Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: camastomcat] #1722300
01/06/15 07:21 PM
01/06/15 07:21 PM
Newark,Ohio
kissmyaspen Offline
pro stock
kissmyaspen  Offline
pro stock

Newark,Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

When al-anabi first started he wanted to field 4 dragster 4 funny cars and if anyone remember Matt Smith and Angie had it on the bikes. they where the first to get the axe... then it when down a little more and a little more. then two high profile drivers walked away.. more going on here than meets the eye.. And AJ is looking for sponsors he could do it on his own money. He owns AJPE, Childs and Albert and a huge Vineyard. So if you need anything for a fuel motor he is the man to see.

You say this based on what? I've been to their shop in Santa Maria to pick up parts. They are farmers turned racers, but still farmers. While they might be able to support a 1 car team on their own money for a while, I don't think they will do it. They will need sponsors long term. And yes, they should be able to find sponsors or find a job in the business. If not, he will still be one of the engine producers to the sport. Good riddance to Al Anabi, I hated seeing them in our sport anyway. Read what happened with the ADRL, it quite a story.

I knew AL-Anabi was coming before it was here.

79 Dodge Aspen
12.265 at 109.75 MPH

67 Satellite NSS/E
11.83 @ 110

1968 Plymouth Road Runner 472 Hemi

3 time MOPAR NATIONALS CHAMP '03 FWD and '06 & '09 Street.
'07, '10, '12 Mopar Nats runner-up Street.
Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: kissmyaspen] #1722301
01/06/15 07:27 PM
01/06/15 07:27 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When al-anabi first started he wanted to field 4 dragster 4 funny cars and if anyone remember Matt Smith and Angie had it on the bikes. they where the first to get the axe... then it when down a little more and a little more. then two high profile drivers walked away.. more going on here than meets the eye.. And AJ is looking for sponsors he could do it on his own money. He owns AJPE, Childs and Albert and a huge Vineyard. So if you need anything for a fuel motor he is the man to see.

You say this based on what? I've been to their shop in Santa Maria to pick up parts. They are farmers turned racers, but still farmers. While they might be able to support a 1 car team on their own money for a while, I don't think they will do it. They will need sponsors long term. And yes, they should be able to find sponsors or find a job in the business. If not, he will still be one of the engine producers to the sport. Good riddance to Al Anabi, I hated seeing them in our sport anyway. Read what happened with the ADRL, it quite a story.

BFD. I know a lot of people that were screwed by them, of course on a smaller scale. Oh....and I heard about them coming this way in 2000 at AJR, just didn't think AJ would go that direction.

Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: Quicktree] #1722302
01/06/15 07:40 PM
01/06/15 07:40 PM
anywhere@ anytime
A
actionange Offline
top fuel
actionange  Offline
top fuel
A

anywhere@ anytime
Quote:

does any one really care ? i don't, didn't like them anyway.AJ will find another sponsor or go to work for someone else

Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: camastomcat] #1722303
01/06/15 07:44 PM
01/06/15 07:44 PM
Newark,Ohio
kissmyaspen Offline
pro stock
kissmyaspen  Offline
pro stock

Newark,Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BFD. I know a lot of people that were screwed by them, of course on a smaller scale. Oh....and I heard about them coming this way in 2000 at AJR, just didn't think AJ would go that direction.

Never said they didn't screw anyone. There has been many sponsors that have screwed people.. Torco, Visveva, close call phone cards to name a few.

79 Dodge Aspen
12.265 at 109.75 MPH

67 Satellite NSS/E
11.83 @ 110

1968 Plymouth Road Runner 472 Hemi

3 time MOPAR NATIONALS CHAMP '03 FWD and '06 & '09 Street.
'07, '10, '12 Mopar Nats runner-up Street.
Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: kissmyaspen] #1722304
01/06/15 08:02 PM
01/06/15 08:02 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
I think we agree mostly, especially that I'm glad they are gone. I just don't think long term AJR can run a fuel team on his dime for a long period of time.

Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: jcc] #1722305
01/06/15 09:20 PM
01/06/15 09:20 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

If the written agreed deal was "broken", the owner of a country might feel inclined to walk away, however if the racers have a strong case, and egos/principles aren't involved, a satisfactory settlement is likely to save face and allow everyone to move on, especially if money is unlimited for the at fault party.

The only "agreement" that is going to be reached with him.............is whatever he WANTS to do. You think a written contract matters.........uhh NO. You gonna sue him in an American court........uhh NO.

When he first came here, TF and FC were not even on his radar. His first race to attend was an ADRL race at the track the Hagan's own.......Motor Mile in Radford Va...........I was there. After that he got involved with several Pro-Mod teams and then moved to fuel cars.

