08/11/15 04:52 PM
08/11/15 04:52 PM
michigan
turbo toad Offline OP
enthusiast
turbo toad  Offline OP
enthusiast

michigan
Looking for some advice on my setup I'm new to powerglides but i scored a in cert JW ultrabell and jw case. So the decision has been made to run the glide.
Im like most everybody on this site a budget racer who doesnt have deep pockets but wants to get the best out of my setup.
Heres what im thinking for a setup on the transmission
Turbo spline input shaft ringless
High volume pump setup for ringless shaft
10 clutch drum kit
Wide band apply band (not sure whats the best material) kelver proably
Roller support
1.80 planetary with straight cut gears(not sure if ill go standard length or short output shaft)but if i go standard length ill use a roller bearing tail shaft housing.
Not sure what style Tbrake and solenoid to run?

Heres a run down on the car and setup in question.
62 valiant
Tublar front core support
im in the process of coilover conversion and torsion bars are being removed with shock tower supports being added
Frame rails have been tied rear leaf spring boxes moved inboard with caltracs and 8.75 rear with 2.94 suregrip. Plans are to tub the car and change the rear out to a dana 60 with 4 links when my budget sees fit.
Theres a main hoop and rear shock support bars in place now but im going to have to update the cage and get it up to nhra specs in the near future.
Heres the motor specs
400 block with half fill hardblock bored to 4.375
Hemi forged crank offset grind 3.915 stroke with chevy 2.2 rod size
Cals ultra 6.53 rods
Brc main caps and gridle kit
Indy 440-1 heads no port work as of now
Billet roller cam no lifters yet
1.6 harland sharp rockers
Indy 4150 intake
No pistons yet proably going with a set of diamonds
2 inch upswept headers to 3.5 inch collectors
Looking at a set of BW S475 with the smaller 74/83 exhaust wheel and proably t6 1.10 exhaust housing with 5 inch exhaust dump

Im hoping to make about 700hp on motor and a safe 1000hp on boost which at 10psi shouldnt be any issues
But im trying to make this setup last for as long as the block holds up and id like some advice on parts for the glide that will live to at the every least of 1500hp.
My plans are to get a KB block down the road hopefully after i get the car together and working correctly.
Thanks in advance moparts and all members

Check out my build on Facebook Ttoad Hurley its updated regularly
Re: building a powerglide for a street strip car [Re: turbo toad] #1889980
08/12/15 12:50 AM
08/12/15 12:50 AM
Burlington, Ontario Canada
Dave_S Offline
enthusiast
Dave_S  Offline
enthusiast

Burlington, Ontario Canada
Mine has a stock case, JW bell and flywheel, 8 clutches, standard width "red" band, turbo input shaft, Sonnax 1.80 straight cut gear set (broke the stock 1.76) Stock pump, dual ring servo. It has an API brake and converter. Works great, race only.

Dave Stillie
'73 Swinger
5.7 Hemi, 88mm turbo, powerglide, cal-tracs & 8 3/4
Mega-Squirt EFI
[email]8.93@149
[/email]