texas,usa
J
jld440 Offline OP
enthusiast
jld440  Offline OP
enthusiast
J

texas,usa

We are trying to get some NSS cars to make it to some or all these races so can have events to take our cars out and run them anybody interested.

Thanks,
Jld440
The SHRA is excited about possibly adding a Super Stock class to our program!

The following dates are SHRA events we can count as points races:

March 21st - Temple
April 18th - Denton
May 2nd - Wichita Falls
August 22nd - Denton
October 10th - Shreveport
October 31st - Denton

We would like to have all 6 of these events included. We realize it's short notice, but to be a true class in SHRA we need to include it at these events.

What needs to happen:

1. A 3 person committee must be formed
2. A set of rules must be determined
3. A payout must be determined

On the payout, a "system" like $50 / $100 entry....start payout in semi-finals with at least entry fee back if not plus some, then winner 70% of remainder / runner up 30% of remainder would work good......what we don't want is a payout based on car count where we have to refer to a different system at each race based on car count. We'd prefer not to have to post multiple payout structures....something simple if possible!

The SHRA will collect all entry fees at front gate and mail payout with all other SHRA classes post race via check.

We will have two time trial sessions before the first round of eliminations like the rest of the SHRA program. At all events, Friday night test and tune is open for those wishing to test, and at some races, not all, we do have an hour of open runs before time trials start. (temple, denton, possibly wichita falls, maybe not shreveport)

A membership fee ($75 or $100) per annual season will be required. These funds will be utilized for a year end payout (top 3 or top 5) and pay for the event and year end awards including the custom season champion leather jacket. This will also include an SHRA series t-shirt and participant decals.

Any sponsorships for the nostalgia super stock class will be treated equally with previously existing SHRA sponsorships. The lowest level of sponsorship is $100 per race. Larger sponsorships are available including overall class title sponsor etc.

A reasonable deadline for committee establishment, rules and pay out needs to be the end of February. This will give the SHRA three weeks to promote the new class, update website, etc. The deadline for any sponsorships will be March 15th (check in hand).

We will allow the class committee to develop rules and pay out structure. The SHRA will handle points using our format and handle all bonus program (sponsorship) details and pay out.

The Super Stock committee can handle any questions specific to the class, while the Super Stock committee members will address SHRA bracket director Max McGlothin with any questions \ concerns regarding SHRA or to answer any questions that cannot be resolved by the class committee.

The class will be under the SHRA umbrella completely and follow the standard SHRA race day policies.

Chris Graves
Max Cackle Photography
www.maxcacklephotos.com
Southwest Heritage Racing Assoc.
www.shraracing.com
******* CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE *******

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. Thank you.

Re: NSS race in Texas [Re: jld440] #1753419
02/13/15 12:44 AM
02/13/15 12:44 AM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
Get in touch with Texas Outsiders. If anyone knows about N/SS racing in Texas It's Mark, Dan and Damon
Doug

Re: NSS race in Texas [Re: dvw] #1753420
02/14/15 11:53 PM
02/14/15 11:53 PM
Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
GTSDave Offline
master
GTSDave  Offline
master

Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
Quote:

Get in touch with Texas Outsiders. If anyone knows about N/SS racing in Texas It's Mark, Dan and Damon
Doug

They are already on it

-Dave

PLEASE Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way.

If you are the owner of a GTS us at the GTS Registry www.gtsregistry.com
Re: NSS race in Texas [Re: GTSDave] #1753421
02/15/15 02:50 AM
02/15/15 02:50 AM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Good luck James.Hope it comes about for ya!

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: NSS race in Texas [Re: hemi-itis] #1753422
02/15/15 09:53 PM
02/15/15 09:53 PM
DFW
M
mr_340 Offline
master
mr_340  Offline
master
M

DFW
I would suggest using the same rules that the Outsiders ran under. I couldn't find their old website that had the rules posted. You might also post on Classracer. There is a Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock page.

Steve Reasbeck has been after me for years to get into NSS, but there is/was only one race at the Motorplex that I am aware of for NSS. Here are some rules that look pretty standard from what I've seen in NSS:

http://www.nssracing.com/rules/nmca-rules/