fourgearsavoy Offline
I Live Here
fourgearsavoy  Offline
I Live Here

Rittman Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My take is as long as it passes a state safety inspection and ANYBODY can get in and drive it 100 miles then it's a street car.
Gus

If you cant toss the keys to "ANYBODY" granny/ grampa/father/mom or your kid to run down the street for whatever.

Its Not a street car

Nope, that don't work either. I can toss the keys for my dually to my girlfriend and she would toss them right back, because she can't drive a straight shift............LOL!!!

We have guys that work in the lube rack at the dealership that can't drive a stick If I were the boss that would be a requirement for for working in a service department

But then I think driving a truck with a trailer on it should be a requirement to posses a drivers license

Gus

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60
Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: gdonovan] #1778765
03/15/15 01:48 PM
03/15/15 01:48 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

I would have likely gone to jail then. Because I am NOT the type, that "because I say so" is a good enough answer for me. I would want specifics as to WHY the vehicle was not legal. I would imagine if you had a Baja Bug, with clipped fenders, exposed motor, no bumpers etc, that would likely be fine, yet the sand rail isn't. I would want to know WHY..........Don't sound like CT is the place for me............LOL!!!

No fenders and exposed engine were just two of the issues.

It was a SAND RAIL that had been plated out of state very much like the one in the picture attached except with a VW air cooled engine.

those are totally legal down here, I think they make them have some sort of windshield. because CT is screwed up doesn't mean the rest of the world is. and it surely doesn't dictate what a street car is.

Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: gdonovan] #1778766
03/15/15 01:51 PM
03/15/15 01:51 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

I would have likely gone to jail then. Because I am NOT the type, that "because I say so" is a good enough answer for me. I would want specifics as to WHY the vehicle was not legal. I would imagine if you had a Baja Bug, with clipped fenders, exposed motor, no bumpers etc, that would likely be fine, yet the sand rail isn't. I would want to know WHY..........Don't sound like CT is the place for me............LOL!!!

It was a SAND RAIL that had been plated out of state very much like the one in the picture attached except with a VW air cooled engine.

Yep, those are NO problem here. Had one just like that when I was younger, minus the paddle tires of course. So in your state, no "rails", no "Baja bugs", no Marx Manx dune buggies, no bucket roadsters(if fenders are a requirement)....wonder what the rule is on a jacked up jeep with tires hanging out and clipped front fenders. Sounds like they need to change the state abbreviation to NF(no fun).............LOL!!!

The hot thing around here now is the "crawling buggys". Those tube frame deals sitting on 50" tires, with big blocks and loads of power. See them everywhere. Guys build them for rock crawling and trail riding. Used to see them on trailers all the time, going to the trails. Now you see them all over the street without a scratch. So you KNOW they have seen no rocks.

Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: Quicktree] #1778767
03/15/15 01:53 PM
03/15/15 01:53 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

those are totally legal down here, I think they make them have some sort of windshield. because CT is screwed up doesn't mean the rest of the world is. and it surely doesn't dictate what a street car is.

I would say that the tires on that are illegal in
most (if not all) states on a public highway.. here
in Mich you have to have a windshield also... my
brother has a buggy thats street legal

Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1778768
03/15/15 02:00 PM
03/15/15 02:00 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

not talking about the tires, they wouldn't last 10 minutes even if they were legal

Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1778769
03/15/15 02:02 PM
03/15/15 02:02 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would say that the tires on that are illegal in
most (if not all) states on a public highway.. here
in Mich you have to have a windshield also... my
brother has a buggy thats street legal

Of course you wouldn't run the actual "sand" tires on the street, but the vehicle itself is perfectly legal. For the street I just ran radials on the front of mine and "Mud Claws" on the rear. Then for actual mud riding, would put a tractor type "steering" tire on the front

Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: Quicktree] #1778770
03/15/15 02:43 PM
03/15/15 02:43 PM
Oakdale CT
gdonovan Offline
I Live Here
gdonovan  Offline
I Live Here

Oakdale CT
Quote:

Again, the question asked was "what the hell is a street car" not "what the hell is a street car in arizona/texas/alabama"

It is what it is and we work around it as best able.

The rail picture is just one found on the net, the car that got bagged here had a windshield, DOT tires and a hand operated wiper.

"I think its got a hemi"
Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: gdonovan] #1778771
03/15/15 03:11 PM
03/15/15 03:11 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Quote:

Quote:

How the heck do guys in your states get by riding motorcycles? I'm proud I don't live in the communists regions you guys do.

Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: gdonovan] #1778772
03/15/15 03:27 PM
03/15/15 03:27 PM
Chandler, AZ
Duner Offline
top fuel
Duner  Offline
top fuel

Chandler, AZ
Well there we have it.

A street car is a different thing to different people from different places around the world.

If your definition doesn't agree with my definition - you must be wrong! LOL

Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: justinp61] #1778773
03/15/15 05:30 PM
03/15/15 05:30 PM
Oakdale CT
gdonovan Offline
I Live Here
gdonovan  Offline
I Live Here

Oakdale CT
Quote:

How the heck do guys in your states get by riding motorcycles? I'm proud I don't live in the communists regions you guys do.

