the trans tunnel a little bit to make some space, but barely. No cutting.

I love telling people I have a 6 speed auto.

A number of people have said that the gear splitting is a waste of time, I have to disagree with that. I run mine in manual mode and the kick I get when going from 1st to 1st/OD is incredible. When first winds out and you're near 6000rpms, kicking in the OD takes me down to a nice spot in the power band, and the car revs quickly through another 20mph or so.

I will agree that shifting from an OD gear to a higher non-OD gear is not clean. You have to first shift to the higher gear, and then once it engages, take off the OD. But in my experience it only takes about 1/3 of a second for that, so it's no big deal.

Jim

Re: Gearvendors [Re: JF_Moparts] #190034
07/09/09 03:35 PM
07/09/09 03:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has anyone ever found a Gear Vendors O/D in a motorhome?

Did they acutally put them in the Dodge platformed motorhomes?

Re: Keisler/Gearvendors #190035
07/13/09 12:51 AM
07/13/09 12:51 AM
Knoxville, TN
KEISLER Offline
super street
KEISLER  Offline
super street

Knoxville, TN
Quote:

Don't be so hasty to install a Keisler Automatic. I bought one in 07 and brought my car out this year after a 5 year project. I followed their install instructions and it failed to ingauge in 3rd 4th overdrive. With many Emails and frustration my 70 Challenger is out of service. They accused me of burning out top gears because of mis-adjusted TPS. I've been an mechanic for 30 years and know how to set a tps. Because I'm out of the 1 year warrenty they Will Not Stand behind their transmission. For $5000.00 I think I got the shaft.Now I have to pay to have it rebuilt. They won't even let me talk to upper management. Very POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cruiser,

I am the owner and founder of the company. Email me at skeisler@keislerauto.com. Anytime, anyone can call and ask for a supervisor, owner, etc. As hundreds of people will attest, Richard, Keith are excellent customer service guys. I had so many customers complimenting their service and care throughout the weekend at Carlisle.

I'll start off by giving you a free upgrade to the latest version of our software. It has a set up wizard for the tps that makes calibrating is so simple: pedal to floor, hit enter, then pedal at rest, hit enter - you are done. And this offer goes to EVERYONE that has our A-41.

We'll help you get sorted out. Have faith in Keisler Engineering ... we've been here 18 years and we're not going anywhere. We are the largest supplier of performance overdrive transmission to the mopar community and the muscle car market and a quantum leap past the other choices or suppliers of overdrive transmission. (bold statement, yes; let us prove it to you) The automatic is doing great, the Popular Hot Rodding feature that Steve Dulcich wrote is out now, and you should read it on our web site. Several of the folks that purchased it said they came to Carlisle just to purchase the A-41. We feel honored to have such excellent customers!

I'm driving my Kuda back from Carlisle now (at a hotel in Virginia to break up the 550mile late night trip). The Kuda has the A-41 with engine compression braking in 1/2/3, Dual Mode switch and Paddle shifter.

You guys should check out our Keisler TV www.keislertv.com and go to the transmission section and watch the A41 installation video.

Also, go to the Community page on www.keislerauto.com and join our newsletter. We have newsletters every 1-2 months, and there is lots of great stuff on the A41 in the newsletter coming out this month shortly.

See you at the Nats,

Shafi Keisler

Re: Gearvendors [Re: Dabee] #190036
07/16/09 03:34 PM
07/16/09 03:34 PM
Knoxville, TN
KEISLER Offline
super street
KEISLER  Offline
super street

Knoxville, TN
Watch this video of Jonathan LaPaglia (actor "Cold Case") with his '73 Rallye Challenger. He was deliberating on a decision as you are. 5min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMPLZJMXK_U

Then, watch this video of the A-41 installation and track driving. 3min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JGZ9YL1-O8

As to the question of price, our 450LB-FT (Stage 1) complete kit for Mopar E/B/A/C-body is $3795 including new driveshaft, crossmember, etc.

Shafi

Re: Keisler/Gearvendors [Re: KEISLER] #190037
07/23/09 04:51 PM
07/23/09 04:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shafi, Thanks for the response. I did not get the help I needed from your techs, but I have spoken to them recently. I have faith in your company and I expect a great transmission when we figure this out. My transmission will be tested by another vendor and if something is wrong I will be sending it back. I'd expect you want to keep all your customers happy! Thanks Future Happy Customer

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4