I got another head scratcher decoding a 1970 Dart Swinger 340 broadcast sheet. This car was built in Windsor, so right away, I know things are a little different on a Windsor broadcast sheet.

First off, the owner was fortunate enough to recover multiple broadcast sheets for the car. The odd thing is the two sheets are not identical as it pertains to codes.

The first inconsistency is the Broadcast Station/Sequence Number is different between the two sheets. One is 2219067 the other is 3218934. Why in the world would the same car have 2 different sequence numbers??

Next, the 3218934 broadcast sheet has a string of eight zeros on line 7 in the "F" sales code section. I read somewhere that nobody has a good explanation as why these zeros exist on Windsor broadcast sheets. Anyone know why?? Another oddity on the same sheet is that it doesn't have any further sales codes after the string of zeros, but the other broadcast sheet has all of the sales codes. Again, anyone know why??

I have attached the two sheets partially blocking the VIN number to protect the owner's privacy, but I assure you the VIN is the same on both sheets.

I would appreciate any info.

Thanks!

bsx.jpgbs1.jpg