Monte

Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: Monte_Smith] #1722306
01/06/15 10:55 PM
01/06/15 10:55 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Sue him in any court that has jurisdiction, with his money it would just be a nuisance to him and worth paying to make it go away would get most lawyers drooling for the chance at their cut.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1722307
01/07/15 04:48 PM
01/07/15 04:48 PM
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
dartman366 Offline
I Live Here
dartman366  Offline
I Live Here

Mt. Vernon, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If the written agreed deal was "broken", the owner of a country might feel inclined to walk away, however if the racers have a strong case, and egos/principles aren't involved, a satisfactory settlement is likely to save face and allow everyone to move on, especially if money is unlimited for the at fault party.

Regarding low gas prices, one supertanker sank by hostile action in the Arabian sea will rocket prices up overnight, and with the trillions at stake, surprised there hasn't been a false flag sinking already.

The oil group(over seas) doesnt want it to go up YET.. they
are trying to kill off the fracking oil... as soon
as they dont make a profit(fracking companies) they
will stop producing... then the barrel price will jump...
the over seas oil kings can ride it out.. but can
the USA companies

Everybody likes to gripe about the OPEC nations but IMO they really are just extreme capitalists.

True... but they dont like competition either.. right
now since fracking is somewhat new OPEC can drive
them out of business fairly easy.. then OPEC can
dictate the price again

American capitalists only allow competition because anti-trust laws force them to.

And OPEC doesnt play by those rules... drive them
out and your in control.. then you reduce the output
and jack the price... save your equipment and make
max dollar..... I see nothing wrong.. LOL... hell
the USA companies wont even build any new refineries
since it cuts into the profit margin

Natural gas is the big thing with those fracked wells, crude is just a cherry on top of their cake, as long as there is demand for NG then they will still drill and frack and with the government trying to abolish coal and coal fired power plants then the demand for NG will always grow.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.
Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1722308
01/07/15 05:05 PM
01/07/15 05:05 PM
Belpre,Ohio
C
CHAPPER Offline
master
CHAPPER  Offline
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
When you say "fracking is relatively new"...what do you mean? I have watched wells being fracked back in the '50's.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.
Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: booger] #1722309
01/07/15 05:19 PM
01/07/15 05:19 PM
Minnesota
Hemi_Joel Offline
master
Hemi_Joel  Offline
master

Minnesota
Quote:

Everybody likes to gripe about the OPEC nations but IMO they really are just extreme capitalists.

Sorry to take issue with you; they are shrewd with their international price fixing schemes, but they are not capitalists at all.
Capitalists raise money, make investments, and run their business with the VOLUNTARY cooperation of all involved.
In the middle east Arab/Muslim countries such as Quatar, the country and all its natural resources are held by force by a dictator (who call themselves king or sheiks or sultans) No competition within their country is allowed, no EPA, OSHA or unions, slave labor happens as does flogging and executions for anyone who speaks out against the dictator. Capitalists don't operate that way.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"
Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: CHAPPER] #1722310
01/07/15 06:07 PM
01/07/15 06:07 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

When you say "fracking is relatively new"...what do you mean? I have watched wells being fracked back in the '50's.

Referring to it in a high volume low cost method which
has been around for what.. 10-12 years

Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1722311
01/08/15 04:29 PM
01/08/15 04:29 PM
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
dartman366 Offline
I Live Here
dartman366  Offline
I Live Here

Mt. Vernon, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

It has taken on a new life with the ability to do horizontal drilling, Hey Fred, didn't they use dynamite back then??

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.
Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: dartman366] #1722312
01/08/15 05:04 PM
01/08/15 05:04 PM
Ontario Canada
M
MattW Offline
master
MattW  Offline
master
M

Ontario Canada
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Regarding low gas prices, one supertanker sank by hostile action in the Arabian sea will rocket prices up overnight, and with the trillions at stake, surprised there hasn't been a false flag sinking already.

The oil group(over seas) doesnt want it to go up YET.. they
are trying to kill off the fracking oil... as soon
as they dont make a profit(fracking companies) they
will stop producing... then the barrel price will jump...
the over seas oil kings can ride it out.. but can
the USA companies

True... but they dont like competition either.. right
now since fracking is somewhat new OPEC can drive
them out of business fairly easy.. then OPEC can
dictate the price again

American capitalists only allow competition because anti-trust laws force them to.

And OPEC doesnt play by those rules... drive them
out and your in control.. then you reduce the output
and jack the price... save your equipment and make
max dollar..... I see nothing wrong.. LOL... hell
the USA companies wont even build any new refineries
since it cuts into the profit margin

Natural gas is the big thing with those fracked wells, crude is just a cherry on top of their cake, as long as there is demand for NG then they will still drill and frack and with the government trying to abolish coal and coal fired power plants then the demand for NG will always grow.

