03/08/15 03:15 AM
03/08/15 03:15 AM
Ca
C
Calicuda70 Offline
Calicuda70  Offline
C

Ca
I just went full xv level II with my 'Cuda can honestly say I'm extremely happy with the result everything came in a timely manner as well no fitment issues at all sold front and rear install I really do believe that Chris the new owner will turn it around.

James

Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: Calicuda70] #1770283
03/08/15 03:36 AM
03/08/15 03:36 AM
Sorrento, BC, Canada
4speeds4me Offline
master
4speeds4me  Offline
master

Sorrento, BC, Canada
Quote:

I just went full xv level II with my 'Cuda can honestly say I'm extremely happy with the result everything came in a timely manner as well no fitment issues at all sold front and rear install I really do believe that Chris the new owner will turn it around.

James

Definitely not built by Milodon or TTI then, eh?

2 Demons...no, not my kids!
Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: Calicuda70] #1770284
03/08/15 11:25 AM
03/08/15 11:25 AM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
Quote:

James

2 posts in over 2 years and this is the only one that shows up anymore.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.
Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: BergmanAutoCraft] #1770285
03/08/15 12:42 PM
03/08/15 12:42 PM
jersey shore
F
flypaper Offline
I hate Texas
flypaper  Offline
I hate Texas
F

jersey shore
Quote:

I agree with Andy on this one. There is no suspension system available that offers any distinct handling advantage over a properly set up stock style suspension.

wow
to read this from you is a

this is the same pete who personally attacked members here
when they said that about xv,
when it first came onto moparts...
pimping up that stuff with some claims that made no sense.
its funny how the tune changes now that
you are not a paid shill anymore!

Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: flypaper] #1770286
03/08/15 12:56 PM
03/08/15 12:56 PM
moparpollack Offline
Lil Herman
moparpollack  Offline
Lil Herman

Quote:

Quote:

I agree with Andy on this one. There is no suspension system available that offers any distinct handling advantage over a properly set up stock style suspension.

wow

Fly, you've must of taken JohnRR's corispondence course on tact and diplomacy.

56 Plaza 63 D100 step side 67 Coronet, 68 Roadrunner, 69 Super Bees, 69 Coronet 500 convertible, 70 Roadrunner Post, 79 D150 360, and a severe case of Mopar a,d,d
Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: Supercuda] #1770287
03/08/15 02:12 PM
03/08/15 02:12 PM
Ca
C
Calicuda70 Offline
Calicuda70  Offline
C

Ca
Sorry I'm not active enough for you there usually no reason to reply to thread when the answer is already there I just figured I would add my exspericance with my purchase

8453358-image.jpg (442 downloads)
Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: Calicuda70] #1770288
03/08/15 03:15 PM
03/08/15 03:15 PM
Nebraska
72Swinger Offline
master
72Swinger  Offline
master

Nebraska
Quote:

Sorry I'm not active enough for you there usually no reason to reply to thread when the answer is already there I just figured I would add my exspericance with my purchase

keep it coming, I like the XV stuff on paper. Those knuckles should allow a lot less caster and also have less scrub. And what's not to like about a sealed hub?

Mopar to the bone!!!
Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: Calicuda70] #1770289
03/08/15 03:35 PM
03/08/15 03:35 PM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
Quote:

Sorry I'm not active enough for you there usually no reason to reply to thread when the answer is already there I just figured I would add my experience with my purchase

Problem is that it is hard to judge someone's opinion without context. It looks nice, but who knows. Maybe I am a cheap SOB but before I slap down lots of money I want to know everything I can about something.

Don't be the exception.
Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: Supercuda] #1770290
03/09/15 02:23 AM
03/09/15 02:23 AM
USA MO
C
cdoublejj Offline
cdoublejj  Offline
C

USA MO
I wonder how this compares to the magnum force transformer.

EDIT: despite being in this section i still feel obliged to say that is in the context of cornering and street ability/ride.

