aZLiViN
J
J_BODY Offline
I Live Here
J_BODY  Offline
I Live Here
J

aZLiViN
Haven't been up to Vegas for a "pro" race for a number of years, but I can't wait to have my 9:00 am beer drinking butt up there next week for the Street Car Supernationals!

.....just curious. is there a track long enough to have a 1320 fuel car race? That we be interesting to promote! Famoso comes to mind..... Maybe I'll put that on my "to-do" list when my lotto ticket comes in!

Re: Ok, I’m in one of my moods again…. [Re: J_BODY] #1698492
11/14/14 12:19 AM
11/14/14 12:19 AM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

Haven't been up to Vegas for a "pro" race for a number of years, but I can't wait to have my 9:00 am beer drinking butt up there next week for the Street Car Supernationals!

.....just curious. is there a track long enough to have a 1320 fuel car race? That we be interesting to promote! Famoso comes to mind..... Maybe I'll put that on my "to-do" list when my lotto ticket comes in!

SIR ( Tucson ) is one of the longest tracks in the US - and Wildhorse aint far behind it. Guess your 9AM beer drinking butt won't at SIR, as they don't serve alcohol.

Fastest 300
Re: Ok, I’m in one of my moods again…. [Re: camastomcat] #1698493
11/14/14 12:28 AM
11/14/14 12:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There is NO Easy way to slow them down.....Alan Johnson, Austin Coil, Lee Beard, etc. haven't figured it out yet.....why do some on here think they are smarter than them ??

Since when did any of those people try to slow something down?

Google is your friend.......read up....Lee Beard actually works for the NHRA now.....

Oh....well since he works for the NHRA, and Google is my friend, I guess it will get done then......right. As far as NHRA is concerned, it's taken care of with 1000'.

Again, TRY Reading and gain some knowledge before speaking.....all options have been looked at for years by the smartest guys in racing....Lee Beard just announced changes......I'll help you out.....----> http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-raci...-car-consultant

Re: Ok, I’m in one of my moods again…. [Re: ] #1698494
11/14/14 12:46 AM
11/14/14 12:46 AM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There is NO Easy way to slow them down.....Alan Johnson, Austin Coil, Lee Beard, etc. haven't figured it out yet.....why do some on here think they are smarter than them ??

Google is your friend.......read up....Lee Beard actually works for the NHRA now.....

Oh....well since he works for the NHRA, and Google is my friend, I guess it will get done then......right. As far as NHRA is concerned, it's taken care of with 1000'.

Again, TRY Reading and gain some knowledge before speaking.....all options have been looked at for years by the smartest guys in racing....Lee Beard just announced changes......I'll help you out.....----> http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-raci...-car-consultant

I obviously am not as informed as you are because you know how to find an article that says they are looking into it. Gee....I never heard that before. Oh and Lee Beard, I know people that raced T/F and and knew him years ago. I listened to many stories about him, and I'll just leave it there. Ed McCulloch said they should go to one fuel pump/magneto right after they went to 1000 ft. And so did Connie K. and many others. But that was in 2008, hey, I guess I do know how to use Google. Here we are in 2014 at 1000ft. Let's just see what happens with Lee, I'm sure he is all over it.

Re: Ok, I’m in one of my moods again…. [Re: camastomcat] #1698495
11/14/14 02:03 PM
11/14/14 02:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I obviously am not as informed as you are because you know how to find an article that says they are looking into it. Gee....I never heard that before. Oh and Lee Beard, I know people that raced T/F and and knew him years ago. I listened to many stories about him, and I'll just leave it there. Ed McCulloch said they should go to one fuel pump/magneto right after they went to 1000 ft. And so did Connie K. and many others. But that was in 2008, hey, I guess I do know how to use Google. Here we are in 2014 at 1000ft. Let's just see what happens with Lee, I'm sure he is all over it.

Wrong Again....Ed McCulloch NEVER said to use one pump....he doesn't even want smaller pumps, he says it's more dangerous.....he feels 1000' racing is fine....."“I had as big and as violent of explosions back then as they do today with a 20 gallon fuel pump,” McCulloch said. “They talk about reducing the fuel pump, and I disagree with that 100 percent."

As far as Lee Beard.....obviously a pretty smart and talented guy....he is an advocate of limiting rpm and timing.....

You obviously speak without any knowledge or facts to back up your claims.....please educate yourself

Re: Ok, I’m in one of my moods again…. [Re: ] #1698496
11/14/14 02:23 PM
11/14/14 02:23 PM
Idaho
1320Dart Offline OP
mopar
1320Dart  Offline OP
mopar

Idaho
Didn't I hear something last year about NHRA putting some mandatory timing device on T/F, that pulled timing out of the motor at the top end, to try and stop the motor explosions? Did they end up pulling all of those back off? I have't heard another word about it.

Greg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is irrelevant, making memories is far more valuable!biggrin
Re: Ok, I’m in one of my moods again…. [Re: 1320Dart] #1698497
11/14/14 08:25 PM
11/14/14 08:25 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
Sorry mid94, I don't research racing history or comments by a writer on the Internet like you do. I'm busy working or racing . The year I had a gold card, I raced some national events and heard Ed and Connive arguing about 1000ft on the starting line. Perhaps be changed his mind. And Lee Beard wasn't well thought of in the northwest. Now I'm done arguing with you. We'll just see whether they go back to 1320, and how long Lee Beard is at NHRA, although he may be able to make it there.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3