Add to this our tar sands.. OPEC is producing more to make it tar sands to expensive to produce. Plus they want to kill the Keystone pipe line.
In order for the sands to be profitable the price of crude has to be close to a 100 a barrel.
Canada has more Untapped,Tapped NG and untapped oil than any other place on the planet. Ten years ago,at the world consumption rate of oil, Alberta had 400 years worth of oil.
Now they discovered Manitoba has more than Alberta. Just hard to get
Opec wants cheap gas and I don't see it going up in the future.
Matt

Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: dartman366] #1722313
01/08/15 05:50 PM
01/08/15 05:50 PM
Belpre,Ohio
C
CHAPPER Offline
master
CHAPPER  Offline
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It has taken on a new life with the ability to do horizontal drilling, Hey Fred, didn't they use dynamite back then??

NO, No dynamite.. I am not exactly sure what they used,,,but I watched the black&orange Dowell trucks and the red&gray Haliburton trucks with some kind of airplane motors on them running pumps shove something(nitro glycerine possibly?) into the ground. One of my friends Dad was a salesman for Larkin Tool back then and he took us to well sites once in awhile when we were allowed on site.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.
Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: dartman366] #1722314
01/08/15 06:09 PM
01/08/15 06:09 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah Bill that was when a lot of stuff changed..
when they changed directions with the bit and could
run any direction they want... and yes you are correct
on the NG that WAS the primary reason for frackng
but as usual things change and they(oil companies)
take it ALL... also now that the house and senate
are on the same side they will PUSH to get the Keystone
pipe line into effect... another thing the opec people
dont want... I'm sure we will see some fluctuation
in the market but not a lot until the competition
is pushed out... but JMO... if I knew all the facts
I'd be RICH

Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1722315
01/09/15 12:13 AM
01/09/15 12:13 AM
Niles , Ohio
T
therocks Offline
oh wait.but hey.lets see.oh yeah.
therocks  Offline
oh wait.but hey.lets see.oh yeah.
T

Niles , Ohio
The wifes relatives live in W Va and they say fracking has been going on there for at least 50 to 60 years and a lot of it.Just now they can get the gas from the shale fairly cheap.I have a gas well out back.Rocky

Chrysler Firepower
Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1722316
02/07/15 06:00 PM
02/07/15 06:00 PM
St. Paul , Mn.
tubtar Offline
master
tubtar  Offline
master

St. Paul , Mn.
I guess this move is finally starting to make more sense.
Apparently , they wanted to focus on more regional racing ( to them ) and promote locally made performance products.
I don't see it gaining international acceptance , but it might just be a hoot to watch in person.

8422059-AlAnabi.jpg (66 downloads)
Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: pittsburghracer] #1722317
02/09/15 08:13 AM
02/09/15 08:13 AM
Virginia
64HemiSavoy Offline
64HemiSavoy  Offline

Virginia

Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: 64HemiSavoy] #1722318
02/09/15 09:41 PM
02/09/15 09:41 PM
Graham, WA
P
Polarapete Offline
top fuel
Polarapete  Offline
top fuel
P

Graham, WA
Now that the 2015 Winternationals are in the books we can see just how much difference the disappearance of the money made to Allan Johnson Top Fuel Racing....

they only won the whole thing

Sunday
Results for Final Round
POMONA, Calif. - FastNews Network - Results of final, round 4 eliminations in Top Fuel at the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, 55th annual Circle K NHRA Winternationals:
W/L Driver R-Time E-Time Speed

(W) Shawn Langdon (Knuckle Sandwich/AJPE Dragst 0.045 3.799 309.91
(L) Antron Brown (Matco Tools Dragster) 0.055 3.804 310.70
4:35 p.m. Weather conditions: air temperature 79 degrees, relative humidity 45 percent, barometer 28.96 inches, adjusted altitude 3,037 feet, track temperature 89 degrees.
Brown is 17 - 8 against Langdon in prior events and Brown is 3 - 1 against Langdon in prior final rounds. Langdon with the starting line advantage and never trailed for the win. Both cars had a hole out right from the start and neither car picked them up. This was a great drag race with Langdon winning by 0.0156 seconds (approximately 7 feet). This was Langdon's tenth National event win in Top Fuel.

1986 Dodge Ramcharger 440 2wd, Bracket Racer Under Construction
1998 Ram 2500 QuadCab, new daily driver.
2008 Honda Element
2014 Carry-On 7x14 Cargo Trailer
Re: WOW is this going to hurt NHRA race team funding. [Re: Polarapete] #1722319
02/09/15 09:48 PM
02/09/15 09:48 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Yet he is still looking for money to race the season..
they said they only have enough to race a couple of races

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4