Last edited by cdoublejj; 03/09/15 03:42 AM.
Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: moparpollack] #1770291
03/09/15 10:43 PM
03/09/15 10:43 PM
jersey shore
F
flypaper Offline
I hate Texas
flypaper  Offline
I hate Texas
F

jersey shore
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

wow

Fly, you've must of taken JohnRR's corispondence course on tact and diplomacy.

graduated in 98,made the honor roll and the deans list..

Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: flypaper] #1770292
03/09/15 10:51 PM
03/09/15 10:51 PM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
Is there any good before and after tests on these aftermarket suspensions?

By good I mean a couple of things. Third party, same rims and tires and if possible same brakes?

Not interested in manufacturer's claims, seen too many shenanigan's over the years. Like running 305 heads on a 350 and claiming 40+hp gain over "stock" heads.

Almost not interested in magazine claims, seen too many shill for the sponsor shenanigans too, unless it was a three way head to head, like stock vs XV vs RMS vs Hotchkis type article, if it exists.

I have seen articles were an aftermarket suspension was put on a Mopar and showed improvement, but they serious upgraded the tires and rims too, so who knows what did what and that, in my book, is not a real test of the suspension swap.

Don't be the exception.
Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: Supercuda] #1770293
03/10/15 04:23 AM
03/10/15 04:23 AM
USA MO
C
cdoublejj Offline
cdoublejj  Offline
C

USA MO
Quote:

By good I mean a couple of things. Third party, same rims and tires and if possible same brakes?

Not interested in manufacturer's claims, seen too many shenanigan's over the years. Like running 305 heads on a 350 and claiming 40+hp gain over "stock" heads.

Almost not interested in magazine claims, seen too many shill for the sponsor shenanigans too, unless it was a three way head to head, like stock vs XV vs RMS vs Hotchkis type article, if it exists.

I have seen articles were an aftermarket suspension was put on a Mopar and showed improvement, but they serious upgraded the tires and rims too, so who knows what did what and that, in my book, is not a real test of the suspension swap.

well.... one of us would probably have to do it. I'm automatically out since the car has not been together running since before i was born.

I do the next best and thing and look at the setup and or technology,suspension style and see what other kinds of cars use it. same with the chassis.

like if it is an Independent front suspension we already know it allows for better articulation since the movement of one wheel doesn't disturb the other thusly improving the contact patch with the tire.

The best i have ever seen is with tires but, not suspension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kASM04zuHlo

....well i guess there is this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ufEpb_WIR0

not much. just basic Hotchkis bolt ons for a stock suspension.

at the very LEAST, i like videos like THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7pfNBrrP88

^these^ videos at least show SOME sort of evidence of change or improvement.

THIS write up i think shows a before and after shot of suspension at work when cornering.

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/hrdp-0712-irs-for-musclecars/

it's mustang and an IRS though, this is kind of stuff i look at since we don't have access to before and after videos which ultimately would king over all. Give me an idea on what kind of positive effect independent suspension, FRONT and rear can have on traction.

Last edited by cdoublejj; 03/10/15 05:16 AM.
Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: Supercuda] #1770294
03/10/15 12:13 PM
03/10/15 12:13 PM
Pikes Peak Country
T
TC@HP2 Offline
master
TC@HP2  Offline
master
T

Pikes Peak Country
Quote:

Not that I've ever seen. FWIW, I've never seen anything similar done on any of the Brand C or Brand F suspension providers either, and they are much more prolific than the Mopar providers. Additionally, like you mention, the magazine articles on upgrades also tend to be worn original suspension with wheel/tire upgrades as part of the package, so it difficult to discern the exact amount of improvement the system provides. No one has taken an optimized stock layout against the aftermarket units either.

I still firmly believe that the biggest gain most aftermarket users see is in the balanced spring set ups and matched shock rates they receive from the provider that they do not feel they can achieve themselves from the stock style components. Yes, there is some refined geometry improvements, lighter weight, and easy spring and ride height changes to go along with it, but those are refinements, not the core of the package.

Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: cdoublejj] #1770295
03/10/15 12:16 PM
03/10/15 12:16 PM
NW Chicago suburban area
Mopar Mitch Offline
pro stock
Mopar Mitch  Offline
pro stock

NW Chicago suburban area
The bigeest improvement and difference will always begin with the "nut-behind-the-wheel" (the driver). Next, is the tires, and work your way inwards... but it eventually becomes an overall package of changes that'll make the final differences. Physics is the final law.. so.. choose your base platform wisely to begin with and plan carefully looking into your future wants/needs, etc. In other words, just don't spend a ton of $$$ and expect the best... consider improving your driving skills (track time = time and $$, driver's schools, etc) as part of the overall plan.

Excluding the variable club rules, I believe all of the XV setups were well designed for handling setups, especially their frame strengtheners (as their videos display). Personally, I don't have experience with the XV items... I prefer simple bolt-on type of mods. XV has kept some of their specs (TBs and leafspring rates) closed from anyone knowing what they are.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!
Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: Mopar Mitch] #1770296
03/10/15 01:07 PM
03/10/15 01:07 PM
Long Island, NY USA
B
BergmanAutoCraft Offline
master
BergmanAutoCraft  Offline
master
B

Long Island, NY USA
The biggest plus with coil over suspensions is usually the ride. In the case of the XV stuff, as I'm the only one here with any real experience having worked on every car they ever sold, is they do ride really good but they have many drawbacks. At track speed they can perform well, but the tuning/springs rates as they were sold are far from optimized.
I know the bashing will start, but remember, just because I made a living at that place for almost 7 years, it doesn't mean I agreed with everything they did. I still had a boss to deal with.
IF (big IF) the product was further developed it could have been a truly world class solution for mopars. However, at this point, I feel there isn't enough of a market for this product which is why I never chose to pursue producing this type of product on my own.

Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: BergmanAutoCraft] #1770297
03/10/15 03:05 PM
03/10/15 03:05 PM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
One of the major mags, I want to say Car Craft, did a swap on a stock A body and showed numbers.

Here it is.

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/chassis-sus...ymouth-valiant/

Drag race oriented suspension to Hotchkis, note tire changes too.

Not really a good comparison, like the 305 heads on a 350 one I mentioned. I wish they could have taken a regular MoPar suspension all scienced out then did the swap keeping tires and rims the same. More valid to me.

Don't be the exception.
Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: Supercuda] #1770298
03/10/15 05:19 PM
03/10/15 05:19 PM
Sacramento, Ca
Darius Offline
master
Darius  Offline
master

Sacramento, Ca
You guys can argue this to death but I will say this, again, I am NOT a racer of any kind, there is absolutely NO WAY you could tune a stock suspension and get the level of handling I got on my 69 Dart when I installed a Hotchkiss TVS ! M

Driving modern convenience in classic beauty
Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: Darius] #1770299
03/10/15 05:26 PM
03/10/15 05:26 PM
central CT
cudazappa Offline
super stock
cudazappa  Offline
super stock

central CT
Quote:

You guys can argue this to death but I will say this, again, I am NOT a racer of any kind, there is absolutely NO WAY you could tune a stock suspension and get the level of handling I got on my 69 Dart when I installed a Hotchkiss TVS ! M

Actually, that's what you did. The Hotchkis setup is based on the stock setup.

1971 Challenger
Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: cudazappa] #1770300
03/10/15 06:56 PM
03/10/15 06:56 PM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
Quote:

Quote:

Actually, that's what you did. The Hotchkis setup is based on the stock setup.

Thank you.

Hotchkis is stock based. RMS and XV are not.

Don't be the exception.
Re: XV level II front suspension. Who is using it? [Re: Supercuda] #1770301
03/10/15 07:02 PM
03/10/15 07:02 PM
Irving, TX
feets Offline
Senior Management
feets  Offline
Senior Management

Irving, TX
This is the article I thought of:

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/hrdp-0909-mopar-suspension-bolt-ons/

They tested the car making one change at a time.

While it's not exactly a t-bar to coil over swap it does show where the biggest gains were found.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9