I'm stuck here till my daughter is an adult, then heading south. The state is full of busybodies who can't mind their own damn business.

The odd things about bikes is almost anything goes. No helmet law though they try again every few years. I'd don't wear one myself as I don't like the restriction of hearing and vision.

"I think its got a hemi"
Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: gdonovan] #1778774
03/15/15 06:08 PM
03/15/15 06:08 PM
bronx n.y
O
one bad fish Offline
pro stock
one bad fish  Offline
pro stock
O

bronx n.y
[image]http://[/image] This is a street car wipers lights lighter lol

Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: justinp61] #1778775
03/15/15 06:14 PM
03/15/15 06:14 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI

Simple... its LAW here you have to have glasses/sunglasses
on.. even without a helmet on a cycle

Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1778776
03/15/15 06:44 PM
03/15/15 06:44 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
This debate has been going on forever
I have my car 28 years now.When I 1st bought it,it was a max wedge look-a-like.The word clone,recreation or tribute did not exsist in the automotive world.It has ALWAYS been street driven and has morphed into what it is now,,,,whatever that might be.Driven several thousand miles a year in fair weather only.In my opinion,it's a street car

8461072-9.28.14018.jpg (39 downloads)

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1778777
03/15/15 07:09 PM
03/15/15 07:09 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Quote:

Simple... its LAW here you have to have glasses/sunglasses
on.. even without a helmet on a cycle

No windshield, seatbelt, wipers, heater, defroster or mufflers? Can't be a street bike.

Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: gdonovan] #1778778
03/15/15 07:34 PM
03/15/15 07:34 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

I'm stuck here till my daughter is an adult, then heading south. The state is full of busybodies who can't mind their own damn business.

The odd things about bikes is almost anything goes. No helmet law though they try again every few years. I'd don't wear one myself as I don't like the restriction of hearing and vision.

the south is full, stay up there.

Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: gdonovan] #1778779
03/15/15 07:43 PM
03/15/15 07:43 PM
jersey
S
Spaceman Spiff Offline
master
Spaceman Spiff  Offline
master
S

jersey
Quote:

Quote:

When your state law says that no part of the engine shall be higher than the hoodline, will your GTX no longer be a street car?

526 cubes of angry wedge, pushbutton shifted, 9 passenger killer!
Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: Spaceman Spiff] #1778780
03/15/15 10:19 PM
03/15/15 10:19 PM
Oakdale CT
gdonovan Offline
I Live Here
gdonovan  Offline
I Live Here

Oakdale CT
Quote:

When your state law says that no part of the engine shall be higher than the hoodline, will your GTX no longer be a street car?

Not sure what the law is on the tunnel ram in CT, never been hassled for it but I didn't go through vehicle inspection with it like that either!

Back when they had annual state emissions testing in the 90's I did go through a few times before the program was dropped and the inspectors never gave me a problem. Man did I have to go through some gymnastics to get the car to pass, good thing we had an emissions test machine back at the shop.

"I think its got a hemi"
Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: Quicktree] #1778781
03/15/15 10:26 PM
03/15/15 10:26 PM
Oakdale CT
gdonovan Offline
I Live Here
gdonovan  Offline
I Live Here

Oakdale CT
Quote:

KY/TN for me, beautiful land with good people. Have some damn fine friends there and I can't wait to go if the opportunity presents itself.

A lot of folks up here are shallow as a cookie sheet and rude as hell not to mention the state government sticking its nose in your business and robbing you blind.

This state is a lost cause, the unfunded liabilities are off the scale and the party in power carries on like its 1999. The job market has been stagnate for 20 years (that is not a typo) and these fools just keep doing the same thing over and over.

"I think its got a hemi"
Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: gdonovan] #1778782
03/15/15 11:07 PM
03/15/15 11:07 PM
canaan ct usa
M
moparclown Offline
top fuel
moparclown  Offline
top fuel
M

canaan ct usa
Quote:

Quote:

KY/TN for me, beautiful land with good people. Have some damn fine friends there and I can't wait to go if the opportunity presents itself.

A lot of folks up here are shallow as a cookie sheet and rude as hell not to mention the state government sticking its nose in your business and robbing you blind.

This state is a lost cause, the unfunded liabilities are off the scale and the party in power carries on like its 1999. The job market has been stagnate for 20 years (that is not a typo) and these fools just keep doing the same thing over and over.

My daughter will graduate in three years and I would like out myself.
As far as my opinion is about whether or not its a street car, If you can insure it and tag it in your state I say have at it. Cars to me should be driven and if its safe and that means for everyone (not just the driver)Then I say bring it out and let all enjoy seeing it.
I drive mine all the time when the weather is good(street car that goes to the track when I can afford the time and $$$)

8461388-000_4029.jpg (31 downloads)
Re: What the hell is a "Street car" ??? [Re: gdonovan] #1778783
03/16/15 08:48 AM
03/16/15 08:48 AM
Buford, GA
I_bleed_MOPAR Offline
master
I_bleed_MOPAR  Offline
master

Buford, GA
Quote:

Quote:

Still room for a couple more car guys. Be sure and bring the K-car- we could make a little money at Commerce.

Tim

'71 Charger 383/727
'17 Challenger SXT (Wifeys car wink )
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11