08/13/15 02:08 PM
08/13/15 02:08 PM
B
BigAg Offline OP
mopar
BigAg  Offline OP
mopar
B

Decided to take a shot at installing the seat belts for my 71 charger this morning. The backseat seat belts are already installed so I am just looking at the front ones. I had a box of seat belts that the previous owner had given me. When I opened the box it had way more equipment in it then i was expect. I have three pictures below. I think the belts in the first picture are the correct ones. The question is what would the belts in the other pictures be for? Also what are the black tabs in the last picture for.

This looks like the correct buckle, shoulder belt and the lap belt

Not sure what these are for

Not sure about this belt or the black buckles

Last edited by BigAg; 08/13/15 02:12 PM.
Re: Are these the correct seat belts? [Re: BigAg] #1891215
08/13/15 07:29 PM
08/13/15 07:29 PM
Freeport IL USA
poorboy Online content
I Live Here
poorboy  Online Content
I Live Here

Freeport IL USA
Picture 1, Driver and passenger side front belts & shoulder straps. The two pieces on the right (retractors) go on the outside of the seat. The 2 belts with buckles go in the center and bolt on or near the trans tunnel. The one with the wires is the driver side for the seat belt warning light. There should be a matching pigtail on the floor. The center belts are for the shoulder belts and will bolt into the roof rails about at the rear edge of the front seat back.

Picture 2, The brackets on the left and the belts with buckles on the right are likely for the out side rear seat passengers. The brackets (retractors) on the left will be at the door edge of the seat, the ones on the right will bolt onto or close to the trans tunnel. The two pieces in the center are the retractors for the center seat passengers, one goes in the front, the other goes in the rear. One of these will probably use the same bolt to mount to the floor as one of belts on the left in picture 1, and the other will use the mounting bolt of one of the belts to the right side of it in the picture 2.

Picture 3 these are the other part of the center passenger seat belt. One would go in the front, and the other would go in the rear. These will attach, using the same mounting bolt, to the other side of the belt with the buckle on the left in picture 1 and the other side of the belt with the buckle in the right side of picture 2.

The black tabs are covers for the seat belt mounting bolts, to hide them.

I could have the belts mixed up as to location, I suggest you lay them out as mentioned, and match them up as to what looks like they were together.

Usually, there is the seat belt retractor for the driver side, bolted to the door sill. Then its matching buckle, sharing the same bolt with the retractor for the center seat, attached on the driver side of the tunnel. Then the buckle to match the center seat sharing the same bolt with the buckle for the passenger side bolted to the passenger side of the tunnel. Then the passenger side retractor is bolted to the door sill. The shoulder belts are always bolted to the door pillar or the roof rail.

The whole deal repeats for the rear seat. A counsel car would not have the front center belt. Gene

Last edited by poorboy; 08/13/15 07:42